Air gunners! - Page 5
Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com > Gear & Accessories > Other Weapons > Air gunners!

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 03-07-2013, 07:54 PM   #41
Feedback Score: 0 reviews

Liked 85 Times on 70 Posts
Likes Given: 1

Here my custom crossman with short barrel. i reworks all the valve assy and the trigger group and use an airsoft suppressor. oh and no more pumping fitted ubder the hand guard is a nipple for low pressure nitrogen. Used a lpr for a dye paintball gun i had. Shoots about 800fps on .177

forumrunner_20130307_145434.jpg

you pew pew pew lately bro!?

Old 04-14-2013, 04:26 PM   #42
JAD

Liked 52 Times on 26 Posts
Likes Given: 9

I have been back yard plinkin as of late. I picked up a Crosman M4-177 this thing is fun to shoot I had it sighted in with 3 shots. This at 20 yards.

shoting-r.jpg   m4177.jpg   p1020003.jpg  

Old 05-09-2013, 07:34 PM   #43

Liked 62 Times on 33 Posts

All I have is a Gamo CFX

I always have problems finding ammo the damn thing likes though. It doesn't load like most single-shot pellet guns I've seen. Instead of it being something like a break barrel, you cock it, then rotate the breach open and insert the round. I'm assuming that's why it's kinda finicky with ammo. It seems like high quality ammo, crap like Beeman and RWS are like a half millimeter too long, and when you rotate the breech closed, it squashes the back of the round, which probably murders velocity and accuracy.

Here's an RWS in it.

With cheap stuff like Crosman, I have the opposite problem though. Normal rounds will fit fine, but their tolerances are so crappy that anywhere from 1 in 10 to 1 in 100 (depending on the tin I get) pellets will be way too small.

Normal Crosman

Crappy Crosman

Gotta buy a new scope too. Damn one I have on now loses zero anytime the gun takes a little jolt.

Gun itself shoots well though. If I didn't suck at shooting with ironsights, I'd wouldn't even bother with the scope.

Old 05-09-2013, 09:57 PM   #44
FTF_SUPPORTER.png

Liked 578 Times on 336 Posts
Likes Given: 179

I have a Crosman XT Storm and a Beeman R2, both from Walmart and both equipped with scopes that came with them. I've been shooting these for a couple of years and they are a lot of fun. I also have a Crosman 1377 and 1322, very nice shooters.

You don't have to remember the truth
NRA Member

Old 05-10-2013, 01:10 AM   #45

Liked 1143 Times on 592 Posts
Likes Given: 49

Old school crossman.

93fde98764ee82a78af83bd197abdc9c.jpg   101cra.jpg  

Old 05-10-2013, 10:19 PM   #46
JTJ
FTF_SUPPORTER.png

Liked 2399 Times on 1296 Posts
Likes Given: 690

Quote:
Originally Posted by HotFudge View Post
All I have is a Gamo CFX

I always have problems finding ammo the damn thing likes though. It doesn't load like most single-shot pellet guns I've seen. Instead of it being something like a break barrel, you cock it, then rotate the breach open and insert the round. I'm assuming that's why it's kinda finicky with ammo. It seems like high quality ammo, crap like Beeman and RWS are like a half millimeter too long, and when you rotate the breech closed, it squashes the back of the round, which probably murders velocity and accuracy.

Here's an RWS in it.

With cheap stuff like Crosman, I have the opposite problem though. Normal rounds will fit fine, but their tolerances are so crappy that anywhere from 1 in 10 to 1 in 100 (depending on the tin I get) pellets will be way too small.

Normal Crosman

Crappy Crosman

Gotta buy a new scope too. Damn one I have on now loses zero anytime the gun takes a little jolt.

Gun itself shoots well though. If I didn't suck at shooting with ironsights, I'd wouldn't even bother with the scope.
Use an Allen wrench/key to push the pellet in all the way. Place the short end in the hole in the back of the pellet and push. You can shorten it if necessary.

Patron Member NRA
"I would not be an old man if I had not been an armed young man." JTJ
I was taught to respect my elders but they are getting harder to find.

Old 05-11-2013, 05:32 AM   #47

Liked 4 Times on 3 Posts

I got a Gamo Hunter about 15 years ago when my hound got sprayed by a skunk in the backyard. After taking out 'Pepe LaPew' and enjoying the power & accuracy on some other varmints - I loaned it to a buddy who lived on the block and he used the heck out of it for 3 years.

I took it back when I moved to northern Wisconsin, and now I'm enjoying it all over again. Popped a $35 Red-Dot scope on it and have taken back control of my birdfeeders & suet cages from the squadron of squirrels who had been gorging like Rosie McDonald at 'The Country Buffet'.

With the price & scarcity of 'firearm ammo' - it's nice to be able to shoot for next to nothing.

By the way - what's the best .177 cal. Hunting pellet out there? I'd appreciate any suggestions - I'm using my old 'Gamo Magnum' pellets now.

Old 05-11-2013, 11:06 PM   #48
Welcoming Committee/ Resident Pellet Gunner
FTF_LIFETIMESUPPORTER.png

Liked 625 Times on 476 Posts
Likes Given: 1111

Quote:
Originally Posted by savorydave
I got a Gamo Hunter about 15 years ago when my hound got sprayed by a skunk in the backyard. After taking out 'Pepe LaPew' and enjoying the power & accuracy on some other varmints - I loaned it to a buddy who lived on the block and he used the heck out of it for 3 years.

I took it back when I moved to northern Wisconsin, and now I'm enjoying it all over again. Popped a $35 Red-Dot scope on it and have taken back control of my birdfeeders & suet cages from the squadron of squirrels who had been gorging like Rosie McDonald at 'The Country Buffet'.

With the price & scarcity of 'firearm ammo' - it's nice to be able to shoot for next to nothing.

By the way - what's the best .177 cal. Hunting pellet out there? I'd appreciate any suggestions - I'm using my old 'Gamo Magnum' pellets now.
I like the Crosman Destroyers, but there are probably much better ones out there.

[COLOR="Blue"]See my pellet guns here: http://www.firearmstalk.com/forums/groups/ftf%20pellet%20gunners/air%20gun%20picture%20thread-149/

RESIDENT AIR GUN GUY

Old 06-23-2013, 02:44 AM   #49

Liked 414 Times on 228 Posts

I just bought a gamo big cat .177 to eliminate some crows in town that have been killing all my baby birds. Got it for $150 and it shoots good I like it and its quiet cant wait to do a little trigger work to it next weekend.

image-2241059435.jpg

Old 06-23-2013, 02:46 AM   #50
Welcoming Committee/ Resident Pellet Gunner
FTF_LIFETIMESUPPORTER.png

Liked 625 Times on 476 Posts
Likes Given: 1111

Quote:
Originally Posted by griffin81
I just bought a gamo big cat .177 to eliminate some crows in town that have been killing all my baby birds. Got it for $150 and it shoots good I like it and its quiet cant wait to do a little trigger work to it next weekend.
What trigger work will you be doing?

[COLOR="Blue"]See my pellet guns here: http://www.firearmstalk.com/forums/groups/ftf%20pellet%20gunners/air%20gun%20picture%20thread-149/

RESIDENT AIR GUN GUY