Why I Prefer the 10MM - Page 3
You are Unregistered, please register to use all of the features of FirearmsTalk.com!    
Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com > Gear & Accessories > Ammunition & Reloading >

Why I Prefer the 10MM

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 08-08-2013, 03:11 PM   #21
Feedback Score: 0 reviews

Liked 3299 Times on 1659 Posts
Likes Given: 449

Quote:
Originally Posted by Crazycastor View Post
Wait till your in a fire fight, then you will think twice about having 9 or ten rounds. More the better if your trying to protect yourself or your loved ones.
If I'm in an honest to goodness firefight, I want my AR or a maybe a shotgun, to hell with the compact carry pistol.
As it stands, I live in a reasonably safe place where shootouts in the street are the exception rather than the rule. Everything is a compromise, including capacity.
The odds are against me having to draw down on someone. Assuming I beat those odds, then the chance that I'm going to need to actually fire the weapon are fairly small as well. Then assuming I'm forced into firing the weapon, the odds of needing much more than the average 2 to 3 rounds per SD shooting are fairly small. My carry setup is 7+1 with a reload.
I tend to view my concealed carry gun as more of a starter's pistol for my evacuation from the immediate area of a confrontation. It's not my job to clean up the streets in that one single confrontation, I just need to escape alive.

Quote:
Originally Posted by trip286 View Post
That's right! I know I get into extended firefights every other day on the mean streets of West Monroe Louisiana. This place is like ****ing Fallujah, or *shudder* Detroit!

Read that in green.
Roy, UT is a real hotbed of evil as well.
If I lived in some liberal run metropolitan cesspool I might rethink my choices.
NRA Life Member

The hardest thing to explain is the glaringly evident which everybody had decided not to see. - Ayn Rand

Old 08-08-2013, 11:49 PM   #22

Liked 99 Times on 65 Posts

Good ol' West Monroe! Home of the Rebels. What part of West Monroe. I was 6 miles past the paper mill on 34.

Old 08-08-2013, 11:55 PM   #23

Liked 9217 Times on 5060 Posts
Likes Given: 74

Claiborne really. Mailing address still says West Monroe.

Old 08-09-2013, 12:00 AM   #24

Ok, if your in a fire fight you don't get to choose your gun before the fight. You use what you have on you. I bought two Glocks. One is a 27 holds 9 rounds and the other is a Glock 22 which holds 15 rounds. Both are .40 cal. So I know about the 8 or 9 plus one lol. Both have their place. Mean streets I carry the bigger one. Problem out here in California is my pistol can carry more then my Ar 15 which can only hold 10 in the magazine and then has that dreaded bullet butten. So I'll take my Glock 22 over my Ar 15. But only in California. West Monroe give me the Ar 15!

Old 08-09-2013, 12:02 AM   #25

I miss that place. Beuitiful country. Hunters Paradise.

Old 08-09-2013, 12:10 AM   #26

Oh and on the 10 mm. Beuitiful guns. I like the glock myself but it has some kick to it making it hard to get back on target. Might not be so bad on a heavier all metal gun. But if you conceal carry thats alot of weight to be carring around. It will go further then the .40. But I wouldn't shoot a 40 in a 10 or a 10 in a 40. Thats alot of power to be messing around with.

Old 08-09-2013, 12:12 AM   #27

Liked 9217 Times on 5060 Posts
Likes Given: 74

1911 always. Dallas, Memphis, Birmingham, Chattanooga, Nashville, Jackson Miss, It don't matter to me. I do also kinda give off the air of "not to be ****ed with."

Old 08-13-2013, 04:04 AM   #28

Liked 275 Times on 197 Posts
Likes Given: 55

If I'm in an honest to goodness firefight, I've moved to the wrong place, went to the wrong place and have graduated to a level of stupidity which is only equaled by the current government administration. I carry for self defense...I do not look for trouble. If trouble should appear I will do my best to make my self invisible....while running. I am not afraid to defend myself when the SHTF...but I'm not about to be the one turning on that fan. I truly feel bad for any of you who feel thereatened on a daily basis where you actually have to plan for catastrophic events. But my reality is simple, I am armed for protection in my home, my car and in places which I go, for me and my family. And I live by a simple ideology..."prepare for the worst and hope for the best".

Old 08-13-2013, 04:21 AM   #29

I don't feel threatened at all, just prepared. I've learned from catastrophies such as riots, weather, earthquakes and electricity that one needs to be some what prepaired. Everyone should have a bug out kit ready in case you have to leave in a hurry. Also you should be prepaired to have to stay at home for a while without water, electricity, vehicle and food.