Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com

Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com (http://www.firearmstalk.com/forums/)
-   Ammunition & Reloading (http://www.firearmstalk.com/forums/f30/)
-   -   Walmart Ammo prices? (http://www.firearmstalk.com/forums/f30/walmart-ammo-prices-68073/)

mdemotte 07-11-2012 08:19 PM

Walmart Ammo prices?
 
Has anyone else had a steep price increase at their local wally? The Federal 9mm I bought 2 weeks ago now stands at $12.97/per 50. This up from $9.97!! The bulk UMC pack went from $59.97/250 to 69.00! Online is now cheaper for me!! My UPS drivers gonna be pissed... Those cases get heavy!

sniper762 07-11-2012 08:34 PM

at the walmart priices you posted, buying by the 50rd box is cheaper than bulk.

cant see where online purchase would be cheaper adding s/h costs

tacticalfun 07-11-2012 08:36 PM

My walmarts prices depend on how much they have in stock

mdemotte 07-11-2012 08:59 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by sniper762
at the walmart priices you posted, buying by the 50rd box is cheaper than bulk.

cant see where online purchase would be cheaper adding s/h costs

It actually has.. Luckygunner.com has American Eagle $219 for 20 boxes.. $10.95 per 50 even with shipping it comes to about $25 cheaper. This also includes the fact that I have to pay the 7% tax at wally .. I pay no tax at lucky

silverado113 07-11-2012 09:17 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by mdemotte (Post 866714)
It actually has.. Luckygunner.com has American Eagle $219 for 20 boxes.. $10.95 per 50 even with shipping it comes to about $25 cheaper. This also includes the fact that I have to pay the 7% tax at wally .. I pay no tax at lucky

Not yet. Soon they will tax every online purchase but that's another thread. The sad part is as a FFL it is cheaper for me to buy in bulk as a consumer then put a little markup on it than it is to go through some distributors. :mad:

HOSSFLY 07-11-2012 09:31 PM

Have'nt noticed a increase here but it's been a couple months since i've bought any-
Now i gotta go see :)

BlueTurf 07-11-2012 10:20 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by mdemotte (Post 866677)
Has anyone else had a steep price increase at their local wally? The Federal 9mm I bought 2 weeks ago now stands at $12.97/per 50. This up from $9.97!! The bulk UMC pack went from $59.97/250 to 69.00! Online is now cheaper for me!! My UPS drivers gonna be pissed... Those cases get heavy!

Is the ammo you get online really cheaper? Online ammo purchases usually come with shipping charges which adds to the cost. The real price-per-round of the ammo is what it costs you to get it in your hands.

juststartin5272 07-11-2012 10:50 PM

I am the Sporting Goods department manager at my local Walmart. And about 2 weeks ago we had major price increases on a lot of my ammo. Mostly on rifle cartridges, but a few of the popular handgun cartridges had a rather steep increase. I think a lot is due to hunting coming into season(I live in Texas)

mdemotte 07-11-2012 10:53 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by BlueTurf

Is the ammo you get online really cheaper? Online ammo purchases usually come with shipping charges which adds to the cost. The real price-per-round of the ammo is what it costs you to get it in your hands.

I just bought 200 rds of blazer brass 9mm 115gr from PalmettoStateArmory.com for $42! No tax! They have free shipping till the end of July!! Awesome price.

Have a look!!

GlockRenegade 07-11-2012 11:08 PM

Ive noticed one walmarts prices will go up and down, others stay the same. Just gotta pay attention


All times are GMT. The time now is 12:54 PM.

Copyright ©2000 - 2015, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.