Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com

Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com (http://www.firearmstalk.com/forums/)
-   Ammunition & Reloading (http://www.firearmstalk.com/forums/f30/)
-   -   Whats the best powder for a .357 snubby? (http://www.firearmstalk.com/forums/f30/whats-best-powder-357-snubby-87528/)

SRK97 03-27-2013 02:36 AM

Whats the best powder for a .357 snubby?
 
I will be loading a 125 grain JHP, I would think a faster burning powder would burn more complete in a short barrel but I'm just assuming any help would be greatly appreciated.

locutus 03-27-2013 09:37 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by SRK97 (Post 1192207)
I will be loading a 125 grain JHP, I would think a faster burning powder would burn more complete in a short barrel but I'm just assuming any help would be greatly appreciated.


When I chronographed loads from a 2 1/2 inch S&W 19, 125 grain Remington JHP bullets, I got my highest velocities with H110.

Like you, I thought faster powders would be better, but the chronograph said no.

SRK97 03-28-2013 09:52 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by locutus

When I chronographed loads from a 2 1/2 inch S&W 19, 125 grain Remington JHP bullets, I got my highest velocities with H110.

Like you, I thought faster powders would be better, but the chronograph said no.

Cool I have H110 I'll have to load some up.

farmallcrew 03-29-2013 10:43 PM

Unique or Pistol Power are always good powders for pistols.

mseric 03-30-2013 03:27 AM

Whatever powder give the highest velocity in a long barrel with also give the highest velocity in a short barrel.

locutus 03-30-2013 08:09 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by farmallcrew (Post 1195886)
Unique or Pistol Power are always good powders for pistols.


Not for magnums, unless you are loading reduced loads.


All times are GMT. The time now is 01:55 AM.

Copyright ©2000 - 2015, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.