Walmart - Page 13
Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com > Gear & Accessories > Ammunition & Reloading > Walmart

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 07-25-2013, 12:21 PM   #121
FTF_SUPPORTER.png
Feedback Score: 0 reviews

Liked 1069 Times on 718 Posts
Likes Given: 1626

Quote:
Originally Posted by mnsquatch View Post
Just an observation from my trips to Walmart this week. Throughout the bullet crunch or shortage (whatever you wanna call it) there has always been hunting rifle rounds. Tonight not a 30-06 in sight. Went to a second store just to check and out as well. They did have 45. / 9mm / 5.56 at each. My suspicion is the same guys that were buying up the handgun and "assault rifle" rounds to resell on arms-list at double the price are getting a jump on their supplies prior to hunting season. Thoughts????
FWIW, a lot less expensive and time effective for me to buy ammo online only. I buy my bird seed and toothpaste at Walmart...

Old 07-25-2013, 11:00 PM   #122

Liked 3 Times on 3 Posts

Today I watched Wally mark up every ammo item. Not by much, but enough to notice. Good luck friends. Fortunately it's getting better

Old 07-29-2013, 09:46 AM   #123
disappointed & disgusted, But DETERMINED...
FTF_LIFETIMESUPPORTER.png

Liked 3371 Times on 2282 Posts
Likes Given: 710

Default Need email

Quote:
Originally Posted by mnsquatch View Post
Today I watched Wally mark up every ammo item. Not by much, but enough to notice. Good luck friends. Fortunately it's getting better
Someone please post the email for Walmart corp. hq. this is getting stupid now. Any one with a 3rd grade education can see that SOMEONE working in the store is hoarding it!

"The difference between a successful person and others is not a lack of strength, not a lack of knowledge, but rather in a lack of will." Vince Lombardi

"No One, and I MEAN NO ONE Craps on me and Gets away with it!!! Those days are gone...

Old 08-06-2013, 10:03 AM   #124

Liked 46 Times on 30 Posts

I actually went to my wal mart last week and they had everything on the shelf. I was frickin shocked. They had 22 325 rnd boxes, 9mm federal and www 100 values, 45 50rnd boxes fed and www, 357, 38sp, 44mag, 380, and 40sw. Plus some hp 223 boxes. Only thing I didnt see is what I wanted at that time and it was federal 223 100rnd val pack. Damn! I havent seen ammo shelf at walmart look like that in almost a yr. There was a line of guys just waiting for someone with a foid to sell. Seriously, about 20 people.

spit hell fire

Old 08-06-2013, 10:11 AM   #125

Quote:
Originally Posted by DrFootball View Post

Someone please post the email for Walmart corp. hq. this is getting stupid now. Any one with a 3rd grade education can see that SOMEONE working in the store is hoarding it!
I already posted about this. They r hoarding it. The only person at my wal marr that ever brings ammo out the back when I ask is a girl that doesnt care about it. She even told me they get pissed when she walks back there and grabs it. I went to another and got cool wirh the guy and he told me his boss takes almost all tge 9mm and 45 and calls his friends to come n buy it. He could only sell 3 boxes under 1 transaction. So he rings them up a bunch of seperate times. I know because the guy I got good with actually told me where he hides it under the register in sport goods in the white cabinet with a lock on it. He unlocked it and reached in the back in an unmarked box and there was a whole case of fed 9mm and about half case of 40sw fed. I got pissed and the clerk felt bad so he ended uo selling them all to me. Under 4 different transactions. So I KNOW that they r doing it. Just cant go to tge wal marts with managers that shoot also. Youll never get ammo.

spit hell fire

Old 08-20-2013, 08:44 PM   #126
FTF_SUPPORTER.png

Liked 1069 Times on 718 Posts
Likes Given: 1626

Quote:
Originally Posted by johnr1943 View Post
FWIW, a lot less expensive and time effective for me to buy ammo online only. I buy my bird seed and toothpaste at Walmart...
(I really don't like to quote myself)

Today - while buying birdseed, and a couple other household items, I strolled back to glance at the normally bare ammo case. Shock upon shock!!! They had ammo. The "sales associate" said my wife and I could each buy 3 boxes (100 rounds/box) of Winchester 9mm... I bought a total of 2 boxes - $.25/round!! (replaced what we used last week). Still prefer to buy online though - when the price is right...

Old 08-31-2013, 02:24 AM   #127

Wow!!!! Walmart had 5.56 xm855 1000rnd cases for 449.00 today. They had 4 cases. Also had alot of misc ammo lile 45 40 and so on. I havent seen that longer than a year.

spit hell fire

Old 08-31-2013, 04:55 AM   #128

Liked 13 Times on 11 Posts
Likes Given: 2

Went to Walmart and Gander Mountain today. Walmart shelves were empty of any handgun ammo. Gander mountain had everything, even .22lr. Prices are still high especially on the .22, but they were in stock. Maybe if people do not buy them prices will come down. I walked out empty handed and told the guy working there that prices are still too high (Like that will do a lot of good!).

The great questions of the day will not be settled by means of speeches and majority decisions but by iron and blood.

Old 08-31-2013, 06:59 AM   #129
disappointed & disgusted, But DETERMINED...
FTF_LIFETIMESUPPORTER.png

Liked 3371 Times on 2282 Posts
Likes Given: 710

Quote:
Originally Posted by tomingreeneco
Went to Walmart and Gander Mountain today. Walmart shelves were empty of any handgun ammo. Gander mountain had everything, even .22lr. Prices are still high especially on the .22, but they were in stock. Maybe if people do not buy them prices will come down. I walked out empty handed and told the guy working there that prices are still too high (Like that will do a lot of good!).
Went to the other Wally World, About 45 minutes away since the DW had a medical Appt. out that way. No handgun ammo at all(again) grabbed 20ga. & 410. Rolled my motorized cart up to the dept check out. Casually mentioned again that the Walmart in my town is staffed by crooked managers. Said no handgun ammo? She said " turn around" and there is her co worker with 3 doz. asst. boxes on a motorized dolly. Got two 100 rd boxes of 38's and 1 9mm, along with my shotgun shells. Meet wife at checkout...happy wife happy life....

"The difference between a successful person and others is not a lack of strength, not a lack of knowledge, but rather in a lack of will." Vince Lombardi

"No One, and I MEAN NO ONE Craps on me and Gets away with it!!! Those days are gone...

Old 08-31-2013, 07:37 AM   #130

Liked 47 Times on 33 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by beretta9988
Walmart near me had 40 and 9mm yesterday. Did not buy any since I am stocked. Not going contribute to the shortage by buying ammo I might not use for a few months.

I run into a bunch of people in the ammo aisle who have no intention of leaving any ammo on the shelf. One guy has 2000 rounds of 9mm and is still buying what ever he sees.

I have 700 rounds and jut going to ration it over the next months. I hit the range and bring 50 rounds with me and buy a box of 50 at the range. When I get down to 400 I will look for some more.

Also hitting the rang every 3 weeks instead of every 2 weeks.

I hate to say it but maybe a 1 box limit should be put in place until this shortage is over. Feel bad for the folks that can't hit Walmart at 7am when the ammo gets put out.
I'm guessing the 3 box limit per person, per day, isn't a nationwide policy? All 7 of the Wally worlds in my area all have this limit.