Any CRKT fans out there? - Page 3
Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com > Gear & Accessories > Other Weapons > Any CRKT fans out there?

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 03-03-2009, 04:54 PM   #21
Feedback Score: 0 reviews

Default Any CRKT fans out there

I love the CRKT Knifes. My EDC`S are A CRKT Snap Lock,M16-10kz,Guppie,Also have the Triumph neck knife 2030cw And my Favorite one of all The Ultima

Old 03-03-2009, 06:17 PM   #22

Liked 9 Times on 9 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by matt g View Post
The M16s are bad for Taiwanese stuff. I've had a titanium handled M16 for years and it has held up well, but the blade is a little too hard to take an edge. It didn't come very sharp and I can seem to get it to sharpen at all. It also has a knurled part on the blade pivot that chews up the back of my hand any time I reach into my pocket for anything.

I have a Benchmade Griptilian tanto that I'm much happier with.
This was the knife I wanted to like, but couldn't. Not very sharp out of the box. The liner lock was solid, the secondary lock seemed like an unwanted pain in the a$$. Thumb studs recessed too far into the handle to be any use, the trigger on the back would only get you about a third of the way open. Alot of play between the blade and handle when it was opened.

As I said, I had high hopes for this, and it was sort of my test for the company to see if I wanted to invest in the Hissatsu, which I really liked the looks of.

I'll stick with my Spydercos.

Old 03-03-2009, 07:27 PM   #23

Liked 2 Times on 1 Posts
Likes Given: 11

Default CRKT fans...

Yup...

Old 03-05-2009, 09:09 AM   #24

Liked 3 Times on 2 Posts

I have a crkt tiny tighe breaker. I'm looking at getting the bigger version. Very nice knives!

Old 04-04-2009, 04:40 PM   #25

Liked 8 Times on 6 Posts

Just recently bought a M16-13Z for use at work. So far I like it. Easy to open one handed even with the heavy gloves I wear.
One question for you CRKT users--I notice the blade is half serrated with a single bevel fine edge. I usually use a lansky sharpener- What degree is the bevel and how do you all sharpen yours?

Old 05-15-2009, 07:41 AM   #26

Liked 5 Times on 4 Posts

for daily utility etc

though it's not strictly legal to carry knives in public here unless you have 'just cause'

"Oh yeah Officer, I use it to eat my orange with" lol

Old 06-09-2009, 07:06 AM   #27

Default Among the guilty

The Carson M series has a comfortable handle and balance for me. The M-21 finds itself with me always. I did regrind the blade some, as knives should have an edge down the @&#! center of the blade. The bellied spear point can handle light chopping, and has enough curve to skin animals if needed.

Other than the single-side final grind (which every other maker is also using) I find this knife to be a good compromise of survival, carry, and price.

Backup is the Gerber Ridge, great for opening boxes.

Old 06-24-2009, 07:50 PM   #28
Crazy Azz Redneck
FTF_SUPPORTER.png

Liked 1196 Times on 686 Posts
Likes Given: 575

I have a few CRKT knives in my collection,and have mixed views about them.

M16-10KZ-It's a nice size carry knife,but just feels cheap to me,and that safety lock BS that is on it is just a pain in the butt. Who comes up with this crap!

2020 Sting by A.G. Russell-I love the knife,but hate the cheap Velcro strapped/plastic sheath that it comes with. I'm going to get a nice leather sheath with a boot clip made for this knife.

7406 Fulcrum Flame- Now this is a cool knife. Nice size & weight,perfect for me. And the Fulcrum cam opening on this knife is just too neat. I like to give it to people just to see the look on their faces when they try and open it and think they broke the frame when it seperates with the cam.

7085 Crawford-The Natural- This is a BIG A** assisted opening folder and way too big for a carry knife,and probably not legal in most places. You need to have a good grip on this baby when you spring it open or you might be missing a few toes,this thing opens fast and with authority.

All in all CRKT has some decent knives but some things are over engineered or made stupid proof,when they should just be left alone (If It Ain't Broke-Don't Fix It).

Old 01-14-2011, 08:24 PM   #29
bkt

Liked 1305 Times on 664 Posts
Likes Given: 151

I know this is an old thread, but I gotta comment 'cuz I got a new toy. My wife bought me a CRKT Natural II a while back. I liked it so much, I ordered the original Natural online - the big one - a few days ago from AGRussell.

It arrived yesterday, and DAMN! - the thing's a monster! Hair-cutting sharp out of the box (I'll strop it to get it a little better), great spring on it, great feel in the hand. We'll see how it works out as an EDC. Two days, and so far so good.

I've got a bunch of knives from many different manufacturers, but for the money you really are hard-pressed to beat the heft, steel quality, craftsmanship and beauty of the CRKT Natural. Highly recommended!

Old 01-14-2011, 08:25 PM   #30
Retired
FTF_SUPPORTER.png

Liked 2878 Times on 1662 Posts
Likes Given: 1236

I use the Edgie everyday and carry the Pazoda.

Amendment II:
"A well regulated Militia, being necessary to the security of a free State, the right of the people to keep and bear Arms, shall not be infringed."

Life Member NRA
Life Member NAHC
Former President of the ECPT (Eifel Combat Pistol Team)