Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com > Gear & Accessories > Ammunition & Reloading > Where has it all gone????

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 09-19-2012, 06:10 PM   #1
Feedback Score: 0 reviews

Liked 17 Times on 14 Posts
Likes Given: 52

Default Where has it all gone????

I have been looking for some surplus 7.62x51 NATO ammo and have noticed that all surplus ammo had dissappeared. Less then 6-8 months ago you could find it everywhere.

What had happend to it all??? Anyone??

You can find AR or AK surplus ammo all over yet not one site has battle packs of 7.62 anymore. I have about 3k rds but would like to have some more so I can take out my Cetme, FAL, M1A1, etc and have a good day at the range.

Does anyone know where to look for any?

Join FirearmsTalk.com Today - It's Free!

Are you a firearms enthusiast? Then we hope you will join the community. You will gain access to post, create threads, private message, upload images, join groups and more.

Firearms Talk is owned and operated by fellow firearms enthusiasts. We strive to offer a non-commercial community to learn and share information.

Join FirearmsTalk.com Today! - Click Here

Old 09-19-2012, 06:18 PM   #2

Liked 360 Times on 224 Posts
Likes Given: 167

Might want to check the Social Security Administration, DHS, National Weather Service, and a few others.

"Regardless of whether justified of not, you will feel sad about killing another human being. It is better to be sad than to be room temperature." - Joe B Fricks.

Member:
01 FFL, GOFFA, NRA, GOA, IAVA, VFW, ABATE of Iowa D15.

USEBOTHHANDS Likes This 
Old 09-19-2012, 08:33 PM   #3

Liked 4 Times on 3 Posts

Some believe that many outlets who sell ammo are cutting back on stores of bullets to 1.keep control of background overhead and 2 drive up costs and sales...the law of supply and demand. Here in my neck of the woods there is no shortage of long gun ammo,but a lot of holes on the shelf at the other end. Make one stop and scratch their head and say "huh"! Dun'nit.
Satajet.

Old 09-19-2012, 08:36 PM   #4

Liked 2368 Times on 1478 Posts
Likes Given: 51

I saw a whole spam can the other day, maybe a few of them. Just can't remember the store.

Oh dern....

Revelation 19:11

And I saw heaven opened, and behold a white horse; and he that sat upon him was called Faithful and True, and in righteousness he doth judge and make war.

Old 09-19-2012, 08:46 PM   #5

Liked 4 Times on 3 Posts

There you have it! So long as spam can still be had then were good. there is so much nutritional value in that mainstay that mre's are redundant. The fact that the markup on spam is in line with gold means nothing... The only variety thats hard to find is bacon impregnated ... Ps. Reguardless of popular opinion...dont forget to rotate!

Old 09-19-2012, 09:37 PM   #6
FTF_MODERATOR.png
Feedback Score: 1 reviews

Liked 2552 Times on 1339 Posts
Likes Given: 192

Just a few years ago Portugese, South African, DAG (West German, Berdan) and Radway Green (British) were plentiful and very cheap. The European supplies seem to have dried up. I don't know if we finally cleaned them out or if they have just slowed down on export. The South African stuff (primo) has all but disappeared as the UN has embargoed their exports as they were allegedly selling to unstable African areas. I guess the UN now considers exporting to the US just as immoral as to the African countries. Africa is in a perpetual state of flux with the old governments soon to be replaced by the new governments, and on and on. Perhaps the UN has similar expectations for us?

In life, strive to take the high road....It offers a better field of fire.
"Robo is right" Fuzzball

Old 09-19-2012, 09:42 PM   #7

Liked 4 Times on 3 Posts

Thats a thought...OR...POTUS is gonna have a special plate dinner for those who love butter, guns...Thats it spammers...

Old 09-19-2012, 10:44 PM   #8

Liked 17 Times on 14 Posts
Likes Given: 52

Has anyone tried the Wolf .308 ammo??

I have some South Africian and some of the German battle packs. Just looking for some more.

As for the UN, WHO knows what is going through there minds. Especially when looking at the US. There alot of people out there that would love to see a unarmed US, especially with all the marksmen when have.

I even read on an other forum that the US Government "DHS" is purchasing up all the 7.62 NATO surplus ammo to keep out of our hands. How true that is I do not know. You all know how the internet can be.

Old 09-19-2012, 11:14 PM   #9

Liked 190 Times on 129 Posts
Likes Given: 89

Obama...

Or, rather, fear of an Obama second term.

2 Chron. 7:14 Christians must seek His face

Old 09-20-2012, 01:22 PM   #10

Liked 4 Times on 3 Posts

Phelenwolf, there "could be" some truth to the story as the report was printed up in a fairly reliable mag called "The Week" which gathers up stories from news outlets from around the globe...still the implications are curious. makes one wonder what the government isnt disclosing... Satajet.