Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com

Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com (http://www.firearmstalk.com/forums/)
-   Ammunition & Reloading (http://www.firearmstalk.com/forums/f30/)
-   -   walmart :/ (http://www.firearmstalk.com/forums/f30/walmart-88458/)

apwvsd40ve 04-09-2013 02:13 AM

walmart :/

Perhaps this is just frustration from the time that we are in..but the folks at my local Walmart sporting goods section are really starting to anger me. Everytime I go in there at the "best time" I have either just missed the ammo I need or it did not come in. I sent my wife tonight and they just looked at her funny until she was so uncomfortable that she left (I was quick to straighten that out with a phone call). I, and others, believe they are purchasing it before it hits the floor....is anyone else experiencing this....or am I just frustrated?

mountainman13 04-09-2013 02:15 AM

The employees tend to have backroom deals with friends and lgs from what I've heard.

1turkeyhunter 04-09-2013 02:24 AM

First download the walmart app to see if it actually shows anything in stock at that location, its pretty accurate. That will give you some leg to stand on. If it shows stock and they are saying there is none, then thats when you ask for a manager and let them know that someone is feeding you BS. I did that and found out the ammo was actually on the truck at the dock fixing to be unloaded! The app is very helpful though! Good luck!

NC1760 04-09-2013 02:27 AM

You find out who your friends are....

Me personally.... Now that ammo is starting to turn up at my local Ma & Pa stores and online... I'm DONE getting shooting, sporting and camping supplies at the China puppet, Dick's and Cheaper Than Dirt. :mad:

apwvsd40ve 04-09-2013 03:15 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by 1turkeyhunter (Post 1207821)
First download the walmart app to see if it actually shows anything in stock at that location, its pretty accurate. That will give you some leg to stand on. If it shows stock and they are saying there is none, then thats when you ask for a manager and let them know that someone is feeding you BS. I did that and found out the ammo was actually on the truck at the dock fixing to be unloaded! The app is very helpful though! Good luck!

The trouble is that the the app isnot turning up ammo locally for me...well it has but not when i needed it too..lol..it is a bit inconsistent locally...that may be the supply chain though.

apwvsd40ve 04-09-2013 03:18 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by NC1760 (Post 1207825)
Me personally.... Now that ammo is starting to turn up at my local Ma & Pa stores and online... I'm DONE getting shooting, sporting and camping supplies at the China puppet, Dick's and Cheaper Than Dirt. :mad:

I agree except about online....the fees associated with an ammo purchase online make the cost if the ammo much higher imo ....(midway 15 processing, gander mountain 9 ammo surcharge on any order)

MisterMcCool 04-09-2013 03:21 AM

My brother-in-law became a regular fixture at the Wal-Mart sporting goods counter. After a couple weeks of shooting the bull with the employees, they started putting back ammo for him. I don't think they are buying it for resale, just holding out on the rest of us in favor of their own buddies.

apwvsd40ve 04-09-2013 03:26 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by MisterMcCool (Post 1207902)
My brother-in-law became a regular fixture at the Wal-Mart sporting goods counter. After a couple weeks of shooting the bull with the employees, they started putting back ammo for him. I don't think they are buying it for resale, just holding out on the rest of us in favor of their own buddies.

Still BS imo....that is not customer service but chronyism....even if you are the chrony lol...its still not fair to yhe average customer.

cottontop 04-09-2013 04:32 AM

I never buy ammo from Walmart.
ct

kytowboater 04-09-2013 04:35 AM

I was at Wally World today. Didn't even stop to look. I have quit even thinking about ammo, unless I get some from my favorite lgs.