Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com

Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com (http://www.firearmstalk.com/forums/)
-   Other Weapons (http://www.firearmstalk.com/forums/f32/)
-   -   Anyone carry a Butterfly/Balisong knife in their person? (http://www.firearmstalk.com/forums/f32/anyone-carry-butterfly-balisong-knife-their-person-10932/)

HunterMarksman338 02-15-2009 06:30 PM

Anyone carry a Butterfly/Balisong knife in their person?

One subject that hasn't been discussed as of yet here is butterfly knives. Now I've been the youtube videos of people flipping them around in their hands and it looks really cool.

I know butterfly knives are illegal in many states, but for those states where they are legal.... who carries?

ranger_sxt 02-16-2009 05:11 AM

I used to.

I've changed over to a fixed-blade.

dunerunner 02-16-2009 05:30 AM

I much prefer my lock back. Quicker to open, won't collapse when you cut and you probably won't drop it trying to open it.

Kill-Zone 02-17-2009 12:43 AM

Nope but i do carry a T-HANDLE just like the one used by Tom Berenger in the movie Platoon where he slices Charlie Sheen's face....made by Coldsteel..and is razer sharp...

HunterMarksman338 02-17-2009 05:46 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Kill-Zone (Post 71992)
Nope but i do carry a T-HANDLE just like the one used by Tom Berenger in the movie Platoon where he slices Charlie Sheen's face....made by Coldsteel..and is razer sharp...

Are you talking about Cold Steel's Triple action folder? Which knife are you talking about specifically? I'm all curious now. :p

Shotgun Shooter 02-17-2009 05:55 AM

I dont carry or own a butterfly knife, but I carry a winchester blade. not sure the exact length, but it has to be around 4" blade with a nice sheath.

S.S.

Kill-Zone 02-17-2009 11:03 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by HunterMarksman338 (Post 72088)
Are you talking about Cold Steel's Triple action folder? Which knife are you talking about specifically? I'm all curious now. :p

No its not a folder... straightblade with a ''T'' handle so if you was to make a fist it would fit right between the middle and ring finger you only see the blade.... shaped just like the letter T go to coldsteel.com look for safe keeper you''ll see it....

Franciscomv 02-18-2009 01:01 AM

I've got a few, mostly customs with a few Benchmades and a couple of Spydercos thrown into the mix. I like them and learned a few tricks, it's a very effective locking system.

However, I only use mine for utility tasks. Flipping them around is fun, but I wouldn't want to have to deploy one in an emergency when all my fine motor skills go flying out the window.

Benning Boy 02-18-2009 05:13 AM

Had a great custom, solid lockup, nasty sharp. Lost it, and since then, the only ones I've seen that aren't ridiculous in price are flea market garbage. Not a large market for mid priced butterflies.

All in all, not the most practical knife in the world, but fun.:cool:

sgtdeath66 02-18-2009 06:46 AM

i had one in black and gray urban camo but left it at work one day and never seen it since. i still miss playing with it. i couldnt do any really cool tricks other than open and close it but it was still fun