Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com

Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com (http://www.firearmstalk.com/forums/)
-   Ammunition & Reloading (http://www.firearmstalk.com/forums/f30/)
-   -   Walmart (http://www.firearmstalk.com/forums/f30/walmart-89989/)

mnsquatch 05-03-2013 02:28 AM

Walmart

Well. Thanks to studying the Walmart app, I've got the delivery and the shelf sticking down to a near science. Been regularly getting 22's, 223's, and now 9mm. Just have patience. It's slowly coming around.

apwvsd40ve 05-03-2013 03:18 AM

Glad it is working for you...I have given up on Walmart..would rather give my money to an LGS anyway...and my Walmart is not getting ANYTHING with regular ity...and same guys buYing up everything that does come in.

john300k 05-03-2013 04:14 AM

Went to Gander Mountain tonight and picked up some .22lr. They had some behind the gun counter and you could only get 100 rounds per person, I got 200 with the wife... first time this year at Gander...CCI to boot.

locutus 05-04-2013 12:01 AM

It's slowly starting to come back everywhere.

This has happened before, and it will happen again.

when the supply is normal, don't go clean out the store, but buy a box or two every week and when the next shortage hits, you'll be prepared.

IvanKaz 05-04-2013 05:08 AM

I was able to get 300 rounds of 9mm earlier (thanks to the Wal-Mart app).
I also noticed that other sites in my area (Buffalo NY) are starting to get some ammo in stock.

Fathead00 05-04-2013 07:13 AM

F**K the Walmart app!!! I've been calling the past two weeks each time it says a local store has ammo and everytime they say NO. I've called several times during the day and even early in the morning and still the same answer. :(

austin92 05-04-2013 11:33 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Fathead00
F**K the Walmart app!!! I've been calling the past two weeks each time it says a local store has ammo and everytime they say NO. I've called several times during the day and even early in the morning and still the same answer. :(

Most places just say that cause they don't wanna deal with this whole ammo shortage

mnsquatch 05-04-2013 03:29 PM

If the app says its in stock it could mean anything from it is on the truck to it is in the shelf. Figure out when they unload the truck and be decent to the employee who has what you want. Remember that kid behind the counter makes the same per hour if there is Ammo for you as he does when the shelf is bare. So yes the app might say there is ammo in stock but if its on a truck the store isn't going to tell you it's in so that they don't have a bunch of guys hanging out at the counter all pissed off that its not available until after it is unloaded and stocked like the other merchandise.

cotex 05-04-2013 06:51 PM

Fired the app up today and it says that there rounds to buy we'll see about that

john300k 05-04-2013 07:12 PM

Went to the brand new Gander Mountain Firearms Super Center in Monroe NC. The place was packed and you could buy 5 boxes per caliber. They had every kind of ammo, but the .22lr you could only get two boxes of 100 round CCI's.