what does this mean - Page 2

Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com > Gear & Accessories > Ammunition & Reloading > what does this mean

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 12-17-2011, 02:51 AM   #11
Crazy Azz Redneck
FTF_SUPPORTER.png
Feedback Score: 0 reviews

Liked 1196 Times on 686 Posts
Likes Given: 575

Quote:
Originally Posted by tiberius10721 View Post
Dumb questions may be annoying but by giving an answer you may be educating and saving a persons life. I would like to see someone here at this forum say they have never asked a dumb question.
There's nothing wrong with asking a question,but if the person asking would just take the time to look it up themselves on a search engine,9 out of 10 times,they would find the answer themselves.
But it seems like there are a lot of people that don't understand this concept!

Lifetime Member-
NRA
Texas State Rifle Association
North American Hunting Club

Old 12-17-2011, 06:09 AM   #12
FTF_MODERATOR.png
Feedback Score: 1 reviews

Liked 2742 Times on 1436 Posts
Likes Given: 231

If someone does not have immediate access to reference materials or the interwebs AND they are asking me (stupid) questions to my face, I can judge whether they are truly stupid or just a noob wanting information.

If someone is online HERE, they have access to the rest of the wonderful internet. Sometimes they just need a little prodding to be able to answer their own questions. Research = knowledge Asking questions = a brain full of mush and immediate gratification.

When I first got into firearms, I read everything I could get my hands on to expand my knowledge. When I got into handloading, I read several manuals over and over. When I got into bullet casting, more manuals. Looking up the information leads to answers you never even knew had questions about. THAT is knowledge.

In life, strive to take the high road....It offers a better field of fire.
"Robo is right" Fuzzball

Old 12-18-2011, 08:54 PM   #13

Liked 9 Times on 9 Posts
Likes Given: 8

Some of you should realize that not everyone is internet savvy despite the fact their on this or any other web site. They may have just stumbled on to this one or maybe someone sent them a link to this site. To us it does seem rather simple, type it into a g**-d*** search engine and hit "enter".

Some people really don't know the web will answer those simple questions. They have no idea Dictionary.com exists, or Wikipedia or any of the other online reference sites. They don't know there's a Java program on a web site designed to help those new to reading micrometers and calipers learn to read them. They don't know you can log on to Sears Parts Direct and order parts for appliances, gym equipment, tools, lawn care equipment, etc. from most manufactures. With these people a polite suggestion will probably go a lot further in teaching them than demeaning sarcasm.

Bare in mind that at some point in your lives you too were new to something and had to ask questions. Hopefully the people you asked were a little more understanding and treated you with some respect.

And if the questions really bother some of you, you have other options.

Old 12-18-2011, 09:19 PM   #14

The worst question in the world is.........
the question unanswered.

Sent from my iPhone using FirearmsTalk

Old 12-18-2011, 09:23 PM   #15

Liked 862 Times on 648 Posts
Likes Given: 1

Quote:
Originally Posted by chlogeo
The worst question in the world is.........
the question unanswered.

Beg to differ but its the one not asked

God didnt make all men equal colonel sam colt did

Old 12-18-2011, 09:28 PM   #16

I stand corrected and whole heartily agree.
Thank you.

Old 12-18-2011, 09:29 PM   #17

Liked 862 Times on 648 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by chlogeo
I stand corrected and whole heartily agree.
Thank you.

Your welcome

God didnt make all men equal colonel sam colt did

Old 12-18-2011, 09:38 PM   #18

Liked 9204 Times on 5058 Posts
Likes Given: 74

Especially if the question could save a life. I don't think that's necessarily the case here, but it's been seen on the forum before.

Last edited by trip286; 12-18-2011 at 09:41 PM.

Old 12-19-2011, 05:22 PM   #19

Liked 10 Times on 6 Posts

I've said this before and got stomped on for saying it, but I'll say it again, if a question just seems dumb to you, don't answer it. Someone else will that still thinks there are no dumb questions when it comes to guns and ammunition. Sure seems simple enough to me. I've only been on the www stuff a little over a year but I still don't know how to do a search on a phrase I can remember and not get hits on every word in that phrase instead. And when I first started, I didn't even know there was a search. And yep, I got yelled at too. I soon learned you have to have a thick hide, especially here. I just think that some of you forget that everyone isn't super quick at this stuff. So there ya go, yell at me again.

"A free people ought not only to be armed and disciplined, but they should have sufficient arms and ammunition to maintain a status of independence from any who might attempt to abuse them, which would include their own government." -- Unknown author -- Falsely attributed to George Washington --
Patriot Guard Rider

Old 12-19-2011, 05:27 PM   #20

Liked 9204 Times on 5058 Posts
Likes Given: 74

I'm yelling at you although I can't post in all caps. I'm screaming at the top of my lungs that this sounds like a totally sensible philosophy.