Walmart - Page 9
Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com > Gear & Accessories > Ammunition & Reloading > Walmart

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 05-30-2013, 08:59 PM   #81
Coffee! If your not shaking, you need another cup
FTF_SUPPORTER.png
Feedback Score: 0 reviews

Liked 1906 Times on 1103 Posts
Likes Given: 3901

Was in a conversation at Big 5 this morning before opening their doors with another ammo purchaser. At the time of the opening only 4 of us were entering the store.

The conversation was about Wal-Mart in question. They had a shipment of ammo coming in, the employee behind the counter was happy; but, he does not approve of the re-sellers coming in and re-selling. Everyone should get a fair slice of the ammo pie.

The employee was not on shift at the time of the ammo, an older man was and he said the ammo was already allocated for and they're not giving any out. WTF! The customer left the store, did not was to get into a wordy match.

Big 5 did have some 20 to 25 boxes ammo 5.56 for $16 a box of 20 rounds, brass casings 55 grain ammo made in Poland. I and the other 3 passed on the ammo, questionable on the quality.

They did have 1 box of .40 Winchester, 2 boxes of .30-06 Remington. No 9mm or .22LR.

I only purchased 3 boxes of 12 gauge 00 Buckshot.

Any thoughts?

Old 05-30-2013, 10:37 PM   #82

Liked 540 Times on 324 Posts
Likes Given: 2178

Wait for better prices.

Remember the battle of Athens, TN!

"Work as if you were to live 100 Years, Pray as if you were to die To-morrow." --Benjamin Franklin

Old 05-31-2013, 03:06 PM   #83
FTF_SUPPORTER.png

Liked 20 Times on 15 Posts
Likes Given: 7

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bigcountry02 View Post
Was in a conversation at Big 5 this morning before opening their doors with another ammo purchaser. At the time of the opening only 4 of us were entering the store.

The conversation was about Wal-Mart in question. They had a shipment of ammo coming in, the employee behind the counter was happy; but, he does not approve of the re-sellers coming in and re-selling. Everyone should get a fair slice of the ammo pie.

The employee was not on shift at the time of the ammo, an older man was and he said the ammo was already allocated for and they're not giving any out. WTF! The customer left the store, did not was to get into a wordy match.

Big 5 did have some 20 to 25 boxes ammo 5.56 for $16 a box of 20 rounds, brass casings 55 grain ammo made in Poland. I and the other 3 passed on the ammo, questionable on the quality.

They did have 1 box of .40 Winchester, 2 boxes of .30-06 Remington. No 9mm or .22LR.

I only purchased 3 boxes of 12 gauge 00 Buckshot.

Any thoughts?
My thoughts are the WM employees are buying it up and selling it on GB before it even hits the shelf. I'm glad to see the prices are falling on GB though. .22 500 packs go for around $50 now, instead of the $ 75-80 it was a month ago.

"Any man who thinks he can be happy and prosperous by letting the Government take care of him; better take a closer look at the American Indian."

Old 06-01-2013, 11:40 PM   #84

Liked 18 Times on 15 Posts

I kinda had the same thing happen yesterday. My app said 9mm In Stock. So I drove up there and nothing. So I asked a guy about it showed him the app. So he looked it up on his PC and it said the had 17 boxes of 50rd fed. Then he called the guys in back and had them look and they came back and said there was nothing. My app said In Stock for over a day and it's usually when they r out it changes to out of stock within a couple hours. So r Walmart employees snaching it up as soon as it hits the doors????

Old 06-01-2013, 11:54 PM   #85

Liked 2 Times on 2 Posts

Couple of weeks ago, I asked if they had any .22 lr, nothing on the shelves. The old guy behind the counter pulled 3 100rd boxes of cci high velocity out. Said he found them stuffed under the counter all wrapped up. They were 7.50 a box so I grabbed them, but obviously employees are either hiding away ammo for themselves or for their special "clients", ie the guy who slipped them a $20 to call them whenever things are in stock. It's very frustrating but does seem to be evening out.

Old 06-02-2013, 07:50 PM   #86
FTF_SUPPORTER.png

Liked 5699 Times on 3222 Posts
Likes Given: 5110

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bigcountry02 View Post

Any thoughts?

Why??? European ammo is normally good quality. Price was high, but so is everything else at BIG 5. (at least IME)

Winston Churchill

Old 06-04-2013, 02:15 AM   #87

Liked 136 Times on 123 Posts
Likes Given: 33

So went to my Walmart today and for the first time in MONTHS....there was handgun ammo ON THE SHELF... 3 value packs boxes of WWB .45, 6 value wwb .380 and 6 50 rd. Boxes of Remington .380 ball..... This does not sound like a lot...but for my Walmart....its a gold mine lol....ftr...i did not but any...don't own those calibers

-AP

“The beauty of the Second Amendment is that it will not be needed until they try to take it.”
― Thomas Jefferson

“The constitution shall never be construed...to prevent the people of the United States who are peaceable citizens from keeping their own arms.”
― Alexander Hamilton

Old 06-04-2013, 02:35 AM   #88
disappointed & disgusted, But DETERMINED...
FTF_LIFETIMESUPPORTER.png

Liked 3160 Times on 2147 Posts
Likes Given: 685

I'm telling you i know thats what at least 1 Wally World worker is doing that here. Now I make a weekly stop at Big 5 as well. at least the folks there are honest, they don't sell to known business resellers, and they don't let one person buy up an entire caliber stock! Today I walked in, Gal behind the counter(who also shoots) instantly told me "sorry Doc no .9mm's this week, we only got 4 boxes and 2 people already reserved em....But I did get your Wife's .38/.357's!(so DW got 2 boxes each of 130gr. LRN 38's, and 2 boxes of .357 +P's....

"The difference between a successful person and others is not a lack of strength, not a lack of knowledge, but rather in a lack of will." Vince Lombardi

"No One, and I MEAN NO ONE Craps on me and Gets away with it!!! Those days are gone...

Old 06-05-2013, 12:51 PM   #89

Liked 2 Times on 1 Posts

I just was at Wally word and they had 10 boxes of federal 100 rd 9mm. I bought 3 boxes. I called my buddy and told him they had 7 boxes left. He adked me to so if they would hold 3 boxes for him that he was on his way. The gentleman said sorry policy is first come first serve. So not all Wally worlds are bad. My buddy got there in time and got his 3 boxes with 1 box left. The gentlemen said he would have liked to buy them but when he is on the clock he can't and the ammo is always gone before he is off the clock. That is a honest employee.

Old 06-06-2013, 03:12 AM   #90
FTF_SUPPORTER.png

Liked 17 Times on 12 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by DrFootball View Post
I'm telling you i know thats what at least 1 Wally World worker is doing that here. Now I make a weekly stop at Big 5 as well. at least the folks there are honest, they don't sell to known business resellers, and they don't let one person buy up an entire caliber stock! Today I walked in, Gal behind the counter(who also shoots) instantly told me "sorry Doc no .9mm's this week, we only got 4 boxes and 2 people already reserved em....But I did get your Wife's .38/.357's!(so DW got 2 boxes each of 130gr. LRN 38's, and 2 boxes of .357 +P's....
Email Walmart corporate, I did, and got excellent response the store manager and I are now on a first name basis and the ammo is now mysteriously making it to the shelves when the app says it is there.