Tul Ammo?
You are Unregistered, please register to use all of the features of FirearmsTalk.com!    
Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com > Gear & Accessories > Ammunition & Reloading >

Tul Ammo?

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 11-26-2011, 06:15 AM   #1
Feedback Score: 0 reviews

Liked 2 Times on 2 Posts

Default Tul Ammo?

I picked up a few boxes of Tul Ammo at Wally world. They were at a decent price and figured id add to the stockpile.

9mm - $9.00/50Rds
.45 auto - $12.00/50rds
7.62x39mm -$4.00/20rds

Never used them before but I figured at the price, it was a steal. Anyone ever used this ammo or have any issues with it bad or good?

Join FirearmsTalk.com Today - It's Free!

Are you a firearms enthusiast? Then we hope you will join the community. You will gain access to post, create threads, private message, upload images, join groups and more.

Firearms Talk is owned and operated by fellow firearms enthusiasts. We strive to offer a non-commercial community to learn and share information.

Join FirearmsTalk.com Today! - Click Here

Old 11-26-2011, 07:22 AM   #2

Liked 210 Times on 150 Posts
Likes Given: 10

Quote:
Originally Posted by UrbanNinja
I picked up a few boxes of Tul Ammo at Wally world. They were at a decent price and figured id add to the stockpile.

9mm - $9.00/50Rds
.45 auto - $12.00/50rds
7.62x39mm -$4.00/20rds

Never used them before but I figured at the price, it was a steal. Anyone ever used this ammo or have any issues with it bad or good?
My 1911 eats it right up, I'm not sure about my Mosin, but decided to try some of their factory 7.62x54 ammo out, but I noticed one round(of20) is shorter than the rest, and my ar fires it straight, but didn't cycle it(undersized gasport).

Old 11-26-2011, 07:38 AM   #3

Liked 2 Times on 2 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by pagj17

My 1911 eats it right up, I'm not sure about my Mosin, but decided to try some of their factory 7.62x54 ammo out, but I noticed one round(of20) is shorter than the rest, and my ar fires it straight, but didn't cycle it(undersized gasport).
I put the 7.62 in my SKS and cycled it by hand just to test my new magazine out.. I had a couple FTF problems but i wont judge it until it is actually fired. I had planned on running the 9mm first to test out with my Hi-point C9 (its a Hi-point, so I figured why not be a guinea pig too?) But i sure as heck didnt want to run it through my Kimber until i was certain. Ive never heard anything bad about it, but on the other hand I hadn't heard too much about it at all.

Old 11-26-2011, 12:47 PM   #4

Liked 1728 Times on 1030 Posts
Likes Given: 374

I have shot a bunch of Tula in .45acp,9mm Luger, 9 x18 and .380. All of it performed as good as the more expensive American ammo. The two drawbacks, which don't bother me, are: It is not reloadable and it is dirty.

I don't reload, and I clean my firearms after every shooting.

Carl Sagan

Old 11-27-2011, 02:14 PM   #5

Liked 2 Times on 2 Posts

My Beretta Storm in .45 ACP did not like it, a couple of FTF and FTE out of one hundred rounds.

Blue1

Old 11-27-2011, 06:01 PM   #6

Liked 2 Times on 2 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chainfire
I have shot a bunch of Tula in .45acp,9mm Luger, 9 x18 and .380. All of it performed as good as the more expensive American ammo. The two drawbacks, which don't bother me, are: It is not reloadable and it is dirty.

I don't reload, and I clean my firearms after every shooting.
I wouldn't have any problems with that either. I dont reload my ammo and I always clean my guns after every shoot also.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Blue1
My Beretta Storm in .45 ACP did not like it, a couple of FTF and FTE out of one hundred rounds.

Blue1
if there is only a couple FTF/FTE of 100rds... I could deal with that. Im not using it for personal protection, just target ammo. But as Chainfire said..it is very dirty. Do you think that may have caused any FTF/FTE problems for you?

Old 11-30-2011, 01:52 AM   #7

Liked 210 Times on 150 Posts
Likes Given: 10

Quote:
Originally Posted by UrbanNinja

I wouldn't have any problems with that either. I dont reload my ammo and I always clean my guns after every shoot also.

if there is only a couple FTF/FTE of 100rds... I could deal with that. Im not using it for personal protection, just target ammo. But as Chainfire said..it is very dirty. Do you think that may have caused any FTF/FTE problems for you?
Well I wasn't very happy with the tulammo 762x54, but it wasn't bad, my ar still refuses to cycle it, but will cycle everything else now.
The 45 was okay in my 1911 though.

Old 11-30-2011, 04:11 AM   #8

Liked 2 Times on 2 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by pagj17

Well I wasn't very happy with the tulammo 762x54, but it wasn't bad, my ar still refuses to cycle it, but will cycle everything else now.
The 45 was okay in my 1911 though.
Was the .45 dirty like Chainfire had mentioned? Im going to hit the range the weekend with the SKS and try out the 7.62x39.

Old 12-07-2011, 06:17 PM   #9

Liked 6 Times on 5 Posts
Likes Given: 14

Quote:
Originally Posted by UrbanNinja View Post

9mm - $9.00/50Rds
.45 auto - $12.00/50rds
7.62x39mm -$4.00/20rds

Tulammo prices are not as good here in Houston Walmart:
.45 ACP - $14.97 for 50
9mm - $9.47
However, the Winchester White Box is still $31.97 for 100rds of .45

I bought a box of the Tulammo just to try out. At that price, I probably won't use it in quantity. $2 per hundred is not enough savings for me to use Russian steel case ammo all the time, especially when my preferred indoor range does not allow steel or aluminum.

I'll report back after shooting this, though.

Old 12-07-2011, 06:32 PM   #10

Liked 2 Times on 2 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by bowserb
Tulammo prices are not as good here in Houston Walmart:
.45 ACP - $14.97 for 50
9mm - $9.47
However, the Winchester White Box is still $31.97 for 100rds of .45

I bought a box of the Tulammo just to try out. At that price, I probably won't use it in quantity. $2 per hundred is not enough savings for me to use Russian steel case ammo all the time, especially when my preferred indoor range does not allow steel or aluminum.

I'll report back after shooting this, though.
Thanks for keeping me posted. White box is about the same price here. Unfortunately my Kimber doesn't like it. I had a FTF 1/10. I like to use Blazer Brass .45. No issues whatsoever when using blazer in ANY of my weapons