Welcome a new ammunition storage idea
Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com > Gear & Accessories > Ammunition & Reloading > Welcome a new ammunition storage idea

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 02-09-2014, 11:43 PM   #1
Vendor
FTF_SPONSOR.png
Feedback Score: 0 reviews

Liked 6 Times on 2 Posts
Likes Given: 2

Default Welcome a new ammunition storage idea

I would like to thank FirearmsTalk for the opportunity to become a Sponsor and share our new ideas and products with you.

As we know, ammunition has become harder to find and, for those that are or have been lucky in finding it, it is challenge to protect it therefore, we are here to introduce a new and better way to store and protect your investment.

Bone-Dry Ammo containers have an integrated molecular sieve which traps and holds moisture away from your ammunition, reducing the relative humidity inside the container to one tenth of one percent. If unopened, this relative humidity will remain stable.

Please visit our website www.bonedryammo.com. We have more products in developing stages such as ammo can liners, desiccant blocks and other products that will surely revolutionize the storage industry.

Bone-Dry Ammo Storage
Store it, forget it, find it, shoot it....

Last edited by BoneDryAmmo; 02-09-2014 at 11:46 PM.
People Like This 

Join FirearmsTalk.com Today - It's Free!

Are you a firearms enthusiast? Then we hope you will join the community. You will gain access to post, create threads, private message, upload images, join groups and more.

Firearms Talk is owned and operated by fellow firearms enthusiasts. We strive to offer a non-commercial community to learn and share information.

Join FirearmsTalk.com Today! - Click Here

Old 02-10-2014, 12:05 AM   #2
Table of Warriors Placeholder
FTF_SUPPORTER.png

Liked 6817 Times on 3722 Posts
Likes Given: 13409

A new vendor? Welcome.

No offense and none taken (̿▀̿ ̿Ĺ̯̿̿▀̿ ̿)̄

Old 02-10-2014, 12:32 AM   #3
The only democracy and friend in the region
FTF_SUPPORTER.png

Location: Eatonville,Washington. My nearest neighbors are cows.
Liked 1732 Times on 960 Posts
Likes Given: 5280

Welcome to the Forum.... I'll go take a look now.... see you later.

Old 02-11-2014, 11:36 AM   #4
Vendor
FTF_SPONSOR.png

Liked 6 Times on 2 Posts

good morning and thank you!!

Old 02-12-2014, 03:29 AM   #5

Liked 34 Times on 27 Posts
Likes Given: 42

As I look at this, I question how reusable this is. In my mind, storing a small quantity like listed on the website is a short term storage, and will be open back up later only to replace the ammo in it and add moisture as well. How well does this stuff work for repeated use? If it works well for a long term storage, then larger containers will be nice to see and try.

Sent from my smart phone using my not smart hand.

Old 02-12-2014, 04:50 AM   #6
Lifetime Supporting Member
FTF_LIFETIMESUPPORTER.png
Feedback Score: 1 reviews

Liked 8139 Times on 4699 Posts
Likes Given: 10510

Any plans for a 50-cal ammo can size? Or a liner for a 50-cal ammo can? That is what most people I know use.

Shoot me an email at vikingdad995@gmail.com

Check out the Firearmstalk Podcasts with Vikingdad and DrFootball! https://itunes.apple.com/us/podcast/firearms-talk-podcast/id778007899

Quote:
"Among the many misdeeds of British rule in India, history will look upon the Act depriving a whole nation of arms as the blackest."
- Mohandas Gandhi, an Autobiography, page 446.
KG7IL Likes This 
Old 02-12-2014, 06:23 PM   #7
Vendor
FTF_SPONSOR.png

Liked 6 Times on 2 Posts

Thanks for the questions, as for opening these the moisture budget allows for approx 40 openings at 40% rh a rate you find indoors so 20 times if outside at 80% rh at 86*f, but they can be recharged with a blow dryer to heat but careful not to melt them and also 15 second bursts in a microwave will recharge the mositure budget. When i go shooting i open one and dump all the ammo onto a cloth then close the lid on the empty container then load my weapon or magazines. As for Ammo cans we are coming out with a kit to line your 50 cal ammo can the same size will be offered for the 30 cal cans you just use scissors to cut to fit and have more to go in a smaller can forthe same price. thanks neo

Old 02-12-2014, 06:29 PM   #8
Vendor
FTF_SPONSOR.png

Liked 6 Times on 2 Posts

We are also coming out with strips of molecular sieve to fit inside your factory boxes of ammo. It is thin and you just open the flab on the box and slide it in each box between the cardboard and the ammo. Then you stack them in your ammo can lined or not. these will be considered disposable but we hope the price point will be such that you can buy many. We also have a 200g brick that will fit in an ammo can with a huge moisture budget. So yes thanks for asking and keep shooting ... or hording ammo which ever makes you smile. neo

Old 02-12-2014, 06:45 PM   #9
Devil's Advocate and Provocateur
FTF_MODERATOR.png

Liked 1319 Times on 689 Posts
Likes Given: 606

Bone,

Was at your site a few days ago (saw the banner ad) and liked the convenience of the containers in that they fit into most magazine pouches, but only had two questions. Is the plastic made to last long-term, i.e. decades of weekly use, or should these be considered disposable? Also, is the ammo just dumped in to get capacities claimed, or does the ammo have to be stacked and/or fitted inside the container for maximum capacity?

A new question popped up after reading your answers above: could the desiccant pad be made removable so there was no danger of heat harming the container? Pull strip out of container and use blow dryer or microwave on only the strip.

Thanks in advance for your attention to our questions.

“Malo periculosam, libertatem quam quietam servitutem." (I prefer the tumult of liberty to the quiet of servitude.). Thomas Jefferson

"All that is necessary for the triumph of evil is that good men do nothing."

-Edmund Burke, Loosely translated from Thoughts on the Cause of Present Discontents. (1770)

Old 02-12-2014, 07:00 PM   #10
Vendor
FTF_SPONSOR.png

Liked 6 Times on 2 Posts

Yes the containers are very hard and durable and have been extensively tested for Ingress. All plastic let air in but very slowly. It will take 40 years to go from .1rh to 10.00% rh. And only on the biggest container can you remove the molecular sieve lining and heat it to recharge . 15 sec in a microwave on hi is how i have tested them with no deformation. the others can be recharged with a blow dryer. So we do not consider the containers disposable, use them over and over.
Yes i dump the ammo in. you can gently shake them you'll see the ammo orient up or down then continue. but it is a pretty fast process. Thanks

Keep shooting ... or hording ammo which ever makes you smile