any trappers?
Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com > Gear & Accessories > Other Weapons > any trappers?

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 01-16-2013, 10:17 PM   #1
Feedback Score: 0 reviews

Liked 862 Times on 648 Posts
Likes Given: 1

Default any trappers?

If you trap what's your favorite trap, favorite set, favorite prey/bait.

Ill start this out w mine. I prefer a #4 long spring jumper baited w dead deer scraps and skinned opossums. Favorite thing to trap is a tie between yotes, foxes and bobcats. I also use a figure 4 dead fall and a snare set called a swinging dead man. I also like catching beavers but they aren't that common around me and I don't have the places to catch em.

Join FirearmsTalk.com Today - It's Free!

Are you a firearms enthusiast? Then we hope you will join the community. You will gain access to post, create threads, private message, upload images, join groups and more.

Firearms Talk is owned and operated by fellow firearms enthusiasts. We strive to offer a non-commercial community to learn and share information.

Join FirearmsTalk.com Today! - Click Here

Old 01-20-2013, 09:05 AM   #2

Liked 121 Times on 86 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Marlinman View Post
If you trap what's your favorite trap, favorite set, favorite prey/bait.

Ill start this out w mine. I prefer a #4 long spring jumper baited w dead deer scraps and skinned opossums. Favorite thing to trap is a tie between yotes, foxes and bobcats. I also use a figure 4 dead fall and a snare set called a swinging dead man. I also like catching beavers but they aren't that common around me and I don't have the places to catch em.
Victor or coin bear its a toss up, I use jack wabbit quartered up as bait. I use yucca plants as the back stop to my trap sets shallow burry of the trap. #4, #7 are my choice. I catch a good many fox an yotes this yr the bob cats are gettin thick again at over 250$ prime thats a good thing.

Old 01-20-2013, 10:29 AM   #3

Liked 121 Times on 86 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Muliemaster View Post

Victor or coin bear its a toss up, I use jack wabbit quartered up as bait. I use yucca plants as the back stop to my trap sets shallow burry of the trap. #4, #7 are my choice. I catch a good many fox an yotes this yr the bob cats are gettin thick again at over 250$ prime thats a good thing.
Conibear or?? Coin bear gonna have to look on one?? Anywho victor are my choice tho. The conibear are great on all the muskrats out here.

Old 01-20-2013, 11:00 AM   #4

Liked 862 Times on 648 Posts
Likes Given: 1

Quote:
Originally Posted by Muliemaster View Post

Conibear or?? Coin bear gonna have to look on one?? Anywho victor are my choice tho. The conibear are great on all the muskrats out here.
My older traps are conibear. Ie grandpa's traps. My traps I personally bought are victors.