Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com > Gear & Accessories > Ammunition & Reloading > Winchester White Box

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 11-25-2012, 04:49 PM   #11
Feedback Score: 0 reviews

Liked 40 Times on 26 Posts
Likes Given: 12

I would look into bvac. Its about as cheap as your going to find and very good quality ammo.Nothing wrong with the white box stuff though. I have shot a lot of it through my model 29 and never had a misfire and is no more dirty than any other ammo as far as I can tell.

Old 11-25-2012, 04:50 PM   #12

Liked 2175 Times on 1468 Posts
Likes Given: 1191

Quote:
Originally Posted by eborden1122 View Post
Your fine, I use it all the time. I have really never had one problem.
Quote:
The only ammo that sucks is Tulammo.
Dont buy that crap.
Never had a problem with it myself-

Texan By Birth & Choice
USMC/VIET NAM VET

Old 11-25-2012, 05:05 PM   #13
FTF_SUPPORTER.png

Liked 2532 Times on 1268 Posts
Likes Given: 239

Quote:
Originally Posted by WeeMan9194 View Post
I'm a little new to shooting. I was wondering how the winchester white box was. I'm using them for target practice in a .45 acp. I've heard mixed reviews on them; they were extremely dirty, issues, etc. Just want some reviews.
Is it the greatest? No. It is however, more than satisfactory for typical range use.

Quote:
I've also heard using them could void your warranty. Is this true?
No. Assuming your using the correct caliber for your particular gun.

Quote:
Are they really all that much dirtier shooting than other ammo?
Not really.
The whole "dirty ammo" thing is a pet peave of mine. Who cares, unless it's like black powder fouling? Clean your gun properly after each use and you need never worry about it.
You want dirty ammo? Come shoot some of my cast bullet reloads running Bullseye or Unique. I'd bet WWB or Fiocchi or whatever people currently see as "dirty ammo" will seem positively sparkling in comparison. And you know what? It's really not that big of a deal to clean up in spite of all the grunge.
NRA Life Member

"If you put the federal government in charge of the Sahara Desert, in 5 years there'd be a shortage of sand."
Milton Friedman

Old 11-27-2012, 09:14 PM   #14
FTF_SUPPORTER.png

Liked 5085 Times on 2892 Posts
Likes Given: 4247

Winchester's "generic" ammo. Excellent for practice. Remingtron makes "UMC" and Federal makes a generic as well. It's all good.

"Politics is the art of the possible" Otto von Bismarck.

Old 11-27-2012, 09:30 PM   #15
FTF_MODERATOR.png

Liked 5126 Times on 2669 Posts
Likes Given: 311

winchester whitebox is what i use in my lcp for self defense. its also a great source of reloadable 7.62x54r it comes as 180grain softpoint which is good for hunting.

ive used their 45acp fmj from time to time when ive had gift certificates or rewards credits from store purchases. it shoots cleaner than hornady stuff ive tried

"Gun control: The theory that a woman found dead in an alley, raped and strangled with her panty hose, is somehow morally superior to a woman explaining to police how her attacker got that fatal bullet wound." — L. Neil Smith

The problem with being stupid is you cannot simply decide to stop doing dumb things...

Old 11-27-2012, 09:33 PM   #16

Liked 2368 Times on 1478 Posts
Likes Given: 51

It's ok for target practice. I find it "dirtier" than tula. I like the brass though.

Oh dern....

Revelation 19:11

And I saw heaven opened, and behold a white horse; and he that sat upon him was called Faithful and True, and in righteousness he doth judge and make war.

Old 11-27-2012, 09:45 PM   #17
Supporting Member
FTF_SUPPORTER.png

Liked 20 Times on 18 Posts
Likes Given: 6

Quote:
Originally Posted by HOSSFLY View Post
Never had a problem with it myself-
Well you have been very lucky. I have never bought one box that did not have multiple FTF's per box from 380, 9mm and 45acp. Its extremely dirty and crap ammo, for me. I will stick to WWB or Federal for range use. It only costs a little bit more and keeps me from getting headaches. To each his own, right, thats why they have allot of different brands.

HOTTY TODDY!!!!