Walmart ammo shelf - Page 2
Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com > Gear & Accessories > Ammunition & Reloading > Walmart ammo shelf

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 03-26-2013, 01:09 AM   #11
FTF_SUPPORTER.png
Feedback Score: 0 reviews

Liked 1060 Times on 650 Posts
Likes Given: 464

That is the only possibility...

My local Wally World says truck is unloaded between 6 and 8 pm. Have to get there early, they say, as it is first come...just to find out if they got any ammo! Limit three boxes per customer...no guarantee that they will have anything to put on the shelves.

Academy says same thing, but 8am start.

Nobody is stocked, of course, but customer service is in short supply as well!

If It Were Easy, They Would Not Call It Work, And Everyone Would Do It

Old 03-26-2013, 01:30 AM   #12
Supporting Member
FTF_SUPPORTER.png

Liked 2746 Times on 1335 Posts
Likes Given: 1393

To be honest I am not taking this stand totally for myself since I have been planning for incidents like this for several months and years. If I can't buy it I'll load it! But I think about all those that got a new AR or other rifle, pistol or whatever for Christmas and other special occasions. That can not even find a box to shoot their new gun. And especially my personal priority of the young folks who are getting a new gun for a special occasion, who are shooting and learning to enjoy the sport that we so love. It makes me very angry that some people are so inconsiderate, greedy and selfish. But that unfortunately is the America we are living in today. Considerate? What the H is that? But Wally world best be doing something about it as well as other stores and companies that the same thing is happening.
Bottom line we need to totally refuse to buy any of the crap they are selling. We are only contributing if we do. No matter how bad we want the items. Instead of sending purchasing response to them we need to load their site up with rejection and chastising comments. Free Market is Free Market but this is an ethical issue!

The Constitution is not an instrument for the Government to restrain the people. It is an instrument for the people to restrain the Government!
*Patrick Henry

Today, we need a nation of Minutemen, citizens who are not only prepared to take arms, but citizens who regard the preservation of freedom as the basic purpose of their daily life and who are willing to consciously work and sacrifice for that freedom."

-- John F. Kennedy

Old 03-26-2013, 01:36 AM   #13
FTF_SUPPORTER.png

Liked 20 Times on 15 Posts
Likes Given: 7

Desperate times call for desperate measures!

I have a friend who's wife works there, and knows the sports department manager. She's in for her bi-weekly allowance, and it's going my way if she get's it. I'd be happy with a couple boxes of 9mm and 500 round .22 packs every couple weeks. At least I can get in some range time during the spring without having to dig into my ammo stores.

Time will tell I suppose.

"Any man who thinks he can be happy and prosperous by letting the Government take care of him; better take a closer look at the American Indian."

Old 03-26-2013, 01:46 AM   #14
FTF_SUPPORTER.png

Liked 1060 Times on 650 Posts
Likes Given: 464

Quote:
Originally Posted by Westy
Desperate times call for desperate measures!

I have a friend who's wife works there, and knows the sports department manager. She's in for her bi-weekly allowance, and it's going my way if she get's it. I'd be happy with a couple boxes of 9mm and 500 round .22 packs every couple weeks. At least I can get in some range time during the spring without having to dig into my ammo stores.

Time will tell I suppose.
Desperate times is correct...
Your 'in' is fortunate...
Plans for the ammo is understandable...
And the whole affair is most unfortunate!

If It Were Easy, They Would Not Call It Work, And Everyone Would Do It

Old 03-26-2013, 02:39 AM   #15

Liked 3 Times on 3 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sniper03
To be honest I am not taking this stand totally for myself since I have been planning for incidents like this for several months and years. If I can't buy it I'll load it! But I think about all those that got a new AR or other rifle, pistol or whatever for Christmas and other special occasions. That can not even find a box to shoot their new gun. And especially my personal priority of the young folks who are getting a new gun for a special occasion, who are shooting and learning to enjoy the sport that we so love. It makes me very angry that some people are so inconsiderate, greedy and selfish. But that unfortunately is the America we are living in today. Considerate? What the H is that? But Wally world best be doing something about it as well as other stores and companies that the same thing is happening.
Bottom line we need to totally refuse to buy any of the crap they are selling. We are only contributing if we do. No matter how bad we want the items. Instead of sending purchasing response to them we need to load their site up with rejection and chastising comments. Free Market is Free Market but this is an ethical issue!

Gunbroker needs to suspend the sale of ammo. Check out much how much ammo is being auctioned. It could supply an army.

Old 03-26-2013, 12:49 PM   #16

Liked 22 Times on 21 Posts
Likes Given: 3

I have had a Walmart employee tell me that I will not see 22 ammo at his. He is the manager of the sporting goods in Athens Ga and said he sets it all aside and buys it when he gets off work. That is crap. They limit us to 3 boxes they should limit them to NONE AT ALL!!!!

Old 03-26-2013, 01:21 PM   #17
FTF_SUPPORTER.png

Liked 20 Times on 15 Posts
Likes Given: 7

Quote:
Originally Posted by GaMatt72 View Post
I have had a Walmart employee tell me that I will not see 22 ammo at his. He is the manager of the sporting goods in Athens Ga and said he sets it all aside and buys it when he gets off work. That is crap. They limit us to 3 boxes they should limit them to NONE AT ALL!!!!
That's why I said "we'll see". I'm sure there is a ton of people at "Wally-World" that are in line, and a handful of department managers that are doing exactly what youo described. Their probably the ones selling it out on GB for $ 100 a box.

"Any man who thinks he can be happy and prosperous by letting the Government take care of him; better take a closer look at the American Indian."

Old 03-26-2013, 04:38 PM   #18
FTF_SUPPORTER.png

Liked 6611 Times on 3684 Posts
Likes Given: 6272

We had the same problem, only worse, in 1994.

It will continue as long as there are a lot of people that panic on demand whenever the far right conspiracy fear mongers tell them to.

War is the continuation of politics by other means.
Carl von Clausewitz
V
The best argument against democracy is a five-minute conversation with the average voter.
Winston Churchill

Old 03-26-2013, 05:04 PM   #19
Coffee! If your not shaking, you need another cup
FTF_SUPPORTER.png

Liked 2024 Times on 1183 Posts
Likes Given: 4309

Quote:
Originally Posted by cecasejr View Post
Walmart has been low on supply lately but this is the worst I have seen it:

Attachment 92773
My area Wal-Mart is near bare, did get some 30-06 boxes.

Old 03-27-2013, 04:53 PM   #20

Liked 7 Times on 3 Posts

Around here the empolyees buy up the ammo before it hits the shelves.
Then they resell, but they deny this action---ya right.

Smokeyloads