Welcome a new ammunition storage idea - Page 2
Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com > Gear & Accessories > Ammunition & Reloading > Welcome a new ammunition storage idea

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 02-12-2014, 07:21 PM   #11
Vendor
FTF_SPONSOR.png
Feedback Score: 0 reviews

Liked 6 Times on 2 Posts
Likes Given: 2

very cool i just saw you quoted Edmund Burke. Isn't he is the one who said , all that is necessary for evil to prevail is for good men to do nothing?(Paraphrased)

Old 02-13-2014, 08:05 AM   #12
Devil's Advocate and Provocateur
FTF_MODERATOR.png

Liked 1334 Times on 698 Posts
Likes Given: 612

Thanks for the reply. I'll place an order shortly.

“Malo periculosam, libertatem quam quietam servitutem." (I prefer the tumult of liberty to the quiet of servitude.). Thomas Jefferson

"All that is necessary for the triumph of evil is that good men do nothing."

-Edmund Burke, Loosely translated from Thoughts on the Cause of Present Discontents. (1770)

Old 02-13-2014, 08:18 AM   #13
Devil's Advocate and Provocateur
FTF_MODERATOR.png

Liked 1334 Times on 698 Posts
Likes Given: 612

Quote:
Originally Posted by BoneDryAmmo View Post
very cool i just saw you quoted Edmund Burke. Isn't he is the one who said , all that is necessary for evil to prevail is for good men to do nothing?(Paraphrased)
That's hilarious! I changed my sig line after years to include that quote before I read your post.

Burke did not say it that succinctly, but may have provided the basis for it. Here is a quote from wiki quote.org:

All that is necessary for the triumph of evil is that good men do nothing.
This is probably the most quoted statement attributed to Burke, and an extraordinary number of variants of it exist, but all without any definite original source. These very extensively used remarks may be based on a paraphrase of some of Burke's ideas, but he is not known to have ever declared them in so succinct a manner in any of his writings. They may have been adapted from these lines of Burke's in his Thoughts on the Cause of Present Discontents (1770): "When bad men combine, the good must associate; else they will fall one by one, an unpitied sacrifice in a contemptible struggle."
This purported quote bears a resemblance to the narrated theme of Sergei Bondarchuk's Soviet film adaptation of Leo Tolstoy's book "War and Peace", in which the narrator declares "All that is necessary for evil to triumph is for good men to do nothing", although since the original is in Russian various translations to English are possible. This purported quote also bears resemblance to a quote widely attributed to Plato, that said "The penalty good men pay for indifference to public affairs is to be ruled by evil men."
More research done on this matter is available at these two links: Burkequote & Burkequote2 — as the information at these links indicate, there are many variants of this statement, probably because there is no clearly definitive original by Burke. The quote may very well be a modification of "‎Bad men need nothing more to compass their ends, than that good men should look on and do nothing." - John Stuart Mill, Inaugural Address: Delivered to the University of St. Andrews, Feb. 1st 1867. In addition, an exhaustive examination of this quote has been done at the following link.

“Malo periculosam, libertatem quam quietam servitutem." (I prefer the tumult of liberty to the quiet of servitude.). Thomas Jefferson

"All that is necessary for the triumph of evil is that good men do nothing."

-Edmund Burke, Loosely translated from Thoughts on the Cause of Present Discontents. (1770)

BoneDryAmmo Likes This 
Old 03-05-2014, 01:23 AM   #14
Vendor
FTF_SPONSOR.png

Liked 6 Times on 2 Posts
Likes Given: 2

Everyone, i hope you are doing well and all is well around you! news around us, south and east are troubling as are talks in our own surroundings so we have to keep aware, informed and stay in touch. We continue our research to find better storage ideas and options for all. Until then please look at our Patriotic Storage Containers because... "these Colors don't run...ever"