Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com > Gear & Accessories > Ammunition & Reloading > Walmart

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 05-22-2013, 12:39 AM   #71
Feedback Score: 0 reviews

Liked 16 Times on 12 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by beretta9988
Walmart near me had 40 and 9mm yesterday. Did not buy any since I am stocked. Not going contribute to the shortage by buying ammo I might not use for a few months.

I run into a bunch of people in the ammo aisle who have no intention of leaving any ammo on the shelf. One guy has 2000 rounds of 9mm and is still buying what ever he sees.

I have 700 rounds and jut going to ration it over the next months. I hit the range and bring 50 rounds with me and buy a box of 50 at the range. When I get down to 400 I will look for some more.

Also hitting the rang every 3 weeks instead of every 2 weeks.

I hate to say it but maybe a 1 box limit should be put in place until this shortage is over. Feel bad for the folks that can't hit Walmart at 7am when the ammo gets put out.
What??? This simply can't be!!! Ammo Is gone forever and never coming back LOL! Keep an eye on these guys that are buying stuff like crazy. They are usually the people who spent their truck payment on guns an ammo and need the money back.

Old 05-22-2013, 01:06 AM   #72

Liked 385 Times on 215 Posts

Walmart by me has a bunch of 380 and some 9mm as well. Plus the 270 and such.

Old 05-22-2013, 01:22 AM   #73
FTF_SUPPORTER.png

Liked 828 Times on 505 Posts
Likes Given: 326

3boxes of .45 tonight...

In the habit of checking when there...!

If It Were Easy, They Would Not Call It Work, And Everyone Would Do It

Old 05-22-2013, 10:16 AM   #74

Liked 813 Times on 541 Posts
Likes Given: 496

How about this idea: All of the ammo manufacturers should say, "no more ammo for 6 months." They continue to stockpile it, and make it. Meanwhile, we don't have to have any more ammo at Walmart discussions, or go hunting around for it, or worry about it. When the ammo is released, there would be plenty, and things may slip back to normal. The down side is for the manufacturers, admittedly. They wouldn't see any money coming in for 6 months. Probably not doable.

Old 05-22-2013, 10:23 AM   #75

Liked 136 Times on 123 Posts
Likes Given: 33

Quote:
Originally Posted by clr8ter View Post
How about this idea: All of the ammo manufacturers should say, "no more ammo for 6 months." They continue to stockpile it, and make it. Meanwhile, we don't have to have any more ammo at Walmart discussions, or go hunting around for it, or worry about it. When the ammo is released, there would be plenty, and things may slip back to normal. The down side is for the manufacturers, admittedly. They wouldn't see any money coming in for 6 months. Probably not doable.
While I get your point....this could still be done on the demand side of the curve. I just got myself built up to a place where I can lay off buying for a little while....everyone just needs to calm down, stop chasing the delivery trucks, standing in lines, paying too much, etc. We, firearms owners, can control this situation....if everyone just calms down and stops cleaning out the shelves everyday. Even when I needed ammo, I bought a box or two a week and passed on purchases when a store supply was low, price was too high, etc.

-AP

“The beauty of the Second Amendment is that it will not be needed until they try to take it.”
― Thomas Jefferson

“The constitution shall never be construed...to prevent the people of the United States who are peaceable citizens from keeping their own arms.”
― Alexander Hamilton

Old 05-22-2013, 10:35 AM   #76

Liked 181 Times on 134 Posts

Yeah, this is caused by everyone buying up everything they see. Honestly, I've bought ONE box from walmart since the crisis, not a single over priced round or firearm, and asked every over priced dealer what drugs they were on. If everyone had the same mentality there would no longer be an issue

Old 05-22-2013, 10:56 AM   #77
Concealed Carry Instructor
FTF_SUPPORTER.png

Liked 870 Times on 578 Posts
Likes Given: 220

Quote:
Originally Posted by austin92 View Post
Yeah, this is caused by everyone buying up everything they see. Honestly, I've bought ONE box from walmart since the crisis, not a single over priced round or firearm, and asked every over priced dealer what drugs they were on. If everyone had the same mentality there would no longer be an issue
I am guilty. I purchased 500 rounds from Wal-Mart three months ago, .40mm and I don't own that caliber gun! I have a conversion barrel for my Glock 10mm now, a recent purchase just so I could use the ammo in a SHTF emergency.

Old 05-22-2013, 12:19 PM   #78

Liked 136 Times on 123 Posts
Likes Given: 33

Quote:
Originally Posted by AR10 View Post

I am guilty. I purchased 500 rounds from Wal-Mart three months ago, .40mm and I don't own that caliber gun! I have a conversion barrel for my Glock 10mm now, a recent purchase just so I could use the ammo in a SHTF emergency.
Lol...admitting you have a problem is the first step.....

-AP

“The beauty of the Second Amendment is that it will not be needed until they try to take it.”
― Thomas Jefferson

“The constitution shall never be construed...to prevent the people of the United States who are peaceable citizens from keeping their own arms.”
― Alexander Hamilton

Old 05-23-2013, 07:50 PM   #79

Liked 3 Times on 3 Posts

Why exactly is it a problem to buy it when you see it as long as it isn't at an inflated price. Not buying it and leaving it for the next one doesn't make sense to me. Pre crunch I would buy 2-3 boxes whenever I was at the store just as I would now or post shortage. This is why I'm prepared and not panicking about low stock while the others are stranding at the counter with the shakes of withdrawal cause they done have one single .22. And for anyone dissing Walmart it makes no sense. They have had very little markup on their ammo. And in a supply and demand market they have the supply folks. We should be applauding them for not putting a high price tag on the items that we want that they have. Thank you. And god bless the united stated of America.

Old 05-24-2013, 12:41 AM   #80

Liked 3 Times on 3 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by mnsquatch
Why exactly is it a problem to buy it when you see it as long as it isn't at an inflated price. Not buying it and leaving it for the next one doesn't make sense to me. Pre crunch I would buy 2-3 boxes whenever I was at the store just as I would now or post shortage. This is why I'm prepared and not panicking about low stock while the others are stranding at the counter with the shakes of withdrawal cause they done have one single .22. And for anyone dissing Walmart it makes no sense. They have had very little markup on their ammo. And in a supply and demand market they have the supply folks. We should be applauding them for not putting a high price tag on the items that we want that they have. Thank you. And god bless the united stated of America.
Nothing wrong with doing what you always do. The people who are stocking up on thousands of rounds and the ones buying and reselling are the problem.

Wouldn't it be nice to only have to keep defense ammo in your house and when you head out To shoot you can stop the local store to pick of what you need to shoot that day. Like going to the store and picking up a some milk.

The only way it will get back to that is if people stop hoarding or ammo manufacturers expand.