USA Ammo and remanufactured ammo - Page 2
Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com > Gear & Accessories > Ammunition & Reloading > USA Ammo and remanufactured ammo

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 02-28-2011, 10:55 AM   #11
Feedback Score: 0 reviews

Liked 1 Times on 1 Posts

So I've had time to bang out several rounds of both the 38 Special and the 308s from USA Ammo. Looks like I either ended up lucky or USA Ammo stepped up their quality control. The 38 specials and the 308 Wins were not nearly as dirty as I thought they would be and most of them seemed pretty consistent, I couldnt tell the difference between factory and the USA Ammo stuff. The grouping with the FMJ 308s were no different from Winchester SuperX PowerPoint 150 grain 308s. Both from friend and I were getting 1 inch groups at 100 yards using slow fire from the bench with both brands.
So if you're willing to wait 3-4 weeks for remanufactured ammo, I suppose USA Ammo is alright, but I'd stll be cautious.

I'm already surrounded by half-dead brainless people already, the zombie apocalypse would just give me a reason to be productive and get rid of them.

Old 10-19-2011, 09:21 PM   #12

Likes Given: 1

Default Is USA Ammo still up and running?

I went on the site of USA Ammo and they won't let me in for some reason like they blocked me after all my window shopping....strange. I want to buy some 9mm for my daughters pistol and some 45ACP for me but it seems they are restructuralizing the site or some "DADGUM" thing. Had to put the "dadgum" in there. Well, has anyone in resent times tried going on there???

82ND Airborne 1/505TH "Cold Steel"

Old 10-19-2011, 11:43 PM   #13

I buy a ton of ammo from Georgia Arms. I've bought .308 in bulk and match, 9mm, 40 S&W and 45 ACP, in FMJ and HP. Never had any sort of malfunction due to the ammo, and the .308 168gr match is nearly as accurate as Federal GMM and Black Hills Match. It's new ammo made using name brand components, all well known, and put together by Georgia Arms. I buy mine at gun shows here in Virginia, but they do ship at reasonable rates.

Old 10-20-2011, 12:10 AM   #14
FTF_SUPPORTER.png

Liked 757 Times on 449 Posts
Likes Given: 477

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ruzai View Post
So I decided to take a chance and buy remanufactured ammo. Since the banner for USA Ammo kept poping up on the forum I figured I'd see how good the prices are. Everything looked well and good enough form behind a computer screen, but once you start to buy from them you see how deep the bullcrap gets. I bought 100 rounds of .308 FMJ and 40 rounds of 308 A-Max and then 100 rounds of 38 special HP. It all came out to be about $115 with shipping and my card was charged almost immediately since I was ordering early in the morning before 6am on Jan 26th.
I figured, hey they're in Houston, Texas and the stuff gets shipped UPS Ground so it should be here before the week end and at the most by the 1st. No so much...
My ammo's status is STILL "shippment pending". I've called twice and the first guy sounded like he didnt give a flying rat's @$s about the delay and gave me a lame excuse. Called Monday and got a different person, this time a woman who at least acknowledged it shouldnt have taken this long since most of the orders from that day had shipped and said it should be shipping out before Thursday.
I feel like I'll be an old man by the time the stuff gets here at this rate, and I've heard rumors the ammo is dirty as hell and often loaded kinda stout.
Anybody else have experience with USA Ammo or remanufactured ammo?
I once ordered remanufactured ammo. No problem in firing.
However, when cleaning time came it was akin to cleaning
out one's chimney. Holy Smoke!