Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com

Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com (http://www.firearmstalk.com/forums/)
-   Ammunition & Reloading (http://www.firearmstalk.com/forums/f30/)
-   -   Where has it all gone???? (http://www.firearmstalk.com/forums/f30/where-has-all-gone-72786/)

Phelenwolf 09-19-2012 07:10 PM

Where has it all gone????

I have been looking for some surplus 7.62x51 NATO ammo and have noticed that all surplus ammo had dissappeared. Less then 6-8 months ago you could find it everywhere.

What had happend to it all??? Anyone??

You can find AR or AK surplus ammo all over yet not one site has battle packs of 7.62 anymore. I have about 3k rds but would like to have some more so I can take out my Cetme, FAL, M1A1, etc and have a good day at the range.

Does anyone know where to look for any?

silverado113 09-19-2012 07:18 PM

Might want to check the Social Security Administration, DHS, National Weather Service, and a few others.:(

satajet 09-19-2012 09:33 PM

Some believe that many outlets who sell ammo are cutting back on stores of bullets to 1.keep control of background overhead and 2 drive up costs and sales...the law of supply and demand. Here in my neck of the woods there is no shortage of long gun ammo,but a lot of holes on the shelf at the other end. Make one stop and scratch their head and say "huh"! Dun'nit.
Satajet.

kytowboater 09-19-2012 09:36 PM

I saw a whole spam can the other day, maybe a few of them. Just can't remember the store.

satajet 09-19-2012 09:46 PM

There you have it! So long as spam can still be had then were good. there is so much nutritional value in that mainstay that mre's are redundant. The fact that the markup on spam is in line with gold means nothing... The only variety thats hard to find is bacon impregnated ... Ps. Reguardless of popular opinion...dont forget to rotate!

robocop10mm 09-19-2012 10:37 PM

Just a few years ago Portugese, South African, DAG (West German, Berdan) and Radway Green (British) were plentiful and very cheap. The European supplies seem to have dried up. I don't know if we finally cleaned them out or if they have just slowed down on export. The South African stuff (primo) has all but disappeared as the UN has embargoed their exports as they were allegedly selling to unstable African areas. I guess the UN now considers exporting to the US just as immoral as to the African countries. Africa is in a perpetual state of flux with the old governments soon to be replaced by the new governments, and on and on. Perhaps the UN has similar expectations for us?

satajet 09-19-2012 10:42 PM

Thats a thought...OR...POTUS is gonna have a special plate dinner for those who love butter, guns...Thats it spammers...

Phelenwolf 09-19-2012 11:44 PM

Has anyone tried the Wolf .308 ammo??

I have some South Africian and some of the German battle packs. Just looking for some more.

As for the UN, WHO knows what is going through there minds. Especially when looking at the US. There alot of people out there that would love to see a unarmed US, especially with all the marksmen when have.

I even read on an other forum that the US Government "DHS" is purchasing up all the 7.62 NATO surplus ammo to keep out of our hands. How true that is I do not know. You all know how the internet can be.

CHLChris 09-20-2012 12:14 AM

Obama...

Or, rather, fear of an Obama second term.

satajet 09-20-2012 02:22 PM

Phelenwolf, there "could be" some truth to the story as the report was printed up in a fairly reliable mag called "The Week" which gathers up stories from news outlets from around the globe...still the implications are curious. makes one wonder what the government isnt disclosing... Satajet.