Walmart - Page 2
Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com > Gear & Accessories > Ammunition & Reloading > Walmart

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 05-04-2013, 06:30 PM   #11
Feedback Score: 0 reviews

Liked 1098 Times on 658 Posts
Likes Given: 55

Quote:
Originally Posted by mnsquatch
If the app says its in stock it could mean anything from it is on the truck to it is in the shelf. Figure out when they unload the truck and be decent to the employee who has what you want. Remember that kid behind the counter makes the same per hour if there is Ammo for you as he does when the shelf is bare. So yes the app might say there is ammo in stock but if its on a truck the store isn't going to tell you it's in so that they don't have a bunch of guys hanging out at the counter all pissed off that its not available until after it is unloaded and stocked like the other merchandise.
I've tried all hours of the day and it is still the same answer. I called at 2 in the morning this morning and still NO even though I was just there the night before.

Old 05-04-2013, 11:08 PM   #12

Liked 50 Times on 29 Posts

So I looked at the Wal-Mart app again, and it said there was a limited supply of 40s&w at a nearby store. So I decided to give it a try and sure enough there they were. 3 boxes of 100 rounds of fmj. So I bought them, and then for the heck of it, checked the app an hour later and it said they were out of stock. So apparently it is pretty accurate

Old 05-04-2013, 11:39 PM   #13

Liked 136 Times on 123 Posts
Likes Given: 33

I am certain that the app works...I just do not think that the Walmart in my area is getting much. I talk to the guys when I am in there and they remember pretty well what comes in..it is just never what I am looking for.

-AP

“The beauty of the Second Amendment is that it will not be needed until they try to take it.”
― Thomas Jefferson

“The constitution shall never be construed...to prevent the people of the United States who are peaceable citizens from keeping their own arms.”
― Alexander Hamilton

Old 05-05-2013, 04:53 AM   #14

Liked 262 Times on 166 Posts

Well I can tell you for 100% certainty that the walmart app works and is extremely accurate! I have purchased too much ammo for it to be wrong! For one, I dont recommend calling at all. They will just feed you BS and nothing you can do about it.
Wednesday night in Lexington , Ky. Walmart showed limited stock on Federal 9mm. Went in with a friend, asked them about the ammo, reply was if its not in the case, then we dont have it! Explained the app, how accurate it is and asked them to check the back or let me talk to a manager! Left there with 3 boxes each.
Friday night, walmart close by my house in Louisville showed 5.56 420 count ammo boxes limited stock. Went there around 11:30, nothing in the case. Argued my point with the app, and asked them to check the back for me. Left there with 1260 rounds of 5.56!
Saturday night, app showed a different store close by having 45 acp in stock. Asked about it, they said if it wasnt in the case they didnt have it! Called BS, told them about the app! This store tried a different approach saying that they are no longer allowed to sell ammo at night, I would have to wait till 7:00 am to get some! Called BS again, and explained my purchase at 11:30 the night before. Walked out with 3 50 round boxes of 45's.
The app works!!! Try to be nice, but persistent and not let them blow smoke up your a$$ which they will try every time, and your ammo count will grow a little larger.

Old 05-05-2013, 12:15 PM   #15

Quote:
Originally Posted by 1turkeyhunter View Post
Well I can tell you for 100% certainty that the walmart app works and is extremely accurate! I have purchased too much ammo for it to be wrong! For one, I dont recommend calling at all. They will just feed you BS and nothing you can do about it.
Wednesday night in Lexington , Ky. Walmart showed limited stock on Federal 9mm. Went in with a friend, asked them about the ammo, reply was if its not in the case, then we dont have it! Explained the app, how accurate it is and asked them to check the back or let me talk to a manager! Left there with 3 boxes each.
Friday night, walmart close by my house in Louisville showed 5.56 420 count ammo boxes limited stock. Went there around 11:30, nothing in the case. Argued my point with the app, and asked them to check the back for me. Left there with 1260 rounds of 5.56!
Saturday night, app showed a different store close by having 45 acp in stock. Asked about it, they said if it wasnt in the case they didnt have it! Called BS, told them about the app! This store tried a different approach saying that they are no longer allowed to sell ammo at night, I would have to wait till 7:00 am to get some! Called BS again, and explained my purchase at 11:30 the night before. Walked out with 3 50 round boxes of 45's.
The app works!!! Try to be nice, but persistent and not let them blow smoke up your a$$ which they will try every time, and your ammo count will grow a little larger.
That's great for you! Let me tell you with 100% accuracy how the WalMart ammo goes in my hometown (one store in our town) whatever ammo came in the truck that night is reported to sporting goods in a pre-stock report at 5p or 530p...this is when the line of usual suspects begins to form. Whatever ammo does come..it hits the counter between 630 and 730p. EVERYTHING that is not rifle ammo or 12 ga. Bird shot, is split amongst the line of people....on the spot. I have been In this line a total of three times..and walked away empty handed all three times. The ammo referenced in pre-stock also has not shown up on my app. While awaiting in line.
My main point is not whether or not the app works bit that the WalMarts in my area are receiving two boxes of ammo a day most of the time (that is single boxes, not cases) ...so that is why I say...why waste my time....I picked up 100 .22, 50 .40 FMJ, and 100 .50 cal. BP round ball this weekend At LGS and paid 2.50 more than Walmart prices...not gonna worry about 2.50 diff. And LGS is happy to get my business.

