Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com

Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com (http://www.firearmstalk.com/forums/)
-   Ammunition & Reloading (http://www.firearmstalk.com/forums/f30/)
-   -   Well, it finally happened to all 3 of my LGS (http://www.firearmstalk.com/forums/f30/well-finally-happened-all-3-my-lgs-85227/)

StainlessSteel215 02-26-2013 05:33 PM

Well, it finally happened to all 3 of my LGS

As of 4 weeks ago ammo was still being rationed at a 2-box maximum per day for target ammo in all the popular calibers such as 9mm, 45acp, and 5.56/.223. So, not that I needed to because I'm pretty stocked up but a guy like me COULD have simply gone around to all 3 stores within a 20 mile radius and just keep running circles until I was satisfied.

Fast forward to today:
2 of the stores do not sell target ammo at this time because they say they are all out....and the other that has a range will only allow 1 box, up to 2 if you are using their range. Once everyone finds out about this allowance I guarantee it will dry up quick.

The walls are closing in my local area...let's hope this doesnt last long.

AR10 02-26-2013 05:42 PM

Wal-Mart now has a one box limit on .22

gfroniewski 02-27-2013 07:11 PM

This just now happened? I live in Austin, and we have been on a box limit for weeks at every store.

StainlessSteel215 02-27-2013 07:19 PM

Yupp, was doing ok until JUST recently. Thats how I know its getting bad....these guys were OVERSTOCKED for a long time and now thats gone. No signs or improvement for 2+ weeks

BUCKSLAYERR78 02-27-2013 08:21 PM

Yeah my lgs I go to (been friends with the two owners for years) has been limiting it to one box a day. I go in every day on my way home from work when I get off before they close and buy a box. They told me since we are friends I could buy a couple at once last night, but right now with supply so low and my stash pretty large I can't justify buying ammo that others may need. Especially since most of what they have left is HD ammo and not plinking ammo.

1old0311 02-27-2013 08:39 PM

I check J&G, Ammoman, and Lucky Gunner at LEAST twice a day. Ammo IS coming into the pipeline but people are still going crazy on it.
Example: I shoot a 9mm. Yesterday L.G. had 9mm Russian ammo in stock. I finished checking a few other calibers and less than 5 minutes later they were SOLD OUT.:eek::eek::eek:

StainlessSteel215 03-13-2013 03:56 PM

Yupp, just to confirm this shortage has now spread to the northeastern areas including Delaware, Eastern PA, and New Jersey. Ive called dealers/retailers in all 3 states for the last 2 weeks since Im located right in the middle of all 3 states.

Ammo up here is BONE DRY. Ive checked all local gun shops, DICKS, Walmarts, everywhere. Even Walmarts who were getting weekly shipments only had 20 boxes of .223 which they say came yesterday and was sold out within 2 hours.

This. Is. Nuts.

I'm fairly stocked up but have nothing to shoot with now! I'm hesitant to shoot because I cannot replenish. No end in sight up here....anyone else see the gears grind to a complete stop??

Jpyle 03-13-2013 04:21 PM

Yes. Was at Targermaster in Chadds Ford last week. Just about out. Had bulk 1000 count 40 target ammo and some 45 ACP. About it. Fortunately I was just browsing.

locutus 03-13-2013 10:54 PM

Seriously, guys, even without Sandy hook school, what did you really expect after Obama got re-elected?

Did anyone actually believe that things would be "normal" with him in office???

kirbinster 03-14-2013 01:34 PM

Its gotten worse, now the online places are allocating, most only allow 5 boxes a day. Glad I was able to snag 1200 rounds of .45 acp that came with two ammo boxes a week ago from Cabelas at a "good" price. Now they only let you buy 5 boxes.