Will Work For Ammo.
Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com > Gear & Accessories > Ammunition & Reloading > Will Work For Ammo.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 03-12-2013, 03:16 AM   #1
Feedback Score: 0 reviews

Liked 10 Times on 7 Posts
Likes Given: 57

Default Will Work For Ammo.

Uuuuuuuunnngh! What gives man??

I'm a new gun owner who just recently fell in love with shooting. I cannot find ammo anywhere. Shop owners don't even answer the question of when they expect the next shipment anymore.

If the zombie apocalypse hits, there better not be more than 25 of them or I'm screwed.

Seriously tempted to go to my range, pay the shooting fee, buy a few hundred rounds and just sneak them out.

I don't get it, and maybe I'm clueless, but if I'm an ammo supplier, I'd be cranking these babies out 24/7. Seems to me that the ammo guys could be making an even bigger fortune by figuring out a way to keep up with demand. Is it regulated or something??

I need a hook up out here in Orange County, CA.

.... we're almost out of BB's too....

Sincerely,
NoMoAmmo

Join FirearmsTalk.com Today - It's Free!

Are you a firearms enthusiast? Then we hope you will join the community. You will gain access to post, create threads, private message, upload images, join groups and more.

Firearms Talk is owned and operated by fellow firearms enthusiasts. We strive to offer a non-commercial community to learn and share information.

Join FirearmsTalk.com Today! - Click Here

Old 03-12-2013, 03:23 AM   #2
FTF_MODERATOR.png

Liked 8828 Times on 3821 Posts
Likes Given: 1365

Every ammo and gun maker is working overtime right now. Panic buying, demand has gone thu the roof. Where have you been? We have been discussing this for weeks, and there are two other threads open on this right now.

What we have here is... failure- to communicate.

imdaveg Likes This 
Old 03-12-2013, 03:32 AM   #3

Liked 390 Times on 253 Posts
Likes Given: 1400

I am confident the ammo shortage will go away by the end of this year.
if a civil war starts before then, I will hand out cases of Ammo to patriots in need (I built a stash pre-crisis)

I am sure I am not the only one who preps to equip more than just himself for whent he baloon goes up.

If you check on slickguns.com every day within a week you will find ammo thats in stock somewhere.

It may be expensive.. but you could still scratch that itch so u have at least something

Primary Rifle:
LWRC M6A2 w/ Eotech512

Primary Handgun:
Ruger GP100 Royal Phoenix
imdaveg Likes This 
Old 03-12-2013, 03:32 AM   #4

Liked 575 Times on 307 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by imdaveg
Uuuuuuuunnngh! What gives man??

I'm a new gun owner who just recently fell in love with shooting. I cannot find ammo anywhere. Shop owners don't even answer the question of when they expect the next shipment anymore.

If the zombie apocalypse hits, there better not be more than 25 of them or I'm screwed.

Seriously tempted to go to my range, pay the shooting fee, buy a few hundred rounds and just sneak them out.

I don't get it, and maybe I'm clueless, but if I'm an ammo supplier, I'd be cranking these babies out 24/7. Seems to me that the ammo guys could be making an even bigger fortune by figuring out a way to keep up with demand. Is it regulated or something??

I need a hook up out here in Orange County, CA.

.... we're almost out of BB's too....

Sincerely,
NoMoAmmo
What caliber are you looking for? Turners in Orange gets their shipments in on Thursdays. They open at 10am, but get there around 9:30 and get in line. I did it a couple of weeks ago and picked up everything was looking for.
Old 03-12-2013, 04:03 AM   #5

Liked 10 Times on 7 Posts
Likes Given: 57

Thanks c3shooter. Like I said, I'm a new owner. Just picked my first one up last month. Also, I'm aware of the situation and that there are other boards. I thought I'd write my own for two reasons. First, I think I'm funny. Second, I don't want to spend a ton of time scrolling to find info. I'd rather just go back to my post.

Thanks for the tip Sarge. Looking for 38 or 357. My poor GP100 only has 150 rounds through it. I'm in Costa Mesa and have a Turners down the street. I hit it often, but didn't know the shipment dates. I'll go check it out! But they barely have any loading supplies even. Maybe the Orange store will be a better option.

I guess I just think that if I'm a business and there's money to be made, I'd cash in on the highest demand I may ever see in my lifetime, whatever it took. Looks like this has been going on since mid 2012.

And if the 2nd Civil War hits, I'll be looking for some fellow Patriots with ammo, not yoga mats, so thank you Bluez.

Old 03-12-2013, 04:11 AM   #6

Liked 121 Times on 88 Posts

Few weeks ago I traveled down I-40 and I-30 to Texas. Passed a Remington ammunition plant on a Sunday afternoon. From the looks of the parking lot... Trust me, they're cranking it out as fast as they can. We just keep buying it all!!

Old 03-12-2013, 04:57 AM   #7

Liked 9203 Times on 5058 Posts
Likes Given: 74

I find your thread title interesting. A while back I put an ad on CL and Facebook that I would work for ammo...
Had only one taker. To drive 2 hours away and rake leaves for one box. Had to pass, wasn't worth it then before the panic.

Old 03-12-2013, 05:01 AM   #8
FTF_MODERATOR.png
Feedback Score: 1 reviews

Liked 2729 Times on 1429 Posts
Likes Given: 230

You think the ammo makers are not cranking the ammo out as fast as possible? Just like the last couple of panic situations, they are going full speed. The problem is two fold for them. The suppy side is limited. They can only take delivery of so much raw materials. Copper for jackets, brass for cases, lead for bullet cores, powder and primers. Loading docks can only handle so much at once. Then, they have a limited skilled labor pool. These people can only work so many hours a week w/o suffering from fatigue. It takes time to train up more folks. Barring a full blown war, moving to a 24/7 operation is prohibitive.

In life, strive to take the high road....It offers a better field of fire.
"Robo is right" Fuzzball

imdaveg Likes This 
Old 03-12-2013, 12:03 PM   #9

Liked 9203 Times on 5058 Posts
Likes Given: 74

Quote:
Originally Posted by robocop10mm View Post
.....Then, they have a limited skilled labor pool. These people can only work so many hours a week w/o suffering from fatigue. It takes time to train up more folks. Barring a full blown war, moving to a 24/7 operation is prohibitive.
Which also means that if they moved to 24/7 right now, while the prices are already starting to ease down a bit, and availability is starting to catch up just a little...

In a couple of months, they'll just have to lay off a bunch of folks.

Nah... better to work with what they've got right now.
Old 03-12-2013, 12:15 PM   #10

Liked 1127 Times on 732 Posts
Likes Given: 2015

Quote:
Originally Posted by 70cuda383 View Post
Few weeks ago I traveled down I-40 and I-30 to Texas. Passed a Remington ammunition plant on a Sunday afternoon. From the looks of the parking lot... Trust me, they're cranking it out as fast as they can. We just keep buying it all!!
Unfortunately the Government has their hands in the cookie jar also , ordering BILLIONS of rounds and for what ? They are filling the Governments need first , Law Enforcement and then the consumers needs last . Sure does make it tough for the average guy to just get ammo to shoot and practice with and its not making it any better with all UN equipment that seems to be moving around the US, more people are finally catching on

And Dictators Prefer Unarmed Citizens

Last edited by purehavoc; 03-13-2013 at 02:23 PM.
imdaveg Likes This