Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com > Gear & Accessories > Ammunition & Reloading > why reload?

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 09-07-2010, 03:29 PM   #11
Feedback Score: 0 reviews

Liked 1 Times on 1 Posts

Because factory loaded varmint ammo is rediulously high priced and I can make more accuate stuff than what I can be overcharged for on factory stuff.

Old 09-07-2010, 05:15 PM   #12
FTF_SUPPORTER.png

Liked 22 Times on 17 Posts
Likes Given: 2

Pretty much mirror what everyone else has said.. I can produce accurate ammunition for everything that I shoot for far less than it costs to buy commercial.

NRA Life Member

" Guns have only two enemies: RUST & POLITICIANS"

"Free men do not ask permission to bear arms"

The U.S. Constitution: The 2nd Amendment is in place in case the Poloticians ignore the others"

Old 10-28-2010, 03:43 AM   #13

Likes Given: 4

I reload because I enjoy spending the time doing it. Like you stated, it's a better way to spend time than watching TV.

I am able to produce more accurate ammo due to tailoring the rounds to my gun and choosing bullets it likes and because of the consistency of the product I produce. Every cartridge is the same and that alone gives a huge advantage to the shooter.

I've never loaded for shotguns but it seems it would be a good way to start. Read everything thing you can lay your hands on and buy some reloading manuals, they are invaluable.

Best of luck to you, jw