Anybody Carry Spyderco?
Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com > Gear & Accessories > Other Weapons > Anybody Carry Spyderco?

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 05-18-2008, 02:34 AM   #1
Feedback Score: 0 reviews

Default Anybody Carry Spyderco?

If you know anything about Syperco, then you know they started almost every folder trend today.

Spyderco is about as good as it gets in my book. Great knives, good prices, amazing steel, awesome looks, top-notch performance. (IMO) Better than Benchmade, CRKT, Cold Steel, and Emerson. You really cant beat a Spyderco (and its made in Golden, CO)

Spyderco Endura 4 Green (Full Seration, Round Thumbhole)
Spyderco Delica 4 Black (Partial Serration, Round Thumbhole)
Spyderco Byrd Cara Cara (Plain Blade, "EYE" Thumbhole)

Spyderco Endura 4

MSRP $90. 4 Inch Blade. Full Serration. ACU Green. FRN and SS handle. Feels amazing, razor sharp, great cuts, my "tactical folder". VG-10 Steel.

Spyderco Delica 4
MSRP $70. 3 Inch Blade. Half Serration. Black. Razor Sharp. FRN and SS handle. My EDC Knife, very trusty and rugged. VG-10 Steel.

MESA TACTICAL REVIEW

Join FirearmsTalk.com Today - It's Free!

Are you a firearms enthusiast? Then we hope you will join the community. You will gain access to post, create threads, private message, upload images, join groups and more.

Firearms Talk is owned and operated by fellow firearms enthusiasts. We strive to offer a non-commercial community to learn and share information.

Join FirearmsTalk.com Today! - Click Here

Old 05-18-2008, 02:35 AM   #2

...continued

Spyderco Byrd Cara Cara

MSRP $22. 4" Blade. Razor Sharp. The sypderco Byrd line is the "economy" Spdyerco version. Still a surprisingly good knife, but not as good as a Delica or Endura. About the same quality as a SOG folder, so, its still really good. Trademarked by "Eye" Thumbhole. My Jeep Knife.

MESA TACTICAL REVIEW

Old 05-18-2008, 07:47 AM   #3

I'm not sure I think they where originally a japanese knife, I have had several and they are superb, the last K9 unit I trained in tracking, on a basic course presented me with one. I kept it with my kit unfortunately the dog van was broken into this earlier year in a Paris back street while I was on a job, they stole an ASP, and my Spyderco..Both extremely difficult to replace here....

Old 05-18-2008, 11:08 AM   #4

Liked 3 Times on 3 Posts

Default Carry of Spyderco

Hello all

Ron L here = SERESURPLUS

I saw this post on Spyderco knives and thought I'd check in? I've owned a few of these Spyderco knives over the years, as well sold them with a fellow at Virginia Gun shows!

The first one I bought and stil own today is a "Police Model", this is the Stainles steel Body and Blade witha very sharp serrated blade and tip! Over the years, working ina maritime environment, I've owned a few others, the Harpy model, as well as a few different Fiber handle and Metal hanlde Endura's and Delica's on my Key chain's!

I have always found these knives to be first rate, held up well in harsh Enviroenments, and for the $, a good quality tool for work or as a weapon! I'd recommend these to all sorts of folks, both in and out of Law Enforcement, Why let the Cops, have all the fun and good stuff??? LOL

Old 05-18-2008, 01:26 PM   #5

Liked 2 Times on 2 Posts

we used to carry the Syperco brand in the store, they never did sell worth a dam, we clearenced all of them out and they still didn't sell till they reached 2 or 3 bucks each and I think I prolly still got some to get rid of.

Old 05-18-2008, 01:54 PM   #6

Quote:
Originally Posted by Righteous View Post
we used to carry the Syperco brand in the store, they never did sell worth a dam, we clearenced all of them out and they still didn't sell till they reached 2 or 3 bucks each and I think I prolly still got some to get rid of.
Thats exactly what the Spyderco factory rep said when I went down to Golden to visit em. People think that they are too ugly, so they never give em a chance, but as soon as someone picks one up and uses it, they usually fall in love with em. I was the same way until about 5 days ago when I bought a Spyderco Native on a whim for $50, now I cant stop

MESA TACTICAL REVIEW

Old 05-18-2008, 08:10 PM   #7

Quote:
Originally Posted by glockfire View Post
If you know anything about Syperco, then you know they started almost every folder trend today.

Spyderco is about as good as it gets in my book. Great knives, good prices, amazing steel, awesome looks, top-notch performance. (IMO) Better than Benchmade, CRKT, Cold Steel, and Emerson. You really cant beat a Spyderco (and its made in Golden, CO)

Spyderco Endura 4 Green (Full Seration, Round Thumbhole)
Spyderco Delica 4 Black (Partial Serration, Round Thumbhole)
Spyderco Byrd Cara Cara (Plain Blade, "EYE" Thumbhole)

Spyderco Endura 4

MSRP $90. 4 Inch Blade. Full Serration. ACU Green. FRN and SS handle. Feels amazing, razor sharp, great cuts, my "tactical folder". VG-10 Steel.

Spyderco Delica 4
MSRP $70. 3 Inch Blade. Half Serration. Black. Razor Sharp. FRN and SS handle. My EDC Knife, very trusty and rugged. VG-10 Steel.

I have plenty of spydercos and also plenty of benchmades but to say spyderco is as good as benchmade there is no comparison benchmade wins hands down !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

IN A WORLD OF COMPROMISE SOME DON'T H&K
GOD BLESS THE SECOND AMENDMENT :D :D
GOD BLESS THE NRA :D :D
NRA ENDOWMENT LIFE MEMBER
VOTE PRO GUN ONLY
SUPPORT THE SECOND AMENDMENT

Old 05-19-2008, 05:11 AM   #8

What's a bench made?...............

Old 05-19-2008, 11:27 AM   #9

Liked 7 Times on 7 Posts
Likes Given: 7

Benchmade. Spyderco. Wow, I guess I never knew. I carry a MTech.

Old 05-19-2008, 11:49 AM   #10

I don't want to appear dozy but 'what is a benchmade'? and if they are so good how come no one can tell me what they are...it's not a trick question I don't know!......