Barry Wood Mk.2 Custom Slide Open Pocket Knife
Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com > Gear & Accessories > Other Weapons > Barry Wood Mk.2 Custom Slide Open Pocket Knife

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 11-14-2013, 05:32 PM   #1
Feedback Score: 0 reviews

Liked 489 Times on 296 Posts
Likes Given: 228

Default Barry Wood Mk.2 Custom Slide Open Pocket Knife

I forgot I had this knife, but due to it's unusual design I figured some might like to see it. The Mk2 was made by Barry D. Wood in the 1970's in Venice, Ca.. Anything totally made in the USA is of interest to me these days.

It was originally packaged in a clear plastic tube with orange end caps that also contained a very crudely printed description of the knife along with primitive sketches showing how to open and close it.

The unusual way this knife opens and closes is reminiscent of a butterfly knife. I've seen no other pocket knife that operates like this. I know these knives are around, but aren't common. I've seen some knives made by Wood selling in the $4000 range, but unfortunately this isn't one of them. It is extremely well made and is just about as solid as a fixed blade knife when it's opened and in the locked position. The micarta grips are nice looking and fits in well with the overall design of the knife. While holding it the feel is very comfortable at least for myself.

Join FirearmsTalk.com Today - It's Free!

Are you a firearms enthusiast? Then we hope you will join the community. You will gain access to post, create threads, private message, upload images, join groups and more.

Firearms Talk is owned and operated by fellow firearms enthusiasts. We strive to offer a non-commercial community to learn and share information.

Join FirearmsTalk.com Today! - Click Here

Old 11-15-2013, 08:03 AM   #2

Liked 2 Times on 1 Posts

I've been a fan of Barry's knives since the 70's... got my first one in 1980. Probably had over 50 of them in the past and currently have 24, counting those made when he worked with Mike Irie (his ex-son in law). Here is my current collection of Barry & Mike's knives... I've got two more that I bought this week coming in the mail.

Old 11-15-2013, 05:10 PM   #3

Liked 1139 Times on 591 Posts
Likes Given: 49

Nice collection. Thanks for showing us.