Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com > Gear & Accessories > Ammunition & Reloading > WWB JHP's compared to........

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 11-11-2009, 06:23 AM   #1
Feedback Score: 0 reviews

Liked 2 Times on 1 Posts

Default WWB JHP's compared to........

Does anyone know of the expansion reliability of WWB's JHP's?

How are they inferior (or not) to other self defense hollow points?

Has anyone tested these out?

I bought a box of 50 jhp's from wally world and was wondering. At $18 for 50 how do they compare to the high end self defense rounds?

Thanks!!

Join FirearmsTalk.com Today - It's Free!

Are you a firearms enthusiast? Then we hope you will join the community. You will gain access to post, create threads, private message, upload images, join groups and more.

Firearms Talk is owned and operated by fellow firearms enthusiasts. We strive to offer a non-commercial community to learn and share information.

Join FirearmsTalk.com Today! - Click Here

Old 11-11-2009, 03:11 PM   #2

Liked 26 Times on 21 Posts

I use Winchester White Box, sometimes as a practice load and mixed as my carry loads in .40 (180 grain FMJ/JHP), and my .45ACP (230 grain JHP).

It is an excellent performer from my perspective of shooting. Even better, it's readily available and inexpensive enough to rotate with my carry ammunition frequently.

I've carried the "premium" stuff, and while it's nice to have a fancy name on the box...the White Box gets the job done just as well and will "kill" just as proficiently.

Jack

ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ!

"There is no hunting like the hunting of man, and those who have hunted armed men long enough and liked it, never care for anything else thereafter." - Hemingway

“The greatest ignorance is to reject something you know nothing about.”

Old 11-11-2009, 03:37 PM   #3

Liked 25 Times on 15 Posts
Likes Given: 17

As a newbie I've been wondering......I understand that a hollow point is going to hurt a lot more and have more "stopping power" than a FMJ but if you empty a clip (12 to 17 rounds) of FMJ aren't you still going to have a dead BG?

Old 11-11-2009, 03:53 PM   #4

Liked 1403 Times on 805 Posts
Likes Given: 1290

Quote:
Originally Posted by DrJason View Post
As a newbie I've been wondering......I understand that a hollow point is going to hurt a lot more and have more "stopping power" than a FMJ but if you empty a clip???? (12 to 17 rounds) of FMJ aren't you still going to have a dead BG?
Not if they're all through-n-through.

Hurt is not the objective, wound channel* and falling blood pressure are the way to stop the threat!

When you are restricted to "ball-only" by convention you start to look for big-and-slow* or fast-and-tumbling*!

clip???? you really meant to say magazine, right?

http://i1060.photobucket.com/albums/...ps18cfbeae.jpg

Get her dirty, then clean her so she starts to respect you. When her trust is complete, she will serve you well for a lifetime!

"...if doves shot back, there wouldn't be a need for a bag limit."
- orangello

Old 11-11-2009, 03:57 PM   #5

Liked 25 Times on 15 Posts
Likes Given: 17

Quote:
Originally Posted by canebrake View Post
Not if they're all through-n-through.

Hurt is not the objective, wound channel* and falling blood pressure are the way to stop the threat!

When you are restricted to "ball-only" by convention you start to look for big-and-slow* or fast-and-tumbling*!

clip???? you really meant to say magazine, right?
Sorry....yes did mean magazine

<----- newbie idiot sometime