Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com > Gear & Accessories > Other Weapons > Benchmade Infidel

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 01-19-2009, 09:24 PM   #1
FTF_SUPPORTER.png
Feedback Score: 0 reviews

Liked 7 Times on 5 Posts

Default Benchmade Infidel

Anyone pick one of these guys up yet? I've wanted one since they came out, but I can't justify the price.

"'Did you ever wonder why we had to run for shelter when the promise of a brave new world unfurled beneath a clear blue sky? "
Roger Waters

Vote freedom, join the Libertarian Party.

Join FirearmsTalk.com Today - It's Free!

Are you a firearms enthusiast? Then we hope you will join the community. You will gain access to post, create threads, private message, upload images, join groups and more.

Firearms Talk is owned and operated by fellow firearms enthusiasts. We strive to offer a non-commercial community to learn and share information.

Join FirearmsTalk.com Today! - Click Here

Old 01-19-2009, 09:57 PM   #2

Liked 2 Times on 2 Posts

Haaa that is awesome. Pretty ballsy move, but that is great. Im surprised that G.A.P. hasn't come out with a rifle by that name...yet.

Old 01-21-2009, 11:22 AM   #3
Supporting Member
FTF_SUPPORTER.png

Liked 47 Times on 30 Posts
Likes Given: 12

I've been seeing mixed reviews on this knife. Apparently, the spring-out is slow as compared to other OTF knives. I will "stick" with my AFO Benchmade.

Old 02-02-2009, 08:40 PM   #4

Liked 1 Times on 1 Posts
Likes Given: 5

I know a guy at the gym that owns one of these, I'm in California so yeah these are illegal but the police doesn't give him any problems I guess. Course he isn't a trouble maker either so I imagine the police isn't an issue with him. He mostly uses that for practical purposes and if need be he would use it for self-defense but he would need to be prepared for the repurcussions of using that knife in self-defense.

Old 02-03-2009, 12:25 PM   #5
Supporting Member
FTF_SUPPORTER.png

Liked 47 Times on 30 Posts
Likes Given: 12

Quote:
Originally Posted by HunterMarksman338 View Post
I know a guy at the gym that owns one of these, I'm in California so yeah these are illegal but the police doesn't give him any problems I guess. Course he isn't a trouble maker either so I imagine the police isn't an issue with him. He mostly uses that for practical purposes and if need be he would use it for self-defense but he would need to be prepared for the repurcussions of using that knife in self-defense.
That would be the DOWNSIDE, if he used it as a self-defence weapon. The repercussion and lawsuits would be plentiful... not to mention jail-time.

While I do carry an ill-legal knife, I also carry a legal pistol. And shooting is a whole lot easier...

Old 02-03-2009, 04:57 PM   #6

Liked 1 Times on 1 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mark F View Post
That would be the DOWNSIDE, if he used it as a self-defence weapon. The repercussion and lawsuits would be plentiful... not to mention jail-time.

While I do carry an ill-legal knife, I also carry a legal pistol. And shooting is a whole lot easier...
Aye'.... that's what I'm worried about too, he absolutely loves this knife and he did tell me one time that he was ready to use it against some drunken a**hole who had a broken Vodka bottle but I guess the very site of the knife was a deterrant enough to back the idiot off. A CCW and gun would be something better to have but it's much more expensive now here in California because of the extra fees. I've been trying to convince him to buy a Ti-Lite from Cold Steel because of how fast you can deploy the knife by snagging the quilian on the pants. He is a good guy.... I don't want him to get in trouble over this knife.

Old 02-03-2009, 11:51 PM   #7

Liked 17 Times on 12 Posts

There are plenty of good quality folding knives that are legal. Self-defense or not, use an illegal device, you are screwed. That is one case where you do not want to kill the BG. Dead BG and illegal knife for SD=at least 1yr PRISON. At least 5 years PRISON for illegal gun. Whoops, you are in California.

No authority in anything here, but search Cali law, and I believe the penalties can be much worse if not a Federal case. Cali laws SUCK!!

From C3Shooter:
Skullcrusher, you are evil, sick, demented, twisted- and my hero!

Quote:
Originally Posted by pandamonium View Post
...without the Second, we cannot protect the rest!

Old 02-04-2009, 02:45 AM   #8

spare a thought for us poor aussies.... I can get in **** just for carrying a swiss army knife, let alone defending myself with it. Not that i would ever carry one of them for defence. just making the point. IF i were to carry for SD, which OF COURSE I would never do... I would carry a SOG Flash II.

Ps. we are allowed to carry but only if we can prove a valid reason for it.... ie if ur camping and have a slipjoint in ur pocket u'll probably be allright........probably.

To secure peace is to prepare for war - Mettalica

IF YOU KNOW HOW MANY GUNS YOU HAVE...... YOU DONT HAVE ENOUGH!!!!!

Old 02-04-2009, 03:57 AM   #9

Liked 1 Times on 1 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by bushtucker View Post
spare a thought for us poor aussies.... I can get in **** just for carrying a swiss army knife, let alone defending myself with it. Not that i would ever carry one of them for defence. just making the point. IF i were to carry for SD, which OF COURSE I would never do... I would carry a SOG Flash II.

Ps. we are allowed to carry but only if we can prove a valid reason for it.... ie if ur camping and have a slipjoint in ur pocket u'll probably be allright........probably.
Good gawd man!!

Your not allowed to carry over there? That totally sucks!! Here in California I'm allowed to openly carry a fixed blade knife on my belt or strapped to my shoulder sling to my canvas bag and the police don't mind of it.

It's been an excellent deterrant for any a**hole who wishes to start pointless trouble with me.

Old 02-13-2009, 12:06 PM   #10

Likes Given: 6

It looks cool but I must agree with Mark, AFO is still my choice.