Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com

Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com (http://www.firearmstalk.com/forums/)
-   Ammunition & Reloading (http://www.firearmstalk.com/forums/f30/)
-   -   what does this mean (http://www.firearmstalk.com/forums/f30/what-does-mean-53680/)

1911_monster 12-16-2011 04:10 AM

what does this mean

What dies NATO and LAPUA stand for??

g17frantz 12-16-2011 04:27 AM

North Atlantic Treaty Organization.
Lapua, no idea except I know lapua manufacturers .22 ammo.
Google is your friend good sir

Firearms4ever 12-16-2011 04:30 AM

Lapua is the name of a town/city in Finland and it is also the name of an ammunition manufacturer in Finland that has developed the 6.5mm Lapua and .338 Lapua cartridges.

c3shooter 12-16-2011 04:32 AM

Lapua is the name of a firm in Finnland that makes ammunition. REALLY good ammunition.

Marlinman 12-16-2011 05:13 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by c3shooter
Lapua is the name of a firm in Finnland that makes ammunition. REALLY good ammunition.

Well worth the added cost ammo too. They are also ALOT hotter round in 338 than the win mag round in same caliber.

God didnt make all men equal colonel sam colt did

robocop10mm 12-16-2011 04:16 PM

It is amazing to me how in this information age kids still ask rather than looking it up.

Google is your friend. Is it too much to ask to simply type NATO in to a search engine? It would take less time than posting a question. When I was a kid, I had a set of World Book Encyclopedias and a dictionary. I had to "look it up". Getting the answer to your question on a silver platter is part of what is wrong with America now. One does not have to work for knowledge, food, transportation, clothes or flat panel televisions. Everything is handed to you.

Life is going to kick you in the nads some day soon.

tiberius10721 12-16-2011 05:11 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by robocop10mm (Post 653600)
It is amazing to me how in this information age kids still ask rather than looking it up.

Google is your friend. Is it too much to ask to simply type NATO in to a search engine? It would take less time than posting a question. When I was a kid, I had a set of World Book Encyclopedias and a dictionary. I had to "look it up". Getting the answer to your question on a silver platter is part of what is wrong with America now. One does not have to work for knowledge, food, transportation, clothes or flat panel televisions. Everything is handed to you.

I think it's a matter of age when I was younger I asked more questions now that I'm almost 40 I just google everything or watch YouTube videos.

TheOldMan 12-16-2011 05:22 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by robocop10mm (Post 653600)

Often times I find myself wanting to say the same thing. Thanks for posting this Robo.. I'm seeing more and more threads basically asking the same things over and over.. There is already a wealth of info in the sticky threads that can answer a lot of the simple questions being asked ..

Txhillbilly 12-16-2011 05:33 PM

x10 Robo.
Todays technology has done nothing but contribute to stupidity when it comes to having some common sense.

tiberius10721 12-16-2011 06:16 PM

Dumb questions may be annoying but by giving an answer you may be educating and saving a persons life. I would like to see someone here at this forum say they have never asked a dumb question.