adding a Finger guard to Kukri? = yes or no ?
You are Unregistered, please register to use all of the features of FirearmsTalk.com!    

Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com > Gear & Accessories > Other Weapons > adding a Finger guard to Kukri? = yes or no ?

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 06-04-2010, 03:37 PM   #1
Feedback Score: 0 reviews

Likes Given: 1

Default adding a Finger guard to Kukri? = yes or no ?

I bought a Cold Steel Kukri

Anyhoo - ... in case the other blade coming in rides up over my poor fingers = waddya reckon about adding a finger guard to it?

Suggestions?
Comments?

I do have a Pic - but don't know how to "upload it"

Field Blade Review - Cold Steel Kukri Machete

Join FirearmsTalk.com Today - It's Free!

Are you a firearms enthusiast? Then we hope you will join the community. You will gain access to post, create threads, private message, upload images, join groups and more.

Firearms Talk is owned and operated by fellow firearms enthusiasts. We strive to offer a non-commercial community to learn and share information.

Join FirearmsTalk.com Today! - Click Here

Old 06-05-2010, 08:44 AM   #2

Liked 86 Times on 58 Posts
Likes Given: 31

First question. How are you going to get the handle off to put it on?
Second question. Once you get the handle off how are you going to get it back on?

Old 06-07-2010, 04:53 AM   #3

Liked 3 Times on 3 Posts

Ok,you have a coupe of options as I see it. It would be possible to drill two holes about a half inch above the handle(blade side),cut, shape and drill the guard to match,(clamping and drilling together would be best), and then pin and peen, or bolt if you have to. Or you could get it welded. I am describing a guard that would be on one side of the blade only.

Or you can get a knife that is designed for the purpose you've intimated. These are made by Cold Steel, and are around a hundred bucks.
csstoreonline_2110_11038849.jpg  

"I pledge allegiance to the flag of the United States of America, and to the republic for which it stands, one nation under God, indivisible, with liberty and justice for all."

The two enemies of the people are criminals and government, so let us tie the second down with the chains of the Constitution so the second will not become the legalized version of the first. Thomas Jefferson

Old 06-26-2010, 04:56 PM   #4

Liked 15 Times on 9 Posts
Likes Given: 8

Am I understanding that you are actually INTENDING on finding yourself in a knife fight situation? You are of course aware that (at least here in the US) when two guys with knives actually fight each other, historically both of them get stabbed and sliced? [Similar stats from WW2 at places like Guadacanal, Tarawa, etc.]