Benchmade Infidel - Page 2
You are Unregistered, please register to use all of the features of FirearmsTalk.com!    
Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com > Gear & Accessories > Other Weapons >

Benchmade Infidel

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 02-13-2009, 05:19 PM   #11
Feedback Score: 0 reviews

Liked 1 Times on 1 Posts
Likes Given: 5

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mark F View Post
That would be the DOWNSIDE, if he used it as a self-defence weapon. The repercussion and lawsuits would be plentiful... not to mention jail-time.

While I do carry an ill-legal knife, I also carry a legal pistol. And shooting is a whole lot easier...
Aye'.... your right but as I've stated before, I live in California, this place is liberial-fascist, especially with regards to weapons ranged or melee. Getting a legal handgun with CCW is still a little bugger to get. My gym buddy is weird, he is afraid of guns but he loves melee weapons.... he does fit the type that would bring a knife to gun fight. Which won't help him any at all unless he gets close enough to the assailiant to slash off the trigger or their face.

Old 02-13-2009, 10:55 PM   #12
FTF_SUPPORTER.png

Liked 1176 Times on 511 Posts
Likes Given: 2978

I had one. I liked it a bunch, but I couldn't legally carry it here in CA. So, I sold it. My daily carry is a Benchmade Nitrous Stryker. It's a good knife.
“If ye love wealth better than liberty, the tranquility of servitude better than the animating contest of freedom, go home from us in peace. We ask not your counsels or arms. Crouch down and lick the hands which feed you. May your chains set lightly upon you, and may posterity forget that ye were our countrymen.”Samuel Adams

Old 11-07-2010, 04:05 AM   #13

I must agree with skullcrusher. I prefer the cobalt. its 440 stainless, straight and serrated edges. its a little on the heavy side but it makes up for it in durability and sharpness.

Old 11-09-2010, 09:10 PM   #14

Liked 57 Times on 42 Posts
Likes Given: 22

I'm not a big fan of anything spring loaded. The spring will fail whenever you need it most. Also I can get a standard folding blade out and open in about the same time as a switchblade if it has a thumb stud.

Vae Victis

Old 11-09-2010, 09:36 PM   #15

Liked 1 Times on 1 Posts

In regards to folks using an illegal weapon for self defense, if it's all that available, it's better to be judged by 12 than to be carried by 6, so you just have to make sure you have a legal weapon to use at all times to protect yourself.

Old 11-10-2010, 01:31 PM   #16

Liked 97 Times on 70 Posts
Likes Given: 1

I find it extremely funny that they will issue me a license to carry a handgun, but that there are knives that they say are illegal for me to even possess, much less carry (not that I'm the most law abiding individual). That said, I would love to have one to add to my collection however my favorite is the Benchmade Auto Presidio.
Benchmade Infidel - Other Weapons

Old 11-13-2010, 03:16 PM   #17

Liked 27 Times on 22 Posts
Likes Given: 10

Default I agree

Quote:
Originally Posted by steve666 View Post
I find it extremely funny that they will issue me a license to carry a handgun, but that there are knives that they say are illegal for me to even possess, much less carry (not that I'm the most law abiding individual). That said, I would love to have one to add to my collection however my favorite is the Benchmade Auto Presidio.
Benchmade Infidel - Other Weapons
Yes its stupid! I am an edged weapons instructor and I can legally carry concealed in NYS Handguns that is, but I cannot carry a concealed knife or openly if it is over a certain size (size being dertermined by no particular statute) But, as one law enforcement officer said to me "Yes its stupid but its the law!" Not much of a rationale is it?

Old 11-14-2010, 08:10 AM   #18

Liked 2 Times on 1 Posts
Likes Given: 2

Quote:
Originally Posted by culdee View Post
Yes its stupid! I am an edged weapons instructor and I can legally carry concealed in NYS Handguns that is, but I cannot carry a concealed knife or openly if it is over a certain size (size being dertermined by no particular statute) But, as one law enforcement officer said to me "Yes its stupid but its the law!" Not much of a rationale is it?
I personally own the dagger infidel that I picked up on Gunbroker a few years ago for $300.00 It is the most dependable of all Benchmade knives I have owned, and thats saying quite a bit becuase I have quite a collection of them. I was doing some aux cop work to help my local Sherif's Dept. out so it was not a big stretch to justify the carrying of this. The funny thing is that they claim an active duty military can carry this too. Problem with that is that they'd have your ass in a sling if you got cought on base with that in your pocket. At least when I was in the USN; standing ASF (aux security force) watch, I would have been justified to holding someone for the master at arms to pick up and drag to the tank. Its a shame really. This particular knife has been my tried and true but I must keep it locked up at home since I moved out of area. Doesn't look like they need aux cops up here, which is fine with me. I'll trade a full nights sleep for the inablility to carry my fav blade... Grudgingly...

Newest Threads