Wonderful wadcutters - Page 2
Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com > Gear & Accessories > Ammunition & Reloading > Wonderful wadcutters

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 03-07-2010, 10:46 PM   #11
Feedback Score: 0 reviews

Liked 10 Times on 8 Posts
Likes Given: 10

Quote:
Originally Posted by gadrooning View Post
Great read.

I got these ammo from a friend of mine. It was in a box from many years ago in his basement. The box read "Custom Cup Ammo." It had wadcutters in backwards. Never heard them refered to as cup ammo. My snubby loves em. We were consistently plinking cans @ 25 yards with a 2" snubby. I can't do this consistently with my hollowpoints out of the same gun.
gad, you have an unusual gun/shooting ability. HBWC's seated backwards are much more known for super inaccurate, and key holing past 7yds. on most all .38spls. If you can "Pop" 12oz. cans at 25yds. with a 2" snub, than keep using those loads...

NRA Life MEMBER 1976

Old 03-07-2010, 11:02 PM   #12
Feedback Score: 0 reviews

Unfortunitely I had the one box of the cup ammo. Shot most of them already. I still prefer the standard wadcutters, but the cup seemed to shoot just about as well as the wadcutters. I was using my s&w chief special with a thin blade sight. Love the gun. I can't shoot as nearly as well with my airweight. We shoot 25 yrds at benchrest for fun. This is no magical feat.

wisdom comes with time and time is never ending

Old 03-08-2010, 01:16 PM   #13
FTF_MODERATOR.png
Feedback Score: 1 reviews

Liked 2983 Times on 1554 Posts
Likes Given: 275

"Cup Points" are very accurate if the velocities are kept down. They get crazy when someone tries to push them to +P velocities.

In life, strive to take the high road....It offers a better field of fire.
"Robo is right" Fuzzball