Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com

Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com (http://www.firearmstalk.com/forums/)
-   Other Weapons (http://www.firearmstalk.com/forums/f32/)
-   -   2mm pinfires, any collectors/sellers? (http://www.firearmstalk.com/forums/f32/2mm-pinfires-any-collectors-sellers-92253/)

Gizord1 06-13-2013 05:26 PM

So, while they are extremely rare and collectible, not many gun enthusiasts talk about the smallest guns made: the 2mm pinfires.
While they are considered "cap guns", you can buy and make live rounds for them that can go 6 inches into ballistics gelatin. I love theses tiny guns, and hope to get one, soon. Anyone else on the forum collect these neat little guns or have any to sell?

mountainman13 06-13-2013 05:39 PM

I've looked into them and had intended to purchase one in the past. I missed out on a good deal and the prices have gone up.
At this point I'd purchase a regular gun for the price as opposed to the novelty.
They are cool.

Gizord1 06-13-2013 05:48 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by mountainman13
I've looked into them and had intended to purchase one in the past. I missed out on a good deal and the prices have gone up.
At this point I'd purchase a regular gun for the price as opposed to the novelty.
They are cool.

I passed on an entire xythos flare kit for $90.
Won't do that, again. Now I've found a berloque flare kit for $170. Prolly will get it. It's hella expensive for a "cap gun", but they will prolly double or triple in price, over the next few years.
Really wanna get one as a collection piece, and get a lesser quality one to make into a necklace.

FullautoUSA 06-14-2013 01:36 AM

I googled 2mm pin fire, and they seem pretty cool. I wonder if someone could make one, you could use plastic because it clearly doesn't have high pressure, the only problem is that it would be hard to get a barrel.

Gizord1 06-14-2013 03:04 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by FullautoUSA (Post 1275824)
I googled 2mm pin fire, and they seem pretty cool. I wonder if someone could make one, you could use plastic because it clearly doesn't have high pressure, the only problem is that it would be hard to get a barrel.

There are a couple big collectors of them that have made their own series.
But they're made as serious collection pieces, and costs like $500-$800.
They are cool little guns, though.
I love everything weird about guns.
From the failures to the odd cartridges, that's my niche.

mountainman13 06-14-2013 03:08 AM

I too love the oddities.
On my list of wants but likely won't gets are not only the 2mm but a volcanic pistol and a pepper box just for starters.

Gizord1 06-14-2013 03:48 AM

Quote:

I too love the oddities.
On my list of wants but likely won't gets are not only the 2mm but a volcanic pistol and a pepper box just for starters.

One of my biggest oddity wants is the gyrojet. Love it. Also want a mateba, even though those aren't too rare. Would really love a dadrick tround revolver. A medusa would be great, as well.

mountainman13 06-14-2013 03:49 AM

Wow. You weren't kidding. Definitely your niche. Lol.
My number one is a lemat.

Gizord1 06-14-2013 03:54 AM

Quote:

Wow. You weren't kidding. Definitely your niche. Lol.
My number one is a lemat.

Shoot, try gettin into the weird cartridges.
It will blow your mind with the stuff they can do with a cartridge.

FullautoUSA 06-14-2013 04:10 PM

My personal bucket list for odd guns is Wildey Magnum, M4 Survival rifle, Goncz GA-9, and TEC-9 Mini.