-AP

“The beauty of the Second Amendment is that it will not be needed until they try to take it.”
― Thomas Jefferson

“The constitution shall never be construed...to prevent the people of the United States who are peaceable citizens from keeping their own arms.”
― Alexander Hamilton

Old 05-05-2013, 12:26 PM   #16

Liked 22 Times on 21 Posts
Likes Given: 3

Well the Walmart App let me score again. Wife and I got up early and was in line at 6am (only one that beat us was my neighbor) we where #2&3 in line. We each got 3 boxes of 555 bulk Winchester. And they are NOT FIR SALE. lol

image-376659381.jpg

Old 05-05-2013, 12:33 PM   #17

Liked 1028 Times on 685 Posts
Likes Given: 677

Yesterday, I made the effort to be at Walmart for the 7AM ammo stock-up time. There was aline of about 12 people. They all knew each other, and I have been told they are all buying for a LGS who marks it up. Guys kinda a dick, and I don't shop there. So THE CART gets wheeled out, and the old guy announces "Only shotshells!" Never seen a crowd disperse quicker. 10 seconds, everyone's gone.

What a waste of time. I hate Walmart.

P.S. You know, now that I think of it, Walmart has NEVER had decent stock. Even before the ammo shortage, it was normal to go in there, and come out pissed, because of all the holes in their shelves. Or they had a ton of crap you didn't want, and nothing you did.

Last edited by clr8ter; 05-05-2013 at 12:40 PM.

Old 05-05-2013, 03:34 PM   #18

Quote:
Originally Posted by apwvsd40ve

That's great for you! Let me tell you with 100% accuracy how the WalMart ammo goes in my hometown (one store in our town) whatever ammo came in the truck that night is reported to sporting goods in a pre-stock report at 5p or 530p...this is when the line of usual suspects begins to form. Whatever ammo does come..it hits the counter between 630 and 730p. EVERYTHING that is not rifle ammo or 12 ga. Bird shot, is split amongst the line of people....on the spot. I have been In this line a total of three times..and walked away empty handed all three times. The ammo referenced in pre-stock also has not shown up on my app. While awaiting in line.
My main point is not whether or not the app works bit that the WalMarts in my area are receiving two boxes of ammo a day most of the time (that is single boxes, not cases) ...so that is why I say...why waste my time....I picked up 100 .22, 50 .40 FMJ, and 100 .50 cal. BP round ball this weekend At LGS and paid 2.50 more than Walmart prices...not gonna worry about 2.50 diff. And LGS is happy to get my business.
Well that does suck for you! I guess there is a big difference between cities and towns that I really didnt think about. Most of the LGS that I go to close either gouge so bad you cant afford it, or they limit you to one box a day unless your buying a gun. Which I can deal with the limit of boxes, I cannot on the other hand deal with the greedy, price gouging sons-a-b*#%hs! I refuse to step foot back in their door!!! FYI, Buds gun shop in Lexington, Ky. is one guilty of price gouging on their ammo to the point of ridiculous! My buddy and I went in to try and find some 9mm for him cause he had none. While I wasnt paying attention, he bought 2 boxes of TulAmmo 9mm. He asked me if I would buy 2 for him, I said sure. They rung it up, and I about had a heart attack!!!! 52 dollars and some change for 100 rounds of TulAmmo!!! I told them there was no effin way I would pay that!!
Anyway, I am happy that the app works for me, i wish it worked for you too! I only buy what I need, as I am at the range 2 times a week. Good luck in the future!

Old 05-08-2013, 01:37 AM   #19

More info.on the Walmart app and Walmart product stocking....... I stored in my local Walmart at the normal ammo stock time of 7:30pm. Th ere was no line so I asked the clerk if I missed the shipment. He told me that they did not get anything tonight. Told him that I noticed this to be a problem at this particular Walmart and he said that shipments are per capita so my local Walmart does not get the stock that others do. I told him about the success of the app. In other markets and he said that Walmart created a bug so that the app did not notify of the stock and it had really cUT down on the lines. I have no reason to think he is lying...and he did not go into specifics about the "bug"....interesting none the less!

-AP

― Thomas Jefferson

― Alexander Hamilton

Old 05-08-2013, 10:34 AM   #20

No bug here, heading to walmart now, showing 45's, 9mm, and .22's. Hoping for another small victory this morning.