Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com > Gear & Accessories > Ammunition & Reloading > Walmart Ammo prices?

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 07-17-2012, 11:19 AM   #31
FTF_SUPPORTER.png
Feedback Score: 0 reviews

Liked 757 Times on 449 Posts
Likes Given: 477

Quote:
Originally Posted by mdemotte View Post
Has anyone else had a steep price increase at their local wally? The Federal 9mm I bought 2 weeks ago now stands at $12.97/per 50. This up from $9.97!! The bulk UMC pack went from $59.97/250 to 69.00! Online is now cheaper for me!! My UPS drivers gonna be pissed... Those cases get heavy!
Has anyone notice the price increase at Walmart's, period! Bring back the ma & pa stores.

Old 07-17-2012, 12:00 PM   #32

Liked 4 Times on 3 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by PanBaccha

Has anyone notice the price increase at Walmart's, period! Bring back the ma & pa stores.
Actually yeah! I shop a few different places just to keep in budget... It used to be I just head to Walmart and call it a day! Saving the time and headache of going to 3 different places..

Old 07-17-2012, 01:43 PM   #33

Liked 157 Times on 108 Posts
Likes Given: 119

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chainfire View Post
I have put some deep thought into your question, and here is what I came up with:

"It sells out just as soon as we put it on the shelf, it is a losing battle to keep ordering it....."
What I did that really helped, was to get on a first name basis with the Sporting Goods Department Manager. She is a really nice gal I started talking to every time me or my wife went in there. My wife usually shops there at least twice a week, and always checks for the $19.97, 100 round Federal 9 MM "Value Packs". When they have it she picks up 2 or 3 boxes every time she goes.

A while back they always seemed to be out of stock every time she went. The Department Manager asked her for our phone number, and said she'd call us when they get a shipment in. That is usually at least once a week. She then calls my wife, and then either she or I will run over and grab several boxes. This works out well, and while my wife is there she'll always pick up several other items we need. So I get cheap 9 MM, and she gets the stuff we need, without shoving unnecessary fuel out the tailpipe making dry runs.

Old 07-18-2012, 02:34 AM   #34

I haven't checked Walmart ammo prices in about a month but they have always been cheaper than anyplace else. Cabela's is outrageous unless you happen to get some of the off brands on sale. Same with Cheaper than Dirt.

Recently FoxNews had a article about ammo availability. They said that all manufacturing capacity for ammo is spoken for for the remainder of 2012. Some ammo may be scarce later this year.

Walmart store sporting goods folks have always told me they receive ammo about every week but it sells fast. They do not always get the ammo that is out of stock but what is on order for that delivery.

Right now Cheaper than Dirt has PMC ammo at a very good price. I will probably add some to my stock pile.

THE REPUBLIC OF TEXAS....No place but Texas.
Buy more guns and ammo. Better to have more than less in a battle.....which is coming soon.