Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com > Gear & Accessories > Ammunition & Reloading > wolf ammo

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 02-29-2008, 05:26 PM   #1
Feedback Score: 0 reviews

Default wolf ammo

anyone shooting wolf ammo, good,bad,in between, have a cuple of beretas and kimbers, with the price of ammo going up, was wondering has anyone shot this stuff and what do they think of it, thaks scott

Join FirearmsTalk.com Today - It's Free!

Are you a firearms enthusiast? Then we hope you will join the community. You will gain access to post, create threads, private message, upload images, join groups and more.

Firearms Talk is owned and operated by fellow firearms enthusiasts. We strive to offer a non-commercial community to learn and share information.

Join FirearmsTalk.com Today! - Click Here

Old 02-29-2008, 06:18 PM   #2

Steel Case, berdan primed russian ammo. Non-reloadable. Some say the steel case causes excess wear on internal parts, though I highly doubt that the mild steel would be able to wear the steel in a quality modern firearm. The steel jacketed bullets do accelerate wear in the bore of the weapon however. The biggest problem with Wolf is poor obturation from the steel case. Failure to seal the chamber leads to carbon build up which can ultimately result in stuck cases and malfunctions.
I don't shoot wolf very often, but when I do, I clean the crap out of my weapons. Usually, boxer primed, brass cased ammo can be found in the same price range if you look hard enough. Even if you don't currently reload, you probably will at some point, so start saving brass now. JMHO

"The millions of people, armed in the holy cause of liberty, and in such a country as that which we possess, are invincible by any force which our enemy can send against us“ ...... Patrick Henry March 23, 1775

Old 03-01-2008, 12:07 AM   #3

Default myself............

..I myself have had BAD luck with the ammo,hulls would get stuck
in my 223 savage and my T/C pistol,so i dont buy Wolf ammo..

..I UPHOLD THE RIGHT TO KEEP AND BARE-ARMS..

Old 03-01-2008, 01:34 AM   #4

Liked 2 Times on 2 Posts

I dont buy wolf but use Monarch instead, same dam thing but I have better luck with it and pretty accurate

Old 03-01-2008, 10:24 AM   #5

Liked 21 Times on 7 Posts

I've never used Wolf as I prefer CCI aluminum for cheap range ammo. I've just read way to many threads about it being extremely dirty and the possible wear factor of shooting steel cased ammo...

Old 03-01-2008, 08:38 PM   #6

Liked 1 Times on 1 Posts

Try reloading your own. It is extremely rewarding and a great way to pass some time.