Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com

Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com (http://www.firearmstalk.com/forums/)
-   Ammunition & Reloading (http://www.firearmstalk.com/forums/f30/)
-   -   USA Ammo and remanufactured ammo (http://www.firearmstalk.com/forums/f30/usa-ammo-remanufactured-ammo-37780/)

Ruzai 02-02-2011 08:00 AM

USA Ammo and remanufactured ammo

So I decided to take a chance and buy remanufactured ammo. Since the banner for USA Ammo kept poping up on the forum I figured I'd see how good the prices are. Everything looked well and good enough form behind a computer screen, but once you start to buy from them you see how deep the bullcrap gets. I bought 100 rounds of .308 FMJ and 40 rounds of 308 A-Max and then 100 rounds of 38 special HP. It all came out to be about $115 with shipping and my card was charged almost immediately since I was ordering early in the morning before 6am on Jan 26th.
I figured, hey they're in Houston, Texas and the stuff gets shipped UPS Ground so it should be here before the week end and at the most by the 1st. No so much...
My ammo's status is STILL "shippment pending". I've called twice and the first guy sounded like he didnt give a flying rat's @$s about the delay and gave me a lame excuse. Called Monday and got a different person, this time a woman who at least acknowledged it shouldnt have taken this long since most of the orders from that day had shipped and said it should be shipping out before Thursday.
I feel like I'll be an old man by the time the stuff gets here at this rate, and I've heard rumors the ammo is dirty as hell and often loaded kinda stout.
Anybody else have experience with USA Ammo or remanufactured ammo? :confused:

falseharmonix 02-02-2011 10:56 PM

I ordered some ammo from Cabela's a couple years back. I'm pretty sure it was by the same company. They only sell reloads of once-fired brass. Mine was 500 rds of 9mm. I didn't have any problems with my order (except that I lived in Illinois at the time, so it took more paperwork than the rest of the non-communist states). My order showed up when it said it would.

Perhaps you just fell between the cracks?

willfully armed 02-03-2011 05:33 AM

I tried some in 10mm years ago. It felt Like I was shooting three different guns.

Slow would just pop like a weak 38, some like a light 10mm, and then big bang like 357. Shot that one box and ill never do it again. Brass was filthy, charges totally inconsistent.

falseharmonix 02-04-2011 09:44 PM

I apologize, I got my manufactures mixed up. It was not USA Ammo that I ordered from Cabela's. Disregard my post :rolleyes:

Ruzai 02-05-2011 05:06 AM

Well this morning they threw the ammo on the UPS truck. Apparently the stuff isnt coming from Houston...wish I would have known that to begin with, instead its coming from Spokane Washington and wont be on the doorstep until the 10th. I wont be ordering from these people again and I'll be pulling a few random bullets and checking weights of ALL of them to make sure I dont get a squib round. I'm not so much worried about the 38 specials as I am the 308s. The 38s are coming out of a 357mag capable gun so it gives me a bit of comfort, doesnt mean I wont check them though.

TURKEYFOOTGIRL 02-15-2011 11:36 PM

Try The Hunting Shack Ammunition

darkbarrel 02-16-2011 03:17 AM

I was going to order 1000 rounds of .308 from them until I read this. Is their ammo for the most part poor quality? I read other reviews that they had decent product.

Ruzai 02-16-2011 07:04 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by darkbarrel (Post 446415)
I was going to order 1000 rounds of .308 from them until I read this. Is their ammo for the most part poor quality? I read other reviews that they had decent product.

Well i finally got the ammo from USA AMMO on Feb 14th. So it took from Jan 26 to Feb 3rd to get the stuff on the UPS truck. Then UPS decided the package needed to take the scenic route and took from the 3rd till the 14th to get here.
Not too happy with either company at the moment, especially UPS because they usually deliever much better results than this.
The package started in Idaho went west to Spokane, WA for some reason, then south to Salt Lake City Utah then to Earth City, MO. Usually when stuff comes from Earth City, MO from Brownells or Midway USA its here in like 3 days. Instead my package when to Memphis TN and sat there for a day and half without moving and then to Jackson MS finally to the house.
As a matter of fact, I ordered fine stones to work on trigger work from Brownells after the USA Ammo package was on the truck, and the Brownells still got here first.

The ammo itself looks uniform enough and has a weight within 1 grain difference but from the weights I keep getting I have a feeling they are all gong to be pretty warm loads, especially the 308s.
Darkbarrel, I'll let you know how dirty they are and if they vary on the range. But be prepared to weight 3-4 weeks to get the stuff if you order them. I'd rather go out and buy the Monarch steel cases, which I've had good results with in my FAL.
Just curious, what gun did you have in mind for use with the 308s?

darkbarrel 02-17-2011 03:44 PM

Quote:

Just curious, what gun did you have in mind for use with the 308s?
My friend and I would be splitting the ammo 50/50, and we both have Remington 700 SPS varmints

Ruzai 02-17-2011 10:05 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by darkbarrel (Post 447486)
My friend and I would be splitting the ammo 50/50, and we both have Remington 700 SPS varmints

If you want some trigger time behind your 700 SPS the ammo might be good but other than practice rounds for punching paper I wouldnt trust them. The only reason why is the variations in weight and the over all length of the rounds, they're fairly shorter than it should be and wont bring out the best accuracy in a precision rifle like the 700 SPS.