Wet Tumbling in Wintry Conditions

Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com > Gear & Accessories > Ammunition & Reloading > Wet Tumbling in Wintry Conditions

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 01-28-2014, 02:38 PM   #1
Feedback Score: 0 reviews

Liked 26 Times on 20 Posts
Likes Given: 48

Default Wet Tumbling in Wintry Conditions

It's unusually cold and damp here in SE Louisiana today. Work is closed, so I may do some wet tumbling in the garage today. However, the garage is not heated, so the temp will be in the 30's in there.

Any of our northern forum friends, or anyone else, ever rotary wet tumbled in cold, wintry conditions? Anything in particular I should keep an eye out for or do differently? Using a Thumler's Model b high speed tumbler.

No problem getting cold water for the drum today!

Thanks, All. Very unusual weather conditions for us tumblers down here -

Bayou

Join FirearmsTalk.com Today - It's Free!

Are you a firearms enthusiast? Then we hope you will join the community. You will gain access to post, create threads, private message, upload images, join groups and more.

Firearms Talk is owned and operated by fellow firearms enthusiasts. We strive to offer a non-commercial community to learn and share information.

Join FirearmsTalk.com Today! - Click Here

Old 01-30-2014, 06:31 PM   #2
Feedback Score: 0 reviews

Liked 34 Times on 27 Posts
Likes Given: 42

I've never done that, but think the biggest problem would be drying the brass. As long as you use warm water, unless it was very cold (0 or less) in your garage, it will take a several hours to freeze the fluid. If you let the brass air dry like me, take it in the house, cause the water will freeze quick then.