Varget powder
Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com > Gear & Accessories > Ammunition & Reloading > Varget powder

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 04-18-2013, 03:51 AM   #1
Feedback Score: 0 reviews

Default Varget powder

Just wanted to share that tonight my wife and I went to Bass Pro In Gurnee, Il to look for a new dog bed. I was curious to look in the reloading-gun section and I was thrilled to find 4 one pound jugs of Varget powder. I have been looking for this stuff for months and here it was. I grabbed 4 (2 for me and 2 for my wife). There was a limit of 2 per person. I was like a kid in a candy shop !!!

Join FirearmsTalk.com Today - It's Free!

Are you a firearms enthusiast? Then we hope you will join the community. You will gain access to post, create threads, private message, upload images, join groups and more.

Firearms Talk is owned and operated by fellow firearms enthusiasts. We strive to offer a non-commercial community to learn and share information.

Join FirearmsTalk.com Today! - Click Here

Old 04-19-2013, 03:41 PM   #2

Liked 205 Times on 131 Posts
Likes Given: 164

While I may not agree on doing that, I can say I understand and don't blame anyone for doing that. I have been looking for some more Win-231 for months now. Down to 3 lbs (Ahhhh). Hope to find some before I get down to 2 lbs.(LOL) These shortages suck.

Stay safe.
Jim

Old 04-20-2013, 12:10 PM   #3

Big Jim...what dont you agree with?

Old 04-20-2013, 10:45 PM   #4

I know what he means and I don't agree with it either. There was a limit of two pounds and you got all four. I would have left the other two pounds for a fellow shooter. Though legal, you got them on a technicality, and I don't think it was ethical. People hoarding components are part of the shortage problem. Personally, I would not admit doing such a selfish deed on a public forum.
ct

Old 04-20-2013, 10:52 PM   #5

Liked 62 Times on 30 Posts
Likes Given: 71

I don't see a problem with it. I could go through 4 pounds pretty quick loading for .223. Hording is people buying it just to stock it and not planning on using it. Would it have been different if he bought a 4lb jug? I bought 1k primers today. Should I have only bought 100 and left 100 for 9 fellow shooters? If you are gonna use it buy it.

Old 04-20-2013, 10:52 PM   #6

Liked 129 Times on 82 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by cottontop View Post
I know what he means and I don't agree with it either. There was a limit of two pounds and you got all four. I would have left the other two pounds for a fellow shooter. Though legal, you got them on a technicality, and I don't think it was ethical. People hoarding components are part of the shortage problem. Personally, I would not admit doing such a selfish deed on a public forum.
ct
Some places have started to say 'per family.' Helps prevent that issue.

Old 04-20-2013, 11:21 PM   #7

Default powder

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kdub View Post
I don't see a problem with it. I could go through 4 pounds pretty quick loading for .223. Hording is people buying it just to stock it and not planning on using it. Would it have been different if he bought a 4lb jug? I bought 1k primers today. Should I have only bought 100 and left 100 for 9 fellow shooters? If you are gonna use it buy it.

No, because the 4# jug is one sku unit. When you bought the primers, did they ring up one price 10 times or one price? Did you go out to buy primers specifically, or to buy a dog bed and then saw the primers?

Old 04-21-2013, 01:22 AM   #8

Liked 62 Times on 30 Posts
Likes Given: 71

Quote:
Originally Posted by cottontop View Post
No, because the 4# jug is one sku unit. When you bought the primers, did they ring up one price 10 times or one price? Did you go out to buy primers specifically, or to buy a dog bed and then saw the primers?
I went out to buy an FNX .45. Sadly I only had money for primers. I understand the problem with hoarding and panic buying. It just seems to me the people complaining are the ones who didn't prepare enough ahead of time. Yes the high prices and low availability are driving me crazy, but I have enough to shoot when I want to. Poor planning on someone's part doesnt constitute a crisis on my part. I'm sitting back and waiting just like everyone else. When it does end a lot of people will have paid a lot of money for things that they could have bought at half. When the time comes reap the reward.

Old 04-21-2013, 12:28 PM   #9

I hadn't had any powder since December. It's not like I bought all I could carry and then tried to re-sell it in Gunbroker for triple the price ! I will use the powder and not exploit others that are in need.

Old 04-21-2013, 02:19 PM   #10

Quote:
Originally Posted by cottontop
ct
So I should be ashamed that I bought 4 lbs of powder ? Wow you are sure judgmental.