Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com > Gear & Accessories > Ammunition & Reloading > What Caliber of ammo was used to take down those wild animals in Ohio?

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 10-20-2011, 07:16 PM   #1
Feedback Score: 0 reviews

Liked 1 Times on 1 Posts

Default What Caliber of ammo was used to take down those wild animals in Ohio?

You all heard about those Wild animals that were released by that douche bag in ohio yesterday or the day before is when i think it happened anyway.

On the news they said the sheriffs had to use their sidearms/Pistols I think they are Glocks either in 9MM or .40 caliber do any of you know what caliber the the pistols were????? There were some Rifles used as well but the majority of firearms used were sheriff pistols According to the news. If that is true wow big game exotic animals taken out by 9mm of course precision shot placement was used by the sheriffs.

If they were 9MM there is proof right there that the 9mm is a decent round.
Even if they had to shoot multiple shots at each animal to take him out Hollow points no doubt. I just thought i should get this info because i have been reading all these posts about how a lot of clowns think the 9mm is a bb gun.

Monkeys are fine to own but Lions,Tigers other Man Eating Cats,Bears,Wolfs unless you are a guy that lives in a Zoo. That douche bag should have got eaten by one of the tigers. Before he had a chance to free them and shoot himself He also endangered all the people in that town. Thank god know people in the town were eaten.

Join FirearmsTalk.com Today - It's Free!

Are you a firearms enthusiast? Then we hope you will join the community. You will gain access to post, create threads, private message, upload images, join groups and more.

Firearms Talk is owned and operated by fellow firearms enthusiasts. We strive to offer a non-commercial community to learn and share information.

Join FirearmsTalk.com Today! - Click Here

Old 10-20-2011, 07:21 PM   #2

Liked 862 Times on 648 Posts
Likes Given: 1

Looking at the pics most were shot 3/4 times mostly in the head-neck. Most were w probably a 9mm but who knows. I know that alot of cops around my area are starting to pack glock 45 acps now. So maybe its the same there.

Old 10-20-2011, 09:26 PM   #3
FTF_MODERATOR.png

Liked 8601 Times on 3729 Posts
Likes Given: 1321

Rural county. Most of those boys (and girls) have a shotgun or high powered rifle in the car.

<--- Your Moderators at our weekly Troll Hunt

Old 10-21-2011, 08:57 PM   #4

Liked 694 Times on 475 Posts
Likes Given: 712

I'm not seeing a 9x19 or .40S&W taking down a tiger, just no way. A 12ga w/ slugs at close range, that would do it.

Freedom is not free. The best of us always leave too soon.

Old 10-21-2011, 09:37 PM   #5

The sherriff said they mainly used sidearms and i didnt see any revolvers on the few cops that showed that side. They all looked like glock handles to be honest.

Old 10-22-2011, 01:31 AM   #6

Liked 3 Times on 3 Posts
Likes Given: 3

Cops out here in California miss their target completely over 70% of the time. So I'd bet the countryside got pretty well hosed down with 9mm and 12ga while trying to "protect and serve" the folks in that town.

I'd be surprised if only 3 to 4 shots per animal were fired. But, maybe these small town cops hunt more and are better shots. Hopefully that is the case.

Old 10-22-2011, 01:38 AM   #7

I dont know bout in ohio but here in MO the department requires them to have a certian amount of range time a month.

Old 10-22-2011, 01:40 AM   #8
FTF_SUPPORTER.png

Liked 83 Times on 54 Posts
Likes Given: 5

I seriously hope they didn't persue these animals with nothing more then side arms. Not only would I feel completely undergunned, it would be impossible to make an ethical kill.

A long gun would be the only choice. I imagine more then one of those cops had a 12 ga loaded with buckshot handy but hopfully they could call in a couple of rifles.

If the pain is lacking so is the discipline...

"the only 911 call I need is chambering a round" - Mr. Muller, MO car dealer

Old 10-22-2011, 03:11 PM   #9

Liked 87 Times on 67 Posts

they were said to have used their "assault" rifles

typically they are ar15s .223