Warning! Ammunition Video, this will cause emotional problems! - Page 2
You are Unregistered, please register to use all of the features of FirearmsTalk.com!    
Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com > Gear & Accessories > Ammunition & Reloading >

Warning! Ammunition Video, this will cause emotional problems!

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 09-06-2013, 02:23 PM   #11
Feedback Score: 0 reviews

Liked 2611 Times on 1484 Posts
Likes Given: 2004

They're like Spuddies!

ENOUGH is NEVER enough!

"Lo-ook at how much ammo I've got!

It's an in-nvestment! Blah,blah,blah."

Last edited by therewolf; 09-08-2013 at 02:26 PM.

Old 09-08-2013, 12:19 AM   #12

Liked 776 Times on 542 Posts
Likes Given: 842

If he showed stacked crates, I might have been impressed. If the sh!t hits the fan, could you imagine running around your house for ammo, oh wait, I forgot the gun???
Old 09-08-2013, 02:12 AM   #13
disappointed & disgusted, But DETERMINED...
FTF_LIFETIMESUPPORTER.png

Liked 3382 Times on 2288 Posts
Likes Given: 710

Quote:
Originally Posted by therewolf
They're like Spuddies!

ENOUGH is NEVER enough!

"Lo-ook at how much ammo I've got!

It's an 1n-nvestment! Blah,blah,blah."
Well,..it is to a point. When you buy collectible guns it's more an investment,..probably the better one. It's also investing if you buy more then one of the SAME or similar guns for later resale of SHTF.
Ammo OTOH is a more Liquid investment and can be traded easier and can bring more back in return value if your a good trader.

Ex: (If) I sell 3000 rds. Of lake city 5.56 62gr. Green tip( because I might have another 25-27,000 rds. For myself) what would I get in return? It could be a larger amt. of a different caliber, or a Gun or Gun parts. When the shortages began I had a lot of 45ACP which I very rarely shoot anymore at all. So I sold 1500 rds. Of CCI 230 FMJ @ $25 per 50 Rd. box to my Local GS/Pawn shop. You do the math. To me it's a win win. As soon as I grad. Gunsmithing school I will be able to barter ever better, because I'll have licensed services to trade with. More recently I traded my Ruger SR9c a HD 6 asst. mags for a stainless P95 and 3 mags +$120, then moved the 95(which I wanted to keep but I had also bought another 92 already) for a chief's special similar the my late'FIL's off duty gun that my wife wanted, and $200. Used the cash to buy more ammo online, plus 2 TruGlo 2x42 multi rectile red dot sights....

Also sold one of my Springfield '03's and 1 of my Grands to a local Gshop owner who collects military arms like me. Took mostly cash for the bank,..but got the wife a Sig 230 to alternate off her LCR & Chief's sp.....move what you don't want,..get what you need....will have my FFL soon enough after grad. As well so no more middle men either if I don't want one.

"The difference between a successful person and others is not a lack of strength, not a lack of knowledge, but rather in a lack of will." Vince Lombardi

"No One, and I MEAN NO ONE Craps on me and Gets away with it!!! Those days are gone...

Old 09-08-2013, 02:15 AM   #14
disappointed & disgusted, But DETERMINED...
FTF_LIFETIMESUPPORTER.png

Liked 3382 Times on 2288 Posts
Likes Given: 710

Quote:
Originally Posted by jpattersonnh
If he showed stacked crates, I might have been impressed. If the sh!t hits the fan, could you imagine running around your house for ammo, oh wait, I forgot the gun???
No I Agree, but the fridge idea isn't bad. I use wooden crates of diff. sizes that I Reinforce myself, and some are in one of my safes as well...but I have a walk in master closet as big as some small bedrooms.

"The difference between a successful person and others is not a lack of strength, not a lack of knowledge, but rather in a lack of will." Vince Lombardi

"No One, and I MEAN NO ONE Craps on me and Gets away with it!!! Those days are gone...

Old 09-08-2013, 02:39 PM   #15

Liked 2611 Times on 1484 Posts
Likes Given: 2004

Whenever I see the acronym "SHTF", I think of two

famous sayings:

"Dyin' aint much of a livin', boy."

and

"Them that dies, be the lucky ones."

IF the SHTF, more than likely, most of us are going to die;

for those that don't, it's going to suck, no matter who/where

you are.

AND guys, don't get so caught up in preparing for the worst,

that you forget to enjoy the best times of your lives. IF the

preppers DO survive, my bet is there's going to be a lot of

open weeping over the times they could have enjoyed, while

scrupulously preparing to be miserable...

Old 09-08-2013, 09:44 PM   #16

Liked 46 Times on 39 Posts
Likes Given: 1

The boy in the video just doesn't have any where near enough ammo. Sorry

Old 09-12-2013, 01:35 AM   #17

Liked 1310 Times on 743 Posts
Likes Given: 633

That really isn't much ammo. He has a bunch of different caliber's of ammo,but he doesn't have a bunch of ammo for each one.
I prefer to keep mine in big containers so if I need to move locations,I can move it quickly. I only keep a limited supply in places where it will be handy to use fast,and the rest stays packed and ready to go.
North American Hunting Club
texaswoodworker Likes This