Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com

Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com (http://www.firearmstalk.com/forums/)
-   Ammunition & Reloading (http://www.firearmstalk.com/forums/f30/)
-   -   Too much ammo? (http://www.firearmstalk.com/forums/f30/too-much-ammo-17368/)

gloks4life 08-26-2009 04:55 PM

Too much ammo?

has anyone been buying up all you can for whatever reasons! i seem to be buying 22and 45: ammo any chance I get,(if my wife knew, the **** would hit the fan):D

tiberius10721 08-26-2009 05:01 PM

I was buying up all the 9mm at walmart every chance I got but not anymore. Im going to start reloading it since I already reload for other pistol calibers. I still buy primers and powders chance I get. I switched to shooting black powder to conserve my ammo supplies. try it out its a load of fun.

Shotgun Shooter 08-26-2009 05:03 PM

I'm waiting for 22 bricks. I bought 60rds of 00bk and 10 more slugs last week. I'll be buying more, but I would really like a couple more 22 bricks in my stash.

S.S.

orangello 08-26-2009 06:10 PM

If it will keep you out of trouble with the wife, i'd be glad to take some .45 off your hands. :D

NGIB 08-26-2009 06:13 PM

I buy when I find a deal and when my stash starts to run low. Bought a case for the AR today...

Gojubrian 08-26-2009 06:21 PM

I've been buying 9mm, 12guage, and .22 ammo on a regular basis.

I've had to buy new ammo cans. :D

spittinfire 08-26-2009 06:22 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Gojubrian (Post 151124)
I've been buying 9mm, 12guage, and .22 ammo on a regular basis.

I've had to buy new ammo cans. :D

You have a 9?

fprefect 08-26-2009 06:38 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by gloks4life (Post 151066)
has anyone been buying up all you can for whatever reasons! i seem to be buying 22and 45: ammo any chance I get,(if my wife knew, the **** would hit the fan):D

No more that usual. I own 6 firearms and probably have between 50 and 250 loaded rounds for each as well as an adequate supply of reloading components. If I could get some valid reliable information as to just who the "bad guys" are suppose to be, then possibly I might become a bit more concerned.

As of now, I seen a very small group of people who are over reacting to our current economic problems that ARE real, but likely not nearly as serious as some believe. We ARE going to see a devaluation of the dollar that will likely occur over a period of years resulting in considerably higher prices for almost all consumer goods(with the possible exception of electronics) and a continued high rate of unemployment.

But as of now, I just don't see the possibility of uncontrolled lawlessness in the streets to be a likely outcome. However, things could change and those who find themselves totally unprepared for such an outcome, have their heads in the sand.

F. Prefect

c3shooter 08-26-2009 07:05 PM

Gee- lets see now.......

Hit a good sale at Dick's last year- got two cases of 9mm really cheap.
Grandkids like to shoot, so I probably have 10-15 bricks of assorted 22- not counting my match ammo (keep yer grubby little mitts off the good stuff, kids)

UPS delivery man is still not speaking to me since I hit the sale on MILSURP 8mm Mauser and 7.62x54R- got a few thousand of each. Still shooting the steel cored Chinese 7.62x39 I got a few years back- down to about 1500 of those.

Reload .308, .220 Swift, and .243. Down to a couple of thousand primers, but will wait til the market settles down on those.

Still reloading .45 ACP, .38 wadcutter, and HAVE to reload my .357s (very heavy solids for long range target/hunting- can't really buy 165 gr easily)

Got a good deal about 2 years ago on the last of the Greek .303 Brit- but only a thousand. Getting hard to find.

Guess the shortest round in my inventory right now is the .348 Winchester (reload THAT for sure- price will make you weep!) and I'm down to about 600 rounds of 7.5 Swiss. The milsurp load is getting scarce.

The .410s, 20's and 12's are stacked up beside the safes. Never know when you may want to pop some doves, or take a friend out for sporting clays. Couple of hundred oddballs- .38 S&W, .32 S&W, few rounds of .320 Euro for that weird little Belgian revolver- and the stuff you picked up in trade, but you keep because you might get a gun some day that uses it- like 32 gauge shotgun, .351 SLR, etc.

Hey- when the day comes that you are knee deep in zombies, remember I told ya so! :D

And value of my arms and ammo has appreciated MUCH better than most of my stocks!

c3shooter 08-26-2009 07:14 PM

1 Attachment(s)
Attachment 5515

Was there something that you needed? :rolleyes: