walmart :/
Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com > Gear & Accessories > Ammunition & Reloading > walmart :/

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 04-09-2013, 02:13 AM   #1
Feedback Score: 0 reviews

Liked 136 Times on 123 Posts
Likes Given: 33

Default walmart :/

Perhaps this is just frustration from the time that we are in..but the folks at my local Walmart sporting goods section are really starting to anger me. Everytime I go in there at the "best time" I have either just missed the ammo I need or it did not come in. I sent my wife tonight and they just looked at her funny until she was so uncomfortable that she left (I was quick to straighten that out with a phone call). I, and others, believe they are purchasing it before it hits the floor....is anyone else experiencing this....or am I just frustrated?

-AP

“The beauty of the Second Amendment is that it will not be needed until they try to take it.”
― Thomas Jefferson

“The constitution shall never be construed...to prevent the people of the United States who are peaceable citizens from keeping their own arms.”
― Alexander Hamilton

Join FirearmsTalk.com Today - It's Free!

Are you a firearms enthusiast? Then we hope you will join the community. You will gain access to post, create threads, private message, upload images, join groups and more.

Firearms Talk is owned and operated by fellow firearms enthusiasts. We strive to offer a non-commercial community to learn and share information.

Join FirearmsTalk.com Today! - Click Here

Old 04-09-2013, 02:15 AM   #2
10-32
FTF_SUPPORTER.png

Liked 2917 Times on 1718 Posts

The employees tend to have backroom deals with friends and lgs from what I've heard.

I don't need No stinking signature.

Last edited by mountainman13; 04-09-2013 at 02:29 AM.
KG7IL Likes This 
Old 04-09-2013, 02:24 AM   #3

Liked 262 Times on 166 Posts

First download the walmart app to see if it actually shows anything in stock at that location, its pretty accurate. That will give you some leg to stand on. If it shows stock and they are saying there is none, then thats when you ask for a manager and let them know that someone is feeding you BS. I did that and found out the ammo was actually on the truck at the dock fixing to be unloaded! The app is very helpful though! Good luck!

Old 04-09-2013, 02:27 AM   #4

Liked 838 Times on 464 Posts
Likes Given: 1735

Default You find out who your friends are....

Me personally.... Now that ammo is starting to turn up at my local Ma & Pa stores and online... I'm DONE getting shooting, sporting and camping supplies at the China puppet, Dick's and Cheaper Than Dirt.

Old 04-09-2013, 03:15 AM   #5

Quote:
Originally Posted by 1turkeyhunter View Post
First download the walmart app to see if it actually shows anything in stock at that location, its pretty accurate. That will give you some leg to stand on. If it shows stock and they are saying there is none, then thats when you ask for a manager and let them know that someone is feeding you BS. I did that and found out the ammo was actually on the truck at the dock fixing to be unloaded! The app is very helpful though! Good luck!
The trouble is that the the app isnot turning up ammo locally for me...well it has but not when i needed it too..lol..it is a bit inconsistent locally...that may be the supply chain though.

-AP

“The beauty of the Second Amendment is that it will not be needed until they try to take it.”
― Thomas Jefferson

“The constitution shall never be construed...to prevent the people of the United States who are peaceable citizens from keeping their own arms.”
― Alexander Hamilton

Old 04-09-2013, 03:18 AM   #6

Quote:
Originally Posted by NC1760 View Post
Me personally.... Now that ammo is starting to turn up at my local Ma & Pa stores and online... I'm DONE getting shooting, sporting and camping supplies at the China puppet, Dick's and Cheaper Than Dirt.
I agree except about online....the fees associated with an ammo purchase online make the cost if the ammo much higher imo ....(midway 15 processing, gander mountain 9 ammo surcharge on any order)

-AP

― Thomas Jefferson

― Alexander Hamilton

Old 04-09-2013, 03:21 AM   #7
McCool@email.com
FTF_SUPPORTER.png

Liked 7783 Times on 4220 Posts
Likes Given: 16454

My brother-in-law became a regular fixture at the Wal-Mart sporting goods counter. After a couple weeks of shooting the bull with the employees, they started putting back ammo for him. I don't think they are buying it for resale, just holding out on the rest of us in favor of their own buddies.

No offense and none taken (̿▀̿ ̿Ĺ̯̿̿▀̿ ̿)̄

Old 04-09-2013, 03:26 AM   #8

Quote:
Originally Posted by MisterMcCool View Post
My brother-in-law became a regular fixture at the Wal-Mart sporting goods counter. After a couple weeks of shooting the bull with the employees, they started putting back ammo for him. I don't think they are buying it for resale, just holding out on the rest of us in favor of their own buddies.
Still BS imo....that is not customer service but chronyism....even if you are the chrony lol...its still not fair to yhe average customer.

-AP

― Thomas Jefferson

― Alexander Hamilton

Old 04-09-2013, 04:32 AM   #9

I never buy ammo from Walmart.
ct

Old 04-09-2013, 04:35 AM   #10

Liked 2391 Times on 1488 Posts
Likes Given: 51

I was at Wally World today. Didn't even stop to look. I have quit even thinking about ammo, unless I get some from my favorite lgs.

Oh dern....

Revelation 19:11

And I saw heaven opened, and behold a white horse; and he that sat upon him was called Faithful and True, and in righteousness he doth judge and make war.