Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com > Gear & Accessories > Other Weapons > anyone have the m48 hawk?

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 01-01-2014, 02:07 PM   #21
10-32
FTF_SUPPORTER.png
Feedback Score: 0 reviews

Liked 2916 Times on 1717 Posts

Figured a quick review was in order. The hawk survived it's first trip through the edged weapons course. The combination of the thick bevel on the blade and frozen log butts definitely worked against me a bit. It took a few targets to get the distance down because the handle is about an inch shorter than I would like. I will take a file to the blade and thin the bevel out a bit. Overall I did okay and I'm happy with it so far. We will see if it continues to stand up to the abuse. I do have one major concern, I have a history of sticking the hawk and then throwing my knife and sticking it in the handle of my hawk. I highly doubt it will end well if/when this happens.

better judged by twelve than carried by six.

I don't need No stinking signature.

kfox75 Likes This 
Old 01-02-2014, 02:49 AM   #22

Liked 13 Times on 8 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by mountainman13 View Post
Figured a quick review was in order. The hawk survived it's first trip through the edged weapons course. The combination of the thick bevel on the blade and frozen log butts definitely worked against me a bit. It took a few targets to get the distance down because the handle is about an inch shorter than I would like. I will take a file to the blade and thin the bevel out a bit. Overall I did okay and I'm happy with it so far. We will see if it continues to stand up to the abuse. I do have one major concern, I have a history of sticking the hawk and then throwing my knife and sticking it in the handle of my hawk. I highly doubt it will end well if/when this happens.

Do you stick your knife in the handle on purpose?

Old 01-02-2014, 01:18 PM   #23
10-32
FTF_SUPPORTER.png

Liked 2916 Times on 1717 Posts

No. It just happens. It's like a Robin Hood thing. It sucks really, not only do you have to fix or replace your handle , you basically get screwed out of a double bullseye.

I don't need No stinking signature.

Old 01-02-2014, 11:57 PM   #24

Liked 13 Times on 8 Posts

Ok I was gonna say "holy Sh!t how are you that accurate" haha, but yes I believe it gets old that way