Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com > Gear & Accessories > Ammunition & Reloading > Uberti 1873 Cattleman - which lead bullet diameter to use?

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 02-28-2013, 01:44 PM   #11
FTF_SUPPORTER.png
Feedback Score: 0 reviews

Liked 5203 Times on 2968 Posts
Likes Given: 4434

The Outer's "Foul Out" electrochemical bore cleaner makes short, and easy work of removing heavy leading.

IME, shooting 5000 or more cast bullets with regular cleaning will polish the bore quite a bit and cut leading down appreciably.

Won't eliminate it if there are other factors involved, but sure lessens it.

Golda Meier.

Old 02-28-2013, 04:11 PM   #12

Liked 6 Times on 5 Posts
Likes Given: 1

I would've thought that jacketed bullets would do the polishing, due to their much higher friction co-efficient, rather than lead. That's amazing! jd45

Old 05-13-2013, 06:02 PM   #13

Quote:
Originally Posted by locutus View Post
The Outer's "Foul Out" electrochemical bore cleaner makes short, and easy work of removing heavy leading.

IME, shooting 5000 or more cast bullets with regular cleaning will polish the bore quite a bit and cut leading down appreciably.

Won't eliminate it if there are other factors involved, but sure lessens it.

It's a shame that Outers has discontinued their Foul Out bore cleaning product. I'm not sure if they are going to keep on selling the chemicals to accommodate those who previously bought the Foul Out product. I wrote them back in December when I was wanting to get one and found they'd been discontinued and the reply I received stated the reason for the discontinuance was that the product was a poor seller. I replied back that I'd never heard of this product until I saw it mentioned in a posting on a gun forum that week, and that if a product that works as well as this one reportedly does is suffering from poor sales then its the fault of their chief marketing officer who must have had his head up his ass since the time they first introduced this product because no one I know had ever heard about it or seen any advertising about it.

Honestly, if I had the funding I'd like to buy the patent to this product and have it produced and heavily advertised. I think if it is properly promoted then it would be a major seller. The time and effort this product apparently saves you when cleaning lead out of your bore makes it a must have for your cleaning bench.

Old 05-14-2013, 12:27 PM   #14
FTF_MODERATOR.png

Liked 5325 Times on 2779 Posts
Likes Given: 338

Quote:
Originally Posted by ShooterMcJJ View Post
It's a shame that Outers has discontinued their Foul Out bore cleaning product. I'm not sure if they are going to keep on selling the chemicals to accommodate those who previously bought the Foul Out product. I wrote them back in December when I was wanting to get one and found they'd been discontinued and the reply I received stated the reason for the discontinuance was that the product was a poor seller. I replied back that I'd never heard of this product until I saw it mentioned in a posting on a gun forum that week, and that if a product that works as well as this one reportedly does is suffering from poor sales then its the fault of their chief marketing officer who must have had his head up his ass since the time they first introduced this product because no one I know had ever heard about it or seen any advertising about it.

Honestly, if I had the funding I'd like to buy the patent to this product and have it produced and heavily advertised. I think if it is properly promoted then it would be a major seller. The time and effort this product apparently saves you when cleaning lead out of your bore makes it a must have for your cleaning bench.
The reason they dont sell well is because deleading patches work great for a fraction of the cost and hassle.

"Gun control: The theory that a woman found dead in an alley, raped and strangled with her panty hose, is somehow morally superior to a woman explaining to police how her attacker got that fatal bullet wound." — L. Neil Smith

The problem with being stupid is you cannot simply decide to stop doing dumb things...

Old 05-16-2013, 10:09 PM   #15
FTF_SUPPORTER.png

Liked 5203 Times on 2968 Posts
Likes Given: 4434

They work well for leading and copper fouling.

They don't sell well because they're expensive.

Never have figured out why someone would spend $1000+++ on a gun, and nit be welling to spend $75-$100 on a bore cleaner that doesn't require "scrubbing" that expenxive bore????

Oh, well. Every day I see $1500-$2000 rifles with $99 K-Mart scopes on them. Go figure!

Golda Meier.