anything other than guns for home defense and when I'm roaming the streets - Page 2
You are Unregistered, please register to use all of the features of FirearmsTalk.com!    
Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com > Gear & Accessories > Other Weapons > anything other than guns for home defense and when I'm roaming the streets

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 08-04-2012, 04:35 PM   #11
Feedback Score: 0 reviews

Liked 1101 Times on 659 Posts
Likes Given: 55

Quote:
Originally Posted by dog2000tj

made the war club, bought the hammer. I also have a war axe too
F**KING AWESOME!!! $hit I need to get one now!!

Old 08-05-2012, 02:15 AM   #12

Quote:
Originally Posted by dog2000tj
HD - firearms, axes, knives, bats, war hammer, war club (yes, I have one of each ), tools, furniture ..... or just about anything I can get my hands on

PD - pistol, knives, flashlight ... or just about anything I can get my hands on

and for those folks who have been regulated by Gov't to be defenseless - a 3/4"x4" dowel of hardwood - wrap in fist and lay down some punishment

as far as I know no Gov't has banned wooden dowels ..... yet
Take a look at the beautiful garden state, where our public defense in in the form of a flawless police system. With so many cops on the streets you don't need to defend yourself... I mean with such a safe state I would gladly walk through Camden, Trenton, or Newark streets and feel safe... Oh wait, I don't feel safe in those places during the day... But on topic. I carry an easy to open knife, sometimes an assisted open, and a spare knife just in case my main knife is lost in a scuffle.

Old 08-05-2012, 02:47 AM   #13

Hi,
Will you please check out the custom, handmade boot knife I just listed for sale on the vendor display? It will do the job.
Thank you,
Randy

Old 08-05-2012, 03:28 AM   #14

Liked 10 Times on 7 Posts

Default Home Defense

I have no type of defense except shotguns, pistols, and rifles. I do have a cross bow and a few knives. I just don't see having a weapon that maybe I could protect me or my family with. A gun is a sure thing if you are good with it.

Old 08-05-2012, 01:45 PM   #15

Liked 35 Times on 23 Posts
Likes Given: 59

Quote:
Originally Posted by dog2000tj View Post
HD - firearms, axes, knives, bats, war hammer, war club (yes, I have one of each ), tools, furniture ..... or just about anything I can get my hands on

PD - pistol, knives, flashlight ... or just about anything I can get my hands on

and for those folks who have been regulated by Gov't to be defenseless - a 3/4"x4" dowel of hardwood - wrap in fist and lay down some punishment

In the UK we can carry knives in public, but only (pretty much) useless ones. The legal specs are something like, no blade longer than 3" and must be a non locking blade. So afaik even a sub 3" lock knife or fixed blade would be illegal. You can carry anything if you can give good reason, so if you had a fixed blade bowie, fishing rod, and camping gear all packed together in your car, the courts might let you off. But if you take it out shopping stuffed down the back of your pants then obviously they wont let you off.

If I felt things were bad enough that I needed to carry in public day to day, I wouldn’t bother with the useless items. But then by that time the law would be the lesser concern. The scum that the restrictions are there to target completely ignore the law anyway so its disgraceful that all the good intentioned, law abiding & harmless people are all left at their mercy.

I actually carry a 3” locker most days as part of my work, but not really because I feel the need to for protection, not yet anyway.

Last edited by RemFire; 08-05-2012 at 01:48 PM.

Old 08-05-2012, 02:31 PM   #16

Liked 27 Times on 19 Posts

My favorite home defense weapon is a four foot rose bush stalk. I shaved the thorns off the first foot for my handle. It's grizzly!

Old 08-06-2012, 03:18 AM   #17
AOK

Liked 1 Times on 1 Posts
Likes Given: 3

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nighthawk63 View Post
A gun is a sure thing if you are good with it.
There are no certainties or sure things in a fight, even if you are very good at fighting with a gun.

Old 08-06-2012, 04:09 AM   #18

Liked 1037 Times on 620 Posts
Likes Given: 16

Does this count as alternate HD?

20120417_123351-1.jpg

Old 08-16-2012, 05:20 AM   #19
Not Unsafe Act Compliant!
FTF_SUPPORTER.png

Liked 2165 Times on 1327 Posts
Likes Given: 12129

Quote:
Originally Posted by dog2000tj View Post

I keep a roll of quarters or nickels in my pocket for the same use. Where a goverment may eventually regulate wooden dowels among their population, they will never ban legal tender.

Quote:
Originally Posted by MrWray View Post
Does this count as alternate HD?

Attachment 53615
Why yes. He certaily does count. I think that the first person to try breaking in would need a change of underwear at bare minimum. If they were dumb enough to stick around on the other hand, I'm thinking sutures or a body bag. Once again Mr Wray, that's one hell of a dog you got there.

Si vis pacem para bellum.

There are two ways of doing something. Right and again.

If you can't be good, be great at it.

Old 08-17-2012, 05:30 PM   #20
Hdq

Liked 5 Times on 2 Posts

That dog is kick ass!! I need me one of those babies! id name him rambo we would go everywhere with me. like my glock on my hip hed be my best friend!