Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com > Gear & Accessories > Ammunition & Reloading > walmart :/

Reply
 
LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 04-10-2013, 05:24 PM   #21
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
 
apwvsd40ve's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2013
Location: West Virginia
Posts: 551
Liked 136 Times on 123 Posts
Likes Given: 33

Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by locutus View Post
I get so sick of the damn anti Wal-Mart whining. For Gawd's sake take that crap to the conspiracy forum.
As I said, my post could have been frustration on my part...while you may consider this a "conspiracy "....I feel that it speaks directly to the ammo situation we are in...I am no hoarder...I just wanted to replace what I use. You do have a valid point that it was a gripe but I do not believe this forum prevents posts of this nature.
__________________

-AP

“The beauty of the Second Amendment is that it will not be needed until they try to take it.”
― Thomas Jefferson

“The constitution shall never be construed...to prevent the people of the United States who are peaceable citizens from keeping their own arms.”
― Alexander Hamilton

apwvsd40ve is offline  
 
Reply With Quote
Old 04-14-2013, 12:14 AM   #22
Crazy Azz Redneck
FTF_SUPPORTER.png
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
 
Txhillbilly's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2008
Posts: 3,407
Liked 1080 Times on 620 Posts
Likes Given: 506

Default

I look at it this way-If you are foolish/dumb enough not to have at least a years worth of ammo for your weapons/or the components to load that ammo,then you deserve to be left out in the cold without any ammo!
If they stopped producing ammo,I could shoot just about any of my weapons weekly for the rest of my life with what I keep stored up. I haven't bought any factory ammo in many,many years,but when I did buy it,I bought a case or two at a time when I found it on sell back then.

Be prepared-Not a Victim!

__________________
Txhillbilly is offline  
Mongo Likes This 
Reply With Quote
Old 04-14-2013, 02:32 AM   #23
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
 
1turkeyhunter's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2012
Posts: 375
Liked 224 Times on 135 Posts

Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Txhillbilly
I look at it this way-If you are foolish/dumb enough not to have at least a years worth of ammo for your weapons/or the components to load that ammo,then you deserve to be left out in the cold without any ammo!
If they stopped producing ammo,I could shoot just about any of my weapons weekly for the rest of my life with what I keep stored up. I haven't bought any factory ammo in many,many years,but when I did buy it,I bought a case or two at a time when I found it on sell back then.

Be prepared-Not a Victim!
Hey Mr. Hillbilly,
Sooooo, Im gonna say that I am one of those dummies you are talking about.... But, since I consider myself somewhat new to firearms, I havent had the opportunity to store up years and years of ammo! As are many people on this forum! So no, I dont see where I deserve to be without sh!t!
What exactly is a years worth, if you dont mind me asking, cause Im on this forum to learn so please enlighten me??? Cause technically I can make a box of .45's last a year, or 5 minutes, kinda depends on how much I shoot dont it. I am in fact happy to hear that I will not be competing against you for the last box of 9mm that walmart has...... Hell, im so dumb Id prolly grab the last box of tampax instead. And I am truely sorry, but as I do make a decent income, unfortunately I wasnt born with a silver spoon in my a$$ so I personally can not afford to purchase multiple cases of ammo at one time. But god willing, ill hit the lotto and then I too can leave worthless comments on this very forum to those not as fortunate to have it all! You sir inspire me!
__________________
1turkeyhunter is offline  
DFlynt Likes This 
Reply With Quote
Old 04-14-2013, 03:00 AM   #24
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
 
apwvsd40ve's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2013
Location: West Virginia
Posts: 551
Liked 136 Times on 123 Posts
Likes Given: 33

Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by 1turkeyhunter View Post

Hey Mr. Hillbilly,
Sooooo, Im gonna say that I am one of those dummies you are talking about.... But, since I consider myself somewhat new to firearms, I havent had the opportunity to store up years and years of ammo! As are many people on this forum! So no, I dont see where I deserve to be without sh!t!
What exactly is a years worth, if you dont mind me asking, cause Im on this forum to learn so please enlighten me??? Cause technically I can make a box of .45's last a year, or 5 minutes, kinda depends on how much I shoot dont it. I am in fact happy to hear that I will not be competing against you for the last box of 9mm that walmart has...... Hell, im so dumb Id prolly grab the last box of tampax instead. And I am truely sorry, but as I do make a decent income, unfortunately I wasnt born with a silver spoon in my a$$ so I personally can not afford to purchase multiple cases of ammo at one time. But god willing, ill hit the lotto and then I too can leave worthless comments on this very forum to those not as fortunate to have it all! You sir inspire me!
Agreed...new to handguns...certainly have ammo to last for all my long guns...handgun- buying a box or two a week as that is what I can afford..it would take me quite some time to build up that stockpile...but am starting the abc's of reloading as we speak so that I do not have to worry about the time it takes me to track down 100 rounds of 40 every week...and that time had been significant..averaging 3-5 hours a week calling, driving, and waiting in line....sucks...if I had only known 10 years ago that I would get into handguns....guess hind sight is 20-20...its cold out here for sure!
__________________

-AP

“The beauty of the Second Amendment is that it will not be needed until they try to take it.”
― Thomas Jefferson

“The constitution shall never be construed...to prevent the people of the United States who are peaceable citizens from keeping their own arms.”
― Alexander Hamilton

apwvsd40ve is offline  
DFlynt Likes This 
Reply With Quote
Old 04-14-2013, 03:09 AM   #25
Camo, you are lucky to see it.
FTF_SUPPORTER.png
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
 
KG7IL's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2010
Location: Eatonville,Washington. My nearest neighbors are cows.
Posts: 2,414
Liked 1702 Times on 942 Posts
Likes Given: 5175

Default

I've been following the stock in the local walmart.
What few .243 .270 and some .410 pdx they have has been dwindling.

The counter guy said "Everything we got in last nite is gone" funny that there was no evidence of any stock .....

KG7IL is offline  
 
Reply With Quote
Old 04-14-2013, 03:16 AM   #26
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
 
apwvsd40ve's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2013
Location: West Virginia
Posts: 551
Liked 136 Times on 123 Posts
Likes Given: 33

Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by KG7IL View Post
I've been following the stock in the local walmart.
What few .243 .270 and some .410 pdx they have has been dwindling.

The counter guy said "Everything we got in last nite is gone" funny that there was no evidence of any stock .....
I have a Walmart a couple of minutes from the house...they stock at 7pm in sporting goods...i have hit it before and after 7 but never on the button until last night. (with no luck) The line to wait was 8 deep....and what came out of back was one box of 9mm and one box of 20 gauge 00 buck. The stock report indicated more and I know this Bc the employee at the counter said this to the group..where did it go? Hmmm...

Additionally the app has simply started to say that everything is out of stock at all of the local walmarts in my area over the last week...i check it three times a day.
__________________

-AP

“The beauty of the Second Amendment is that it will not be needed until they try to take it.”
― Thomas Jefferson

“The constitution shall never be construed...to prevent the people of the United States who are peaceable citizens from keeping their own arms.”
― Alexander Hamilton

apwvsd40ve is offline  
 
Reply With Quote
Old 04-14-2013, 04:21 AM   #27
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
 
nosaj's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2012
Posts: 734
Liked 286 Times on 193 Posts

Default

The walmart app has worked for me every time for both .223 and 7.62x39. You can talk crap on wm but they are THE yes THE cheapest place to buy ammo when in stock.
$5.27/ box of 20 .223
$34.99/ box of 100 rem .223
$5.17/ box of 7.62x39
$21/box of 100 9mm

__________________
nosaj is offline  
 
Reply With Quote
Old 04-14-2013, 11:34 AM   #28
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
 
apwvsd40ve's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2013
Location: West Virginia
Posts: 551
Liked 136 Times on 123 Posts
Likes Given: 33

Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by nosaj View Post
The walmart app has worked for me every time for both .223 and 7.62x39. You can talk crap on wm but they are THE yes THE cheapest place to buy ammo when in stock.
$5.27/ box of 20 .223
$34.99/ box of 100 rem .223
$5.17/ box of 7.62x39
$21/box of 100 9mm
I absolutely agree with you that they are the cheapest ammo source....that is why I have spent a great deal of time trying to find ammo at one of the 7 or so walmarts within a 40 mile radius of my home... I am simply reporting my findings in my area...it seems that they are either not receiving it....or that it is disapearing before it becomes inventory. If you want to call what I said "talking crap"...so be it...but if you follow this post and others on this subject...you will find that I liked the app. Some Weeks back...when the ammo was showing up in the supply chain. Right now, in my area..this app continually says out of stock for every type of ammo that I seek.
__________________

-AP

“The beauty of the Second Amendment is that it will not be needed until they try to take it.”
― Thomas Jefferson

“The constitution shall never be construed...to prevent the people of the United States who are peaceable citizens from keeping their own arms.”
― Alexander Hamilton

apwvsd40ve is offline  
 
Reply With Quote
Old 04-14-2013, 12:00 PM   #29
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
 
Chainfire's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2009
Posts: 3,208
Liked 1060 Times on 685 Posts
Likes Given: 266

Default

I have no doubt that the sporting goods managers are taking advantage of the situation to shower their friends with favors.

I had a frank discussion with one of the sporting-goods managers on Friday night. He tells me that he will receive sometimes only one box of ammo, sometimes none at all, sometimes a handful of boxes. He never knows what is coming until the truck unloads.

All of the Walmarts in my area are out of all pistol ammo and have been for months. When just a few boxes arrive, they disappear as soon as they hit the shelf.

The only rifle ammo available are odd calibers. I have found it interesting to see what remains on the shelves.

__________________

"It is better to be too skeptical then too credulous"

Carl Sagan

Chainfire is offline  
 
Reply With Quote
Old 04-14-2013, 12:17 PM   #30
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
 
Join Date: Jan 2013
Posts: 33
Liked 8 Times on 4 Posts

Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by apwvsd40ve

Agreed...new to handguns...certainly have ammo to last for all my long guns...handgun- buying a box or two a week as that is what I can afford..it would take me quite some time to build up that stockpile...but am starting the abc's of reloading as we speak so that I do not have to worry about the time it takes me to track down 100 rounds of 40 every week...and that time had been significant..averaging 3-5 hours a week calling, driving, and waiting in line....sucks...if I had only known 10 years ago that I would get into handguns....guess hind sight is 20-20...its cold out here for sure!
Same here, just built an AR and got maybe 200 rounds of ammo before **** hit the fan price wise. So I figured I'd start reloading. Can't find equipment anywhere. Got a press, primers, and powder. Unfortunately can't get a case resizer or bullets that are in any normal weight. Found some 30 something grain VMAX and some 72 grain SP. neither shoot very well in my set up.
__________________
firemonkey150 is offline  
 
Reply With Quote
Reply

Thread Tools
Display Modes


Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Firearms Forum Replies Last Post
WOW My Walmart actually... DFlynt The Club House 24 01-29-2013 03:45 AM
walmart. tacticalfun AR-15 Discussion 14 05-24-2012 07:14 PM
Ammo at Walmart Armadiloroadkil .22 Rifle/Rimfire Discussion 29 03-15-2012 07:12 PM
Walmart Boycott!!!!! ninjatoth NFA/Class 3 & FFL Discussion 109 02-29-2012 01:53 PM
Velocitors from Walmart Einstein Ammunition & Reloading 1 08-06-2007 03:33 PM