Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com > Gear & Accessories > Ammunition & Reloading > What are your favorite dies ?

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 04-22-2011, 03:16 AM   #11
Feedback Score: 0 reviews

Liked 2446 Times on 1393 Posts
Likes Given: 1911

I also have an assortment of die brands, Lyman, Hornady, and RCBS. I have been told by a few very experienced reloaders

that, for the most part, they are pretty much the same.

Now, I really prefer my Dillon scale, because it's much more precise in the 0 to

10 grain range.

Last edited by therewolf; 04-22-2011 at 05:36 AM.

Old 04-22-2011, 11:10 AM   #12
Feedback Score: 0 reviews

Liked 33 Times on 28 Posts

My go to is RCBS. They are well made you can get an RCBS die in any caliber you want no matter what it is. Send them the specs or a case and they will make a die for it. Customer service is amazing.

Hornady dies are a very close second. I like the way hornady deals with runout. The sliding portion of the seater dies works great IF you don't load when it is cold. If it gets too cold in your reloading room like it does in mine your good to go.

I tried to buy dillon dies but they are just to expensive for me. I am not saying they aren't worth it but they are just too much for me to spend on dies.

Wilson dies are great dies as are Redding dies. There is really only one type of dies I will not own Lee. To me they are much cheaper in quality than any other dies. That and I don't really like chrome unless it is on a car 78 or older.