Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com > Gear & Accessories > Ammunition & Reloading > Will Work For Ammo.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 03-12-2013, 12:37 PM   #11
Feedback Score: 0 reviews

Liked 276 Times on 189 Posts
Likes Given: 32

Yeah, my grandfather bought my little cousin a .410, and called me asking, "do you have any .410 shells we can use?" I said "maybe a couple. Seriously, maybe TWO."

Old 03-12-2013, 01:00 PM   #12
FTF_SUPPORTER.png

Liked 534 Times on 326 Posts
Likes Given: 213

gunbot.net searches the online retailers and shows you who has what ammo in stock

Practice doesn't make perfect, it make permanent.

When I hear a Liberal say "I can speak for gun owners because I own a shotgun" I just want to scream "Well I can speak for vegetarians because I like lettuce on my cheeseburger!"

imdaveg Likes This 
Old 03-12-2013, 01:02 PM   #13

Liked 10 Times on 7 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gizord1 View Post
Yeah, my grandfather bought my little cousin a .410, and called me asking, "do you have any .410 shells we can use?" I said "maybe a couple. Seriously, maybe TWO."
410 seriously is scarce in commifornia? That stuff is plasterd all over our shelves in minnesota
Old 03-12-2013, 01:09 PM   #14
FTF_SUPPORTER.png

Liked 1384 Times on 939 Posts
Likes Given: 479

Explain your situation to the sporting goods manager at your local Walmart. The manager won't do you any favors but he/she will tell you when to be there. Most of the time the ammo that is put on the shelf is gone with in an hour. Check with other big box stores in your area for the same opportunity.

www.ammoseek.com will help you find ammo online. Order as soon as you see ammo in stock at a fair price. It doesn't last long.

Nothing in the affairs of men is worthy of great anxiety - Plato

imdaveg Likes This 
Old 03-12-2013, 01:23 PM   #15

Quote:
Originally Posted by John_Deer View Post
Explain your situation to the sporting goods manager at your local Walmart. The manager won't do you any favors but he/she will tell you when to be there. Most of the time the ammo that is put on the shelf is gone with in an hour. Check with other big box stores in your area for the same opportunity.

www.ammoseek.com will help you find ammo online. Order as soon as you see ammo in stock at a fair price. It doesn't last long.
Thats what i did my walmart gets ammo everyday except tuesday i plan on being their at 9 am sunday and waiting till they bring it out hoping to score. 300 rds of 9 mm
Old 03-12-2013, 08:29 PM   #16

Liked 276 Times on 189 Posts
Likes Given: 32

Quote:
Originally Posted by mymaro

410 seriously is scarce in commifornia? That stuff is plasterd all over our shelves in minnesota
Commiefornia? Heck no, I'm in Mississippi.
I don't plan on gracing commiefornia with my presence anytime soon.
Old 03-12-2013, 09:48 PM   #17

Liked 121 Times on 88 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by mymaro View Post
Thats what i did my walmart gets ammo everyday except tuesday i plan on being their at 9 am sunday and waiting till they bring it out hoping to score. 300 rds of 9 mm
I stop in 2 or 3 times a week while I'm passing by in the morning hours. they put it out at 7 am. the sporting goods counter worker said that they don't get ammo every day, but when they do, it comes in on the truck at night, and gets put out at 7 am, and then they limit customers to 3 boxes per day.

I've got enough for myself for now, but I still stop by to check for my buddies.
Old 03-13-2013, 02:11 AM   #18

Likes Given: 57

Ha! I like the Commiefornia! You'd think being here in CA I'd have the best shot of getting my hands on some. I'm in orange county though, a little more "red" than the rest of the state. Trouble is, all the rich dudes that are getting worried about protecting their stuff here have all jumped on the bandwagon too. Buying it up in loads. Single income, family of four guy like me just wants to buy a box or two each paycheck...

Good points on the hiring and then laying off... I don't want that.

I think the Gov. is now going "oh $hit... we just accidentally made everyone buy MORE guns and MORE ammo. We better stock up too." Which.... makes me very, very unsettled. Not that I'm a conspiracy guy, but I'm just sayin'.