Whats the objective of your load ? - Page 3
Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com > Gear & Accessories > Ammunition & Reloading > Whats the objective of your load ?

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 02-26-2013, 11:52 PM   #21
Feedback Score: 0 reviews

Liked 20 Times on 19 Posts
Likes Given: 1

i only reload for handguns, as long as the gun cycles fine its all about cheap shooting. i need to be a much better shooter before i worry about the load holding me back.

Old 02-27-2013, 02:29 AM   #22

Liked 4 Times on 3 Posts

I take it to extremes thats my nature always trying to improve items reloads ,guns .I'm my early years it was Hot Rodding cars . I enjoy Benchrest quality guns everything I shoot is custom .I met a Virginia based Benchrest gunsmith a few years ago and have steady sold bought shot and learned . What i have noticed is the same with Hot Rodding the small things make a difference , I spin my bullets on a machine to check the jackets ,I repoint my bullets ,I shoot tight neck chambers yes it goes on and on . Reloading is not fun for me its a job.

jimmywallace2.jpg  

Experientia Docet

Old 02-27-2013, 03:20 AM   #23
Crazy Azz Redneck
FTF_SUPPORTER.png

Liked 1256 Times on 713 Posts
Likes Given: 599

Groundhoghunter,That's one hell of a gun rest you have there. Very nice piece of equipment,sir.

It's true,Benchrest guy's are a different breed. Most are so anal about the way they reload,they have mini heart attacks when they talk to guy's that don't do half the stuff they swear by,and shoot almost as good with a hand-tuned production rifle.

Old 02-27-2013, 03:25 AM   #24
FTF_SUPPORTER.png

Liked 357 Times on 229 Posts
Likes Given: 2

Being I like to hunt coyotes and other pests, I've been leaning more for accuracy. Seems a little silly to have a bullet leaving the Muzzle of your firearm at mock chicken if you can't hit the broad side of a barn with it.

Old 02-27-2013, 04:14 AM   #25

Liked 4 Times on 3 Posts

Mostly handguns for me. I find it a fun challenge to seek out those accurate loads. Velocity is second. I load for plinking and self defense. I enjoy all aspects of reloading and shooting. Even the hunt for primers and bullets is fun, unless I run out...

Old 02-27-2013, 04:37 AM   #26

Liked 268 Times on 196 Posts
Likes Given: 54

I only reload pistol ammo, for target shooting. Saves a few bucks, allows me to tune the load to cycle the action without breaking my hand. Mostly it's fun to reload. The chronograph makes it a bit more fun, tuning in the loads and when changing powder or exploring a new caliber.

Old 02-27-2013, 05:05 AM   #27

Liked 257 Times on 150 Posts
Likes Given: 185

Seriously?!?! Someone asked what the objective of your load is and we didn't even get one baby making joke. What is wrong with you people? On a more serious note I used to reload for the money savings. I just followed the hornady books to a T and it usually did right by me. As long as I could bust clay pigeons at 500 yards I was happy. I think they are what, 4 or 5 inches around? I used sand bags and had descent groupings, but I definitely ain't gonna be winning a Wimbledon match any time soon.

Old 02-27-2013, 06:32 AM   #28
Concealed Carry Instructor
FTF_SUPPORTER.png

Liked 1108 Times on 710 Posts
Likes Given: 242

Quote:
Originally Posted by willfully armed View Post
This post is so full of fail. The worst part is I really think you do this and have no idea why its ridiculous
Tongue and cheek. If I said I put razor blades in the ammo, would you believe that?

There are always internet trolls with big attitudes ready to put other people down.

There is a fail here all right, and the shoes fit you. You're Screwed Ammo. lol

Hydra-Shock already has a center core. That was one clue you missed it was a joke.

If you want to help, help. But to fly overhead like a buzzard over a dry waterhole, must give you so much pleasure.

I do like Hydra-Shock ammo. Pretty good defensive round. Not as good as You're Screwed Ammo, but a close second!

Last edited by AR10; 02-27-2013 at 06:45 AM.

Old 02-27-2013, 07:00 AM   #29
Lifetime Supporting Member
FTF_LIFETIMESUPPORTER.png
Feedback Score: 1 reviews

Liked 8843 Times on 5118 Posts
Likes Given: 11547

Quote:
Originally Posted by AR10 View Post
Tongue and cheek. If I said I put razor blades in the ammo, would you believe that?

There are always internet trolls with big attitudes ready to put other people down.

There is a fail here all right, and the shoes fit you. You're Screwed Ammo. lol

Hydra-Shock already has a center core. That was one clue you missed it was a joke.

If you want to help, help. But to fly overhead like a buzzard over a dry waterhole, must give you so much pleasure.

I do like Hydra-Shock ammo. Pretty good defensive round. Not as good as You're Screwed Ammo, but a close second!
I'm with Will on this. I read your earlier post and just shook my head though. I used to work with a guy who kept talking about making his own bullets that were hollow-points that he filled with mercury and swaged them to seal the mercury inside. He claimed that it made the "ultimate fragmentation bullet".

I pointed out (after hearing this BS for some time) that the mercury would probably be vaporized as soon as the gun was fired due to its low boiling point and the high pressures and temperatures encountered in the barrel, thereby converting the mercury into a gas and rendering it nearly useless as a projectile even when encased in lead. But it would be a good way to poison oneself and the game.

This was the same guy who when I asked him what the difference between a rifle and a carbine was he answered with "A carbine uses corrosive (or was it non-corrosive?) primers and a rifle does not.
I just said "Hmmm." and walked away.

Shoot me an email at vikingdad995@gmail.com

Quote:
"Among the many misdeeds of British rule in India, history will look upon the Act depriving a whole nation of arms as the blackest."
- Mohandas Gandhi, an Autobiography, page 446.
axxe55 Likes This 
Old 02-27-2013, 09:01 AM   #30
Concealed Carry Instructor
FTF_SUPPORTER.png

Liked 1108 Times on 710 Posts
Likes Given: 242

Mercury gets real ticked off when caught between a bullet and a hard place. I have never done it, but I guess you will be picking 55 gallon barrel parts up all over the place. Friend that owns another gun shop told me about that year's ago